The IIDA Northland Chapter invites you to post your company’s open positions on our site.
All Members and Annual Chapter Sponsors may post positions for free.
For everyone else, the cost to post is $50 per posting.
Submit your job posting HERE
Please use the file uploader on the form to provide the job description and application instructions. We will link to your website or a specific web page if requested. If your job opening fills, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can remove the posting from this page. We reserve the right to remove postings after two months.
The following opportunities have been posted by employers in the region and have not been edited or verified.
Contact the person listed for more information about a posting.
Current Job Postings
Senior Interior Designer - Blu Dot 5.11.22
TITLE: Senior Interior Designer – Brand Environments
REPORTS TO: Creative Director; Assortment and Visual Merchandising
ABOUT US: Blu Dot (www.bludot.com) is an innovative, modern home furnishings company based in Minneapolis. The environment is dynamic and creative and the perfect fit for someone interested in making a meaningful contribution to a fast-growing, successful company.
Inspire a more creative way of living through good design that’s good to everyone.
– Good design is good. Good design should be reflected in everything we do.
– Keep it simple. Strive for economy in all that you do.
– Everyone is invited to our party. Treat every individual with respect & dignity.
– Our glass is half full. Focus on the positive.
– Be humble. We take nothing for granted.
– Turn it up to 11. Determine what is expected and do a little more.
– Stay curious. Try, learn, improve, repeat.
ABOUT THE ROLE: As Senior Interior Designer – Brand Environments you will help to lead, develop, and assist a team of Interior Designers, and Jr. Interior Designers, by providing interiors, merchandising and planning direction to our multiple stores and Blu Dot brand environments, under the direction of our Creative Director; Assortment and Visual Merchandising.
- Work with Creative Director, Director of Architecture & Construction on New Store developments and designs
- Translate and lead our merchandising and pairing directives to our Interior Designers for all retail locations on the bi-annual store resets and major product launches
- Help to direct and create innovative store experiences and merchandising directives for our existing stores, our new stores in development and Blu Dot brand environments.
- Work closely with our teams in Marketing, Trade and Contract, Wholesale and Stores to keep a consistent and cohesive visual brand identity
- Manage timelines of our bi-annual floor refreshes and major product launches within our stores
- Lead and develop a team of Interior Designers and Jr. Interior Designers creating innovative and beautiful environments in our stores and for our distinctive brand environments
- Continue to develop new, innovative, and inspirational experiences for our customers
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in related field (Interior Design, Architecture)
- Required ability to use drafting software; AutoCAD, SketchUp and/or Revit
- Be highly proficient at leading and completing projects independently, efficiently and on-time
- Willingness to learn and design within the Blu Dot brand identity
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in Microsoft OS and Adobe CS
- A self-starter with strong organization skills, detail, and process oriented and amazing multi-tasking abilities
- Team player who is able to lead and develop a team of Interior Designers
- Exceptional communication and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience collaborating on projects with Architects and Contractors
- Ability to lift and move heavy furniture and accessories
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
If interested, please apply here!
A&D Representative - Intereum 5.5.22
TITLE: A&D Representative
WHO WE ARE: Intereum is Minnesota’s only Certified Herman Miller workplace environment specialist. We create inspiring spaces to work, learn, and heal. Intereum is a full-service resource that implements solutions in commercial furnishings and audio-visual technology. Transforming spaces from ordinary to extraordinary, Intereum sees things others can’t see and utilizes tools others don’t have. With business acumen, a rich culture, and an integrated process, Intereum has grown to become a top regional choice for office renovation, reconfiguration, and completely new office environments.
OUR Purpose: Delivering environments that inspire work, learning, and healing
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
New Business Development
- Support Intereum’s A+D vision and integrated influencer strategy through insightful information, thoughtful events and elevated customer service and experiences.
- Develop relationships with top firms and key contacts to strengthen Intereum’s position in the market and drive specification
- Support A+D firms in our market with timely education of our portfolio of products, services and thought leadership.
- Seek opportunities and leads from A&D influencers, vendors, industry partners, and others.
- Work collaboratively with MillerKnoll’s primary A&D representative.
Sales & Marketing Support
- Serve on project teams in support of bid or proposal development. Participate in project strategy development and action plans with insight from A+D influencers.
- Provide thought starters, product alternatives and recommendations, budget pricing and other specification support to drive product specifications.
- Conduct showroom tours.
- Participate in sales presentations as needed.
- Create content for social media, newsletters, or email communications to target A&D influencers in collaboration with marketing team.
- Close business.
Relationship Building: Networking, Promotional Events and Public Relations
- Cultivate a broad network of professional contacts by building networks through hosting thoughtful events, sharing insightful information and educational activities to raise brand visibility in the market.
- Identify and participate in appropriate networking venues and activities that include, but are not limited to: 1:1 meetings, A&D industry’s professional associations, including event sponsorship (Fusion, FAB, & Minnecon), and attendance or participation in vendor trips and events like NeoCon/Design Week.
- Coordinate and participate in outreach activities such as educational forums, student mentoring, classes and other relationship building activities.
Utilize account plans to strengthen position within top firms in market and review quarterly.
- Serve in a consultative role. Position Intereum as a strategic partner in securing new business.
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of the designer’s business, industry, and challenges.
- Monitor organizational changes or realignments that may impact future recommendations.
- Within the top firms, identify and manage key relationships with influencers to drive business and specifications.
- Generate awareness of new products; conduct new product presentations as needed with top accounts and greater market A+D firms to cultivate relationships.
