IIDA Northland aims to enable and empower the future designers of the North with programming and opportunities to develop and grow. This grant gives current student members an opportunity to think critically about interior design in an uncertain world. $2,000 grants will be offered to up to five students.
The global pandemic has changed everything in our daily lives – how we learn, how we work, how we socialize, and how we gather. How will COVID-19 change interior design? What innovations, new ideas, or changes could you see emerging from this unprecedented time? Submit your response to these questions in 2-5 pages. You may speak about the design industry generally, or focus on how a specific commercial market may change (e.g. hospitality, corporate, healthcare, education, multi-family housing, retail).
- Applicants must be a current IIDA Northland student member. To become a member, click here.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an Interior Design undergraduate or masters program or graduated in 2020.
- The only requirement for entry is a response to the above questions in a 2-5 page submission.
- Submissions may be an essay, or a combination of text and images/sketches.
- Want feedback on your idea? Submit a draft, even a storyboard, by the early submission deadline for feedback from IIDA Northland board members!
Up to five $2,000 grants will be awarded. Winners will be announced on IIDA Northland’s website and social media channels, and may be interviewed for an upcoming IIDA Northland blog post.
July 30th – Early Submission Deadline (optional). Submit a draft of your application for feedback from the IIDA Northland Chapter Student Affairs board members, who can critique and help you improve your submission.
August 10th – Feedback received from Student Affairs board members.
Extension: September 21st – Final applications due.
Apply Now – Applications are OPEN!
Apply for a Student Grant HERE
We do not accept unsolicited requests for financial support and will determine and announce program opportunities as they are available.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org