- Close business.
Team Activities, Administrative, & Professional Development
- Participate in new business development meetings.
- Attend team, department, and company meetings.
- Maintain A&D contact database.
- Train on new products offered by MillerKnoll and other preferred vendors.
- Develop forecasts and manage sales funnel for A+D driven leads.
- Prepare internal documentation as required (e.g. expense reports).
- Participate in training and professional development activities.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 4-year college degree (Interior Design or Architectural design preferred)
- CID and LEED certified (preferred)
- MillerKnoll product knowledge
- Minimum two years professional experience in an interior design or architectural firm or related business, or within a commercial office furniture manufacturer or dealership.
- Knowledge of commercial interior design principles
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Able to build personal connections by gaining the trust and respect of others. Able to actively and perceptively listen to others and respond with empathy, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong customer focus. Highly responsive to customer needs; consistently demonstrates a commitment to achieving the highest level of customer satisfactions.
- Proven sales skills with ability to close.
- Superior organizational abilities. Able to effectively manage multiple moving parts by setting priorities, effectively allocating time and resources, and by completing the tasks associated with multiple projects in various stages of the order process. Close attention to details and accuracy in data entry are critical.
- Strong public relations and communication skills. Able to communicate effectively in person, by email and telephone with customers, vendors, and colleagues.
- Effective team member. Works collaboratively with others. Makes positive and timely contributions to the team’s success in meeting objectives.
- Presentation skills. Able to present ideas, proposals and solutions in a thoughtful yet compelling manner.
- Problem solver. Able to recognize and clarify the nature of a challenge, evaluate alternatives, and propose solutions. Able to respond quickly and resourcefully to customer inquiries, requests and concerns. Demonstrated resourcefulness in identifying actions needed to solve problems.
- Able to work effectively within a well-defined business process. Understands the importance of adhering to established procedures and protocols.
- Displays flexibility in approach to job both internally and externally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Work, and Excel. Highly motivated to learn and to effectively use systems and tools unique to Intereum and the commercial furniture business.
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A State-of-the-Art Facility with plenty of free parking, incredible technology throughout, and a multitude of workspaces at your disposal
- Flexible work environment – Work Your Way allows you to choose where you work
- Use the EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) methodology to provide tools to help individuals and teams achieve goals, growth, and improvement
- Quarterly State of the Company Meetings
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Seasonal Onsite Flu Shot Clinic
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Community Service opportunities
- Company events, beverages and food included
- Ability to use your talents and strengths to make a positive impact
If interested, please apply here!
Notice: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Intereum is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Intereum is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Interior Designer - Archimea 4.29.22
Archimea Interior Design Services is currently looking for an Interior Designer to join our team.
We are a well-established, and energetic interior design firm. We provide businesses with strategic workplace solutions, merging our interior design expertise with the client’s unique workplace needs and the personality of the business. Archimea works with a variety of project types and market segments, including corporate, education, hospitality, assisted living, multi-family housing and government. Our central focus is the specific knowledge required for the design of space for work and human interaction. Projects vary in size and scope from small tenant improvement to large complex remodels. In all our projects we strongly emphasize teamwork, collaboration, high ethical standards, accuracy, creativity, and a strong focus on the client experience. Archimea is a division of Suntide Commercial Realty, a fast-growing property management, brokerage, and construction firm.
Archimea is looking for a highly qualified person who can deliver interior design projects from initial contact to occupancy, interacting with clients, brokers, end users, and contractors. This individual must be highly motivated by the challenge to expand level of responsibility and skill, taking ownership of the work, quality driven, service oriented, detail oriented, professional, consistent, flexible, while contributing to team spirit.
– Project planning/ client interaction
– Conceptual/ Schematic Design
– Field verification
– Square footage calculations
– Code research
– Project schedule and budget
– Design development
– Space Plans, Pricing Plans, Construction Drawings (AutoCAD)
– Finishes, furniture, and lighting selections, coordination and specification
– Construction observation, contractor submittal reviews
– Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field
– 8+ years experience in workplace/ commercial design
– Computer skills (AutoCAD, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel), familiarity with PowerPoint and PhotoShop
– Understanding and working knowledge of relevant codes and standards (IBC, MN State Building Code, BOMA Standards, ANSI Standards)
– Space Planning of commercial office space
– Construction Drawing package
– Overall Project Management, ability to effectively lead the interior design process
– Support client relationships through effective communication and follow-up
– NCIDQ Certification preferred
– Competitive Pay
– Flexible position, great work/life balance – Full or Part time
– Paid time off
– Medical, dental, optical, life and LTD (32 hour work week minimum required)
– HSA account
– 529 Education plan
– Hybrid remote work ability
– Paid maternity/paternity leave
– Business casual dress
– Underground parking
– Free use of onsite exercise facilities
– Fun group outings and a great work environment!
If interested send email to: email@example.com
Interior Architectural Designer - ESG Architecture & Design 4.27.22
Interior Architectural Designer (multiple positions)
ESG Architecture & Design (ESG) is an award-winning design firm with a national practice in urban residential, hospitality, workplace environments, higher education, branding and graphic design. Since the company’s founding over three decades ago, ESG has helped clients create environments for community, business, and leisure by providing holistic, creative solutions to complex problems. The company’s mission is to enrich the built environment beyond architecture and buildings; to deliver the superior, the timeless, the memorable and the unique; and to design environments that capture the human spirit and uplift our lives.
At ESG, everyone is welcome. We appreciate and value differences among our team, clients, partners and vendors, and in the communities where we live and conduct business. As an inclusive workplace, we encourage bringing your authentic and whole selves to work.
ESG is currently looking for a creative individual to join our team as a Interior Architectural Designer.
The Interior Architectural Designer serves on a variety of project types and will be primarily responsible for project documentation and coordination. The Interior Architectural Designer supports the Interior Design project team to complete design and construction documents. This role facilitates communication between the project team and consultants and is responsible for project detailing, drafting, quality assurance, and scheduling. The candidate will be charged with assuring that the project meets building codes, budget, and all necessary deadlines in order to fully meet client expectations. We are looking for someone to join our highly creative, collaborative design group that is passionate about fostering our team spirit and growing with us.
- Associates degree in Architectural Drafting or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Minimum of five years of architectural experience.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a wide range of individuals from ESG project teams to consultants and contractors.
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize tasks based on project demands while simultaneously balancing multiple deadlines.
- Strong background in base building and interiors projects, including LEED-certified projects.
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures and experience resolving complex technical and design issues.
- Ability to create technical documents are clear, concise, and complete.
- Required proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus and profit sharing
- 401K matching program
- Flexible work schedule (24 hours/week in the office)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance packages
ESG is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff. People of color, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply. People of all genders, orientations, abilities and cultural identities are welcome and encouraged to apply.
If you meet the minimum qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply with your cover letter, resume and project samples. Submit your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interior Designer IV or Associate - ESG Architecture & Design 4.27.22
INTERIOR DESIGNER IV OR ASSOCIATE
ESG currently has an opening for a talented Interior Designer level 4 or Associate level Designer with a minimum of 5+ years of professional experience, competent in covering a wide variety of tasks centered on the interior design process through all phases of design documentation, from conceptual design through construction administration.
YOUR TALENTS PUT TO GOOD USE:
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team on multiple projects and project types.
- Lead projects through the interior design process, from programming, concept design, design development, construction documents and construction administration while collaborating with design director, partner in charge, and delegating with teammates, and consultants.
- Help to manage budgets, schedules and other project management and business related priorities on projects
- Work directly with clients, contractors, consultants, vendors, and other team members
- Help to oversee the project design and maintain the project’s overall design direction
- Develop and deliver budgets, selections, specifications and staging of furnishings, art and accessories
- Help to mentor staff
- Develop and deliver 3D models and renderings in Revit/Enscape
- Demonstrate a high level of client presentations, graphics, images, renderings, and material palettes
- Deliver and guide teams to produce a full set of interior design construction documents
- Deliver and guide team to produce a full set of furniture specifications
- Present to clients in collaboration with other Interior Design team members
YOU’RE MEANT FOR THIS:
- Interior Design Degree
- NCIDQ certified, or planning to take the exam
- Minimum of 5-10 years of Interior Design experience in commercial architecture and construction field
Skills and Characteristics
- Is fully versed in Revit standards and procedures
- Strong understanding and knowledge of commercial design
- Strong graphical and presentation skills (proficiency in REVIT, Enscape, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Modeling Software)
- Highly motivated, excellent time management and efficiencies, and ability to balance multiple priorities and projects
- Excellent communication skills – works to keep entire Interior Design/Arch/Client team informed and aware throughout process
- Proactive, Self-Motivated, Can-Do attitude
- Collaborative spirit
- Positive leadership skills
- High level of conceptual creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to provide efficient and elegant design solutions
- Ability to have a solid working relationship with clients and internal teams
If you checked the boxes above, then what are you waiting for? Email your cover letter, resume, and project samples to email@example.com
ESG is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff. People of color, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply . People of all genders, orientations, abilities and cultural identities are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Architecture & Design Manager - Steelcase 4.26.22
DATE POSTED: 25-Apr-2022
BUSINESS FUNCTION: Sales
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time/Regular
OFFICE LOCATION: N/A
What you will be doing:
As the Architecture & Design Manager (ADM) you are responsible for representing the Steelcase portfolio in its entirety while partnering with designers and architects to support their projects. In addition to working with the design community, you will simultaneously be working alongside our local dealers, establishing close partnerships as you strategize on a shared approach to the market. While representing our vast portfolio of product, you will also develop a deep understanding of current workplace issues and trends across multiple industries to become a resource to the clients you support in the ever-evolving workplace. This role is based in the Minneapolis/St. Paul market and travel will primarily be within this area.
Your key responsibilities are to:
- Develop close relationships with designers and design firms at multiple levels to uncover new opportunities for Steelcase Inc. and our partner brands.
- Leverage Steelcase research and product to educate and inform design firms of trends and shifts related to people and place.
- Foster a strong partnership with our two local dealers on design community marketing and branding strategies.
- Engage with the regional Steelcase team to bring in additional insights and perspectives when beneficial.
What you need to be successful:
You are innately curious and demonstrate an understanding of and passion for client and customer issues. Personal success motivates you, and you also find satisfaction in helping others succeed and creating innovative solutions within a collaborative team environment. As an experienced sales/design professional, you:
- Have strong relationship skills, relationship maturity and the confidence to develop relationships at all levels within design and architecture firms.
- Are self-motivated, well-adapted and results oriented.
- Have developed dynamic communication skills including presentation, written and verbal.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to receive coaching and conduct personal reflection.
- Have a high level of organizational and management skills necessary for coordinating complex projects, working with teams, and executing on short- and long-term goals.
- Are able to juggle an in-person, virtual, and social media presence within the design community.
- Are inventive and enjoy coming up with new approaches to old problems.
- Are skilled at transitioning relationships to business opportunities.
Desired experience and education:
This is a field sales role within a distributed team that typically requires 5-10+ yrs. of professional experience. Ideally, you will have experience selling to or working within the design community with broad exposure and understanding of the design process. Existing relationships with the local design community are a plus. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Who We Are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we’ve evolved into the international leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to be more successful at work. We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability, and develop insights in every part of our business. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking, we embrace well-being in its broadest sense and we provide mentoring and inspiration at every step of your career journey.
How to Apply:
We invite you to submit your resume/CV through our careers page. We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we’re always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply. Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
Design Studio Lead - Rypen 4.19.22
To apply for this role, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rypen is a modern interior design company. We combine deep product offerings, extensive service, powerful technology, and human expertise to bring to market premium furniture and lighting. Founded in 2011, Rypen is a locally owned, nimble team of design, operations, technology, and sales professionals that serve everyone from individual clients, interior designers and architects, to multinational corporations furnishing their unique spaces. Rypen sources pieces from celebrated designers, as well as designs an in-house collection with manufacturing facilities in Minnesota and around the world. We exist to deliver well-designed, turnkey environments to our clients both big and small through a streamlined and hospitality driven buying experience.
Rypen recently launched its first open-to-the-public store and design studio to better serve our clients. As Design Studio Lead, you’ll be leading an important team building a new line of business for a well-established company. The Design Studio Lead will own the selling experience for retail and select design/trade clients and process, setting and executing strategy, managing a core team, and iterating to continue to grow towards providing excellent client experience.
This position is a full time position
Role and Responsibilities
- Drive the full sales process for Rypen’s with local trade and retail clients, leveraging Rypen’s first public design studio
- Manage the full sales cycle, including outreach and client follow up via phone and email
- Collaborate with other Rypen team members such as design, logistics, and technology professionals to ensure a seamless client experience
- Stage and evolve the store aesthetic experience, including buying and merchandising new product
- Assist in the development and execution of a multi-pronged marketing strategy
- Manage and train sales team to effectively communicate Rypen’s value proposition, and be informed on Rypen’s products and services, as well as industry trends
- Identify and act on opportunities to innovate the store experience
- Assist clients on showroom floor
- Manage after-purchase client support via phone or email
Other duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining showroom cleanliness
- Assisting with order pick-ups, loading client cars
- Tracking and maintaining inventory
- Moving furniture or accessories as needed
- Other duties as assigned
We’ve imagined the person fulfilling this role to have some or all of the previous experience listed, but recognize that applicable experience comes in many forms.
- 3+ years experience in sales, design, retail management, or hospitality
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management software is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively both in person and over phone or email
- Demonstrates an engaging and welcoming personality
- Team player, prioritizing team wins over individual accomplishments
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Views no task too big or small
The store hours are from 10am-7pm, and are subject to change due to holidays and other circumstances. The Design Studio Lead will be expected to work an average of 40 hours per week, and work a combination of opening and closing shifts. This position is not eligible for remote work.
Competitive pay based on experience. Additionally, Rypen employees are eligible for benefits including medical, life, and disability insurance, product discounts, and paid time off.
Health and Safety
Rypen is committed to the health and well-being of our team members. As a company, we follow the recommendations of state and local officials, and empower our team to take extra precautions as they deem necessary regarding personal protective equipment (masks).
Rypen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Supermarket Designer - SpartanNash 4.5.22
At SpartanNash, we deliver the ingredients for a better life through customer-focused innovation. We do this for our supply chain customers and U.S. military commissaries, retail store guests and, most importantly, our Associates. In fact, we see a day when each will say, “I can’t live without them.”
Our SpartanNash family of Associates is 17,500 strong, ranging from bakery managers to order selectors; from IT developers to vice presidents of finance; from HR Business Partners to export specialists. Each of them plays an integral role in SpartanNash’s People First culture, Operational Excellence and Insights that Drive Solutions. Ready to contribute to the success of our food solutions company? Apply now!
7600 France Ave S – Edina, Minnesota 55435
Full Time – Hybrid Opportunity
Job Number: R27759
Design, develop and implement interior store environments for décor and fixture layout for corporate stores and independent retailers. Coordinate the planning process with retailers, real estate group associates and various suppliers to meet established design standards. Provide support to Store Design Supervisor in conceptual design, layout, and construction documentation.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Work with customers to develop interior store design concept(s) and determine project scope such as operational requirements, budget, work scopes, etc.
- Create construction documents that include interior & exterior elevations, reflected ceiling plans, floor finish plans, etc. that show the design elements, signage, fixtures, lighting and finishes utilizing AutoCAD Software.
- Design décor packages and interior store environments that are relevant to the customer and consistent with the brand utilizing graphic design software such as Illustrator or Corel Draw
- Ensure store plans and fixture layouts meet design needs and are within budget limitations.
- Analyze site plan and research data to determine departments, positioning and size, restrictions, and alternatives for traffic flow, receiving, utilities etc.
- Identify and designate space for prep areas, back room, front end etc.
- Revise store layout, as needed.
- Review and analyze architectural and mechanical drawings for assigned projects to avoid discrepancy and meet Company store design standards.
- Coordinate, collaborate and build strong working relationships with partners (architecture, engineering, procurement, operations, construction, merchandising, presentation, marketing, and finance) to meet established scopes, schedules, and cost estimates objectives.
- Coordinate activities with the construction project manager or the retailers’ representative to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Support manager in updating construction documents, standard specifications and design updates as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends in retail store design including fixtures, lighting, and finishes.
- Focus on meeting Company objectives and customer needs.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required) in Architecture, Interior Design, Industrial Design or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Five years minimum of architecture, retail design or related experience; supermarket/retail experience preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD required.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and/or Corel Draw required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with associates and management at all levels as well as external resources (i.e., vendors, contractors, independent retailers, etc.).
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Strong understanding of architectural and mechanical drawings as well as supermarket space requirements, equipment functions and product flow.
- Working knowledge of design and color principles, lighting, materials, architectural detailing and specifications.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel up to 20% to do site evaluations and oversee projects.
- Knowledge of local, state, and national construction related regulations (i.e., building codes, ADA requirements and familiarity with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety requirements on construction projects, etc.) helpful.
SpartanNash is a certified Veteran-Friendly Employer. We value the perspectives, backgrounds, skills, work ethic and leadership that those who are military connected bring to the workforce.
As part of our People First culture, SpartanNash is proud to offer a robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package.
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is Hiring! Search available jobs or submit your resume now by visiting this link. Please share with anyone you feel would be a great fit.
Interior Designer - Brunton Architects and Engineers 4.1.22
Brunton Architects & Engineers is looking for an enthusiastic Interior Designer with a keen eye for detail to undertake a variety of project types, create high-end solutions while collaborating with our award-winning team. The ideal candidate will be highly creative, an effective communicator, and able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. This candidate will have a passion for mentor-ship and assisting junior designers build their skills in the profession. You will develop design concepts and manage client relationships while overseeing a project from schematic design through construction administration.
With locations in North Mankato and Hopkins, we support a family-friendly culture with a team full of people who are passionate about design! We value our employees on both professional and personal levels and make a great effort to encourage opportunities for our teams to connect between offices.
- Assist in programming and planning efforts in tandem with the architectural team to develop schematic space planning and adjacency requirements.
- Create project designs from conceptualization and schematic design through construction documentation and administration.
- Research and coordinate materials and products for project related drawings and
- Produce specifications and technical construction drawings including finish plans, reflected ceiling plans, interior elevations, and interior details while ensuring coordination with architectural and engineering details.
- Coordinate with other disciplines and assume interior related construction administration duties on
- Implement all local, state, and federal applicable building codes and Americans with Disabilities Act codes and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, Architecture or
- NCIDQ certification is
- 5 years of commercial interior design experience is
- Strong creative design and drawing/graphic skills, capacity for conceptual design thinking, and 3D design/modeling ability.
- Strong oral design presentation skills are needed to communicate with
- Proficient in current version of Revit Architecture and Adobe Creative
Please submit resume, cover letter, and portfolio to:
Jessica Nelson at email@example.com
Interior Designer II/III - Mohagen Hansen Architecture Interiors 3.30.22
We’re seeking a mid-level Interior Designer! Take that next step in your career with us!
Do you want to join and grow with an award-winning Architecture and Interior Design Firm with exceptional people? Are you looking for a flexible, collaborative, creative work environment that encourages learning and professional development? Flexibility with us means that our employees are generally working a hybrid remote and in office schedule. Collaborative with us means we encourage all our staff to ask questions and bring their expertise to the table no matter the role. Does this fit how you want to work? Make an immediate impact in the expanding Interior Design Team at Mohagen Hansen Architecture Interiors. We are a mission, vision and values-driven organization that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit with fresh, new ideas. This position offers a strong portfolio, a talented team and great marketing opportunities for the right candidate.
In this role you will be performing all technical aspects of the interior design process from project setup to construction administration. You will be involved in leading and creating design concepts, assist in design efforts, data gathering, planning, documentation and gaining experience in a variety of projects.
- Works with architectural and interior design teams to develop the interior design direction, translating complex programming requirements into schematic design while developing detailed concepts focusing on the patient experience.
- Lead the thought leadership of interior design on assigned projects, including research, strategic planning, interview participation, and partnering with the architecture team.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively and professionally with multidisciplinary teams.
- Research materials and concepts to advise and direct design team on technical issues influencing interior design concept development.
- Utilizes past knowledge and experience to enhance the quality of design.
- Coordinates the design work of others and ensures integrated and cohesive design.
- Works within project schedules to prioritize tasks and coordinate the completion of documentation required from initial design phase through final project completion.
- Review’s material submittals and conduct on-site observations.
- Coordinates interior design data gathering and document preparation.
To succeed in this role:
Knowledge and Experience:
- The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited program.
- At least 5 years of commercial interior design experience including experience with a focus on healthcare design and projects, showing a proven track record of successful design with complex, multi-phase projects.
- Work toward professional licensure and/or certification; LEED AP and EDAC strongly encouraged.
- Fluent knowledge of Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and/or other related graphic software programs is expected.
- Knowledge of 3D programs such as Revit and/or Sketch-up
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
- Willingness to take on a variety of projects.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with clients and co-workers, and a passion for providing mentorship to staff.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Interior design concepts, materials, and furnishings requirements specific to Healthcare and hospitality projects – including concepts, practices, standards, and principles.
- Thorough understanding of the technical process for large-scale interiors projects with a specific emphasis in the healthcare and hospitality sector as defined by the firm.
- Experience delivering successful projects which comply with relevant building, FGI, ADA, construction standards, and other related regulatory requirements.
- Proficient in building materials, specifications, and construction techniques
- Working expertise in applicable codes (city, state, federal)
- Knowledgeable in finish materials, FF&E selection and specification, interior design components for millwork/casework and construction detailing.
Skills and Abilities:
- Team player willing to jump in no matter how exciting the task may or may not be.
- Anticipate designers and client needs ahead of time.
- Can do attitude.
- Desire to be part of a great team and culture!
- Willing to ask for help when needed.
- Willing to grow and learn with each project.
Since our start in 1989, we have evolved into a full service, 40-person, mission, vision, and values-driven organization that promotes a collaborative work environment. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit along with fresh, new ideas. We exist to serve our clients by doing what we love. We leverage our passion for design using our skills, talents, and agility to meet our client’s needs. Our services include a full spectrum of programming, planning, design, and interior design services for corporate, healthcare, multi-family housing, government, dental, financial, and industrial clients.
Learn more about us at www.mohagenhansen.com and apply today!
Sales Coordinator - Designtex Specialist, Sales Support - Designtex 3.28.22
OFFICE LOCATION: 1616 Hi Line Drive Suite 110
DATE POSTED: 25-Feb-2022
BUSINESS FUNCTION: Customer Service
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time/Regular (remote)
DESIGNTEX, a leading design and product development company that offers, innovative and
performance-tested, environment enhancement surfaces and solutions. An inquisitive nature allows for us to be leaders in unique design, fabric technology, environmental responsibility and service. A Steelcase (NYSE:scs) company.
• Support up to four assigned Sales Representatives with sales-related support associated with
business opportunities / sales orders in their territory.
• Answer the Company’s ACD call line and provide customer assistance in a timely and thorough manner.
• Maintain up to date on the Company’s products, to enable timely and accurate assistance to sales representatives and customers.
• Assist assigned Sales Representatives with the entry and maintenance of Project Central.
• Actively participate in key projects to assist your assigned Sales Representatives with delivering
exceptional customer experiences and in identifying and developing business opportunities.
• Supplement and partner with pricing team in the management and resolution of credits, invoicing, andorder pricing corrections.
• Work with internal and external customers to determine order status and disposition.
• Assist with the removal or delivery of canceled, rescheduled, and sample orders from sales
• Provide daily support on all pre-sale and order management of Designtex projects, including product quoting, order updates, changes, acknowledgements, and assistance with customer questions, as needed.
• Assist customers with specific furniture manufacturer approvals (i.e., Coalesse, Steelcase.)
• Supplement Designtex Sales Representatives by providing back-up coverage on voicemail greetings / email auto response for sales when on vacation or out on calls and immediate response is required.)
• Manage key account programs with SPOC.
• Engage in daily order review to actively identify orders for projects and ensure accurate specifier assigned. Ensure all pre-order commitments are supported as orders are processed.
• Review and track sample entry from prior day, ensuring all overnight samples were delivered to customer on time.
• Daily entry and resolution of price quotes, reserves, cutting for approval and claims.
• Cross-train and supplement Order Specialists in times of high volume / business needs.
• Initiate new account additions, including completing forms for new account, when opportunities are identified.
• Provide project management assistance including pre-orders, watching stock levels and ensuring order stock is being utilized. Maintain current programs via Deal program and Project Central.
• Provide feedback to marketing, sales and IT as opportunities for process improvement are identified
(includes sales materis, website, spec guide, product feedback, etc.)
• Engage in continuous personal improvement to pursue training and knowledge on Designtex products
• Assist in showroom customer traffic and maintain sample levels, as applicable.
• Liason between Technical Services personnel and customer to obtain testing data, finish information,
specification data, hanging instruction and warranty information. Follow-up on custom and large quantity projects with Sales Team.
• Assist with processing and problem resolution of customer orders, research documents and reference material for required solutions.
• Support order management quality.
• Complete various projects and reports as requested by Area Support Manager or Manager, Customer Experience.
• Minimum of two (2) years of customer service related experience required.
• Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with internal and external customers.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM software required.
• Ability to work in minimally supervised situations and ability to handle non-standard events.
• Ability to develop and recommend new and/or modified operating policies that enhance the
• Ability to effectively analyze and interpret order requests to ensure accuracy of order entry.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good understanding of Designtex’s order processes from order entry to final customer invoicing.
• Ability to handle multi-problem situations within a limited time frame.
• Ability to make decisions quickly and accurately with no direct supervision.
• Ability to effectively organize workload to accomplish assigned tasks in a timely and accurate
• Ability to recognize problems and act on them.
• Ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities and strong follow-up skills.
• Ability to work with and understand multiple computer systems and support systems.
• Proficient in the use of basic technology programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Strong organizational skills with high level of attention to detail.
• Ability to solve problems through cross-functional integration.
• Experience in the textile A&D industry highly desired.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
Designtex provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to
race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job
*Central or Mountain time working hours for this role*
To apply, email: Applicants can email Amy Jagunich firstname.lastname@example.org
Or lease click the link:https://careers.steelcase.com/external/FolderDetail/Designtex-Specialist-Sales-Support/4822
Marketing Specialist, Brand - Atmosphere Commercial Interiors 3.28.22
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors
Marketing Specialist, Brand
The Marketing Specialist, Brand is a member of the Marketing team, assisting in a variety
of assignments designed to position and promote our capabilities to increase sales, drive
growth, and create an exceptional and cohesive client experience.
Are you a creative and highly detailed individual with excellent organizational and time
management skills? Do you have the ability to collaborate with a variety of people to bring
about inventive and successful solutions? If so, then please consider applying to be part
of our amazing Marketing team. We are currently seeking a Marketing Specialist, Brand
to join the team in our Minneapolis, MN location.
We are one of the largest commercial furnishing providers in the country, creating spaces
that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our
clients range from small business owners to Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare,
education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of
services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning,
and project management services.
At Atmosphere we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients and
constantly striving to provide the best possible work environment for our team members.
The Marketing Specialist, Brand is a member of the Marketing team, serving the entire
enterprise and marketing team goals, and local market to ensure success in the region.
This role will assist in a variety of assignments designed to position and promote our
capabilities to increase sales, drive growth, and create an exceptional and cohesive client
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Under the direction of Sales and Marketing leaders, prepare high quality client
proposals and presentations using corporate literature and templates, writing,
editing, proofreading, compiling information or materials, and using established
proposal (RFP/Q/I) process.
2. Assist with regional marketing budget and objectives, review monthly with
regional Sales Leaders.
3. Produce campaign content and support audience coordination, such as
4. Manage local printing, photography, and media partners.
5. Produce high quality marketing materials in a timely manner and maintain any
centrally accessible content libraries for proposal and marketing content,
including: case studies, visual media, corporate literature, proposal materials, award submissions, and other collateral—in partnership with Marketing Leaders
to ensure adherence to brand and digital guidelines.
6. Support client and partner relationship development through direct interactions
during Worklab tours, presentations, events and networking opportunities.
7. Support Atmosphere’s overall social media strategy and implementation.
8. While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of
the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Core Strengths / Attributes
• Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written
communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a
variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains
positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
• Demonstrates Accountability: Strong self discipline and motivation. Shows
initiative, takes responsibility for work and actions, high level of integrity.
• Execution Management: Works quickly to get things done; uses resources
effectively; detail oriented and high level of accuracy. Owns execution of tasks
and demonstrates excellent follow through. Drives for Results and fosters a
sense of urgency.
• Continuous Learner: Self-directed, learns and advances from experiences and
feedback, stays informed of industry trends, products and applications.
• Resilient and Adaptable: Open to new experiences to develop skills and ability
to work in a fast paced, continuously evolving role.
• REPORTS TO: Brand Manager, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors, with dottedline relationship to EVP/RVP, MN Sales.
• INTERNAL: Collaborate with all Atmosphere Departments to ensure smooth
workflow and flawless execution.
• EXTERNAL: Works with external Media Partners, Print Production and outside
resources including photographers and key vendors, such as A&M and
Steelcase, in order to execute responsibilities.
Minimum Job Requirements
• 4-year college degree in Marketing, Communications, or Graphic Design and/or
equivalent professional experience
• Proficiency in Office 365/Microsoft Office applications, specifically Teams,
PowerPoint and Word.
• Experience with managing business social media accounts
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
• Ability to provide portfolio of work
• Great attention to detail and project management skills with experience
managing complex projects and initiatives with multiple stakeholders and
If interested, please apply here: https://www.atmosphereci.com/careers/marketing-specialist-brand/
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for
following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All
employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program
and follow safe work practices.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere
Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Account Coordinator - Parameters 2.22.22
JOB PROFILE – Parameters, Ltd.
Position: Account Coordinator
The Account Coordinator is responsible for the entire sales order fulfillment process. This includes management of customer orders from order entry point through punch list, providing support to sales and design personnel, and accurate and timely service to customers. The Account Coordinator will be an instrumental part of a team typically consisting of the Account Manager and Project Designer and will meet on a regular basis to provide current updated information on orders and project status. The Account Coordinator will meet with installation subcontractors for quotes as well as scheduling projects with the Service Manager. Additional responsibilities and requirements will include: coordination with order entry, order management, factory interface, client interface as needed, punch lists and close-out of orders. Solicitation of product information from manufacturers for ancillary project requirements.
The Account Coordinator will participate in vendor product updates and will be required to periodically attend after hour marketing or educational events. The Account Coordinator is a direct reflection of Parameters and must present themselves in a professional manner.
General Job Description
Core Competencies and Responsibilities:
- Ability to learn and follow key internal and external processes.
- Able to multi-task many projects at the same time.
- Collaborate and assist team on responses to RFP’s, to include follow up on ancillary furniture requests and other possible new working relationships.
- Assist and participate in preparation for presentations and client meetings as needed.
- Participate in marketing events as needed.
- Manage repeat customer product orders, key orders and/or parts orders.
- Interact with customers when necessary or as directed by the Account Manager.
- Audit order specifications and assist Account Managers by converting CAP or ProjectMatrix into CORE and finalizing proposal preparation.
- Creatively think quickly to help develop a vision or solutions for the team.
- Know the products you sell so that you can effectively suggest solutions or alternatives.
- Manage order change requests with affected manufacturers.
- Help monitor changes and communicate back to Design Department to maintain accurate records and plans.
- Communicate with design and install teams by effectively utilizing necessary resources and technology.
- Assist Account Manager with punch lists, ensuring a timely follow up with client and installation team to assure quick project completion.
- Work with manufactures to obtain replacement product for the punch list in a timely manner.
- Manage Field Service Labor requests (FSL’s) and warranty claims.
- Work with installation contractors to ensure they have all necessary receiving and installation documentation.
- Monitor manufacturer’s orders to ensure a timely delivery and installation according to the project/client schedule.
- Be prepared for team meetings with Account Manager and Project Designer.
- Communicate any discrepancies to Account Manager or other team members.
- Troubleshoot with team to find best solution to problems.
- Make sure that all necessary documentation for client projects are stored in Client Files and in CORE file cabinet as needed.
- Ensure that all punch list items are addressed and resolved.
- Coordinate Project Close Out meetings with Accounting Department, Senior Management and team members, Information to include status on unresolved issues, additional costs to the project, original signed proposal.
- Work with Accountant to ensure that orders or projects are to be billed at the appropriate time and that all paperwork is completed for billing.
Key Reporting/Working Relationships:
- Position reports to Senior Account Coordinator and management.
- Works with Account Managers, Project Designers, Installation Manager, Sales Assistants, Accounting and Senior Account Coordinator.
Key Results Expected:
- Get the job done working harmoniously with the team.
- Documentation is accurate and complete.
- Show initiative and willingness to contribute.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. At least two years of experience in interior design, customer service, sales or equivalent service sector.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed, with the ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, InDesign, CAP 20/20, ProjectMatrix
- Committed to meeting customer needs in a timely and accurate manner.
- Listens actively and attentively.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Customer Service
- Dependability & Adaptability
- Job Knowledge and Skill Application
- Teamwork and Leadership
Interested candidates should send resume to Chris Rose at email@example.com
Interior Designer - Innovative Office Solutions 2.22.22
Job Title: Interior Designer
Status: Full Time / Exempt
Reports To: Furniture Manager
Location: Burnsville, MN
As an Innovative Office Solutions Interior Designer, you are at the heart of our value proposition. Our customers need your creativity, your unique way of solving problems, your ability to persuade them toward the most beneficial solution and your fluency in the technology that makes solutions come to life. Your projects will progress through four distinct phases.
- Work with Account Executives to sell smaller jobs or work as a part of larger team with Furniture Specialist & others on bigger, more complex jobs.
- Encourage Account Executive to create CORE order headers
- Assist Account Executives in appointments and tours
- Assist Account Executives as needed with site measurement and inventories
- Articulate the benefits of using one product over another. Be able to apply this knowledge to solve problems.
- Budget pricing
- Help fellow designers maintain the design library & stock appropriate tools. Order samples as necessary.
- Build and maintain working relationships with vendors and vendor representatives
- Problem solving through design and product selection
- Design and space planning
- Create Customer Presentation using Power Point software
- Keep open lines of communication with Account Executives to ensure project success
- Drawings and specifications
- Project Renderings
- Obtain installation quotes as needed
- Navigate contracts to quote the best available pricing to the customer.
- RFP response documentation
- Final Pricing
- Working knowledge of CORE to be able to import files and verify accuracy.
- Installation documents
- File information in Design Cloud per established naming conventions
- Team Work:
- Receives work direction from the Designer Lead in studio
- Openly exchange ideas and opinions with co-workers and ask for help when needed
- Work with walk-ins to select furniture.
- Work inventory into furniture proposals whenever possible
- Prioritize work load and have a customer first attitude
- Maintain a positive attitude and overall communication
- Other Duties As Assigned
- 4 year Interior Design degree
- 2 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge and aptitude for computer systems including:
- Microsoft Office Products
- Auto Cad
- CAP / Worksheet / Visual Impressions / 2020
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative, team environment.
- Work well under pressure and achieve deadlines.
- Have problem solving abilities.
- Ability to record and work with detailed information accurately.
- Have strong persuasive and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate both written and orally.
- Must be reliable and prompt.
- Must be computer literate.
Equal Employment Opportunity 2.2022
Interior Designer - Widseth - posted on 2.10.22
Find work/life balance in Minnesota’s beautiful Brainerd Lakes Area!
Live and work where you vacation, in the beautiful Brainerd Lakes Area! Widseth is a growing A/E firm with a long history in this community. Widseth offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package—AND the opportunity to live in a region that is surrounded by lake/ recreation, local culture, and a wonderful sense of community.
As an Interior Designer for Widseth, you will be self-motivated, team-oriented, creative, and will work collectively with project teams to develop innovative and thoughtful full service interior design solutions for a range of commercial clients and project types for new construction and renovations. Widseth encourages you to craft your career in design based on your passions and strengths. Our leaders are here to help you grow and learn with personal attention to project assignments and learning opportunities.
The position focus will be:
- Perform interior design assignments that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, space planning, and construction documentation.
- Develop FF&E packages, including specification of materials, fixtures, and furniture.
- Provide design support, material selections, and execution of design concepts during all phases of the project.
- Produce graphic presentations, including 3D renderings, for client presentations.
- Coordinate with material representatives, vendors, and consultants.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Approach your work with attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and organizational skills, and motivation to learn.
- Prioritize tasks and balance both short-term and long-term deadlines and projects.
- Create value. Inspire Greatness. This is our core purpose at Widseth.
To be considered for this position you’ll need to meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or related field from an accredited school.
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
- Certified Interior Designer or the desire to become a certified professional.
- Proficiency in Revit documentation required.
- Knowledge of 3D Rendering & Adobe Creative Suites applications is beneficial.
- In office-based position
- Availability to work extended hours as needed.
Widseth is a thriving, well-established professional services firm providing architecture, engineering, land surveying, environmental, and associated services throughout the Upper Midwest. With more than 200 employees working from nine offices across Minnesota and North Dakota, Widseth combines the stability of a mid-sized firm with a small-firm experience. We offer competitive compensation, discretionary annual profit-sharing and bonuses, health, life and disability insurances, paid time off, and paid holidays. EOE/AA
Apply online at Careers – Widseth