The following opportunities have been posted by IIDA Northland as a benefit to our student members. Companies and employers have either posted this opportunity or sent it directly to IIDA Northland, however, it has not been edited or verified. Contact the person listed for more information about a posting.
Have an opportunity, job position, scholarship, or event that you’d like us to share with our student members? Please send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The job postings on this page are text only – no graphics or logos, and will not contain linked documents such as PDFs or Word documents.We will link to your website or a specific web page if requested. You may email the text in Word format, txt format, or simply text within an email message. If your job opening fills, please contact email@example.com so we can remove the posting from this page. We reserve the right to remove postings after two months.
Current Job Postings
HDR - Interior Design Intern
Interior Design Intern
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR has exciting summer 2018 Interior Design internship opportunities with our downtown Minneapolis architecture studio.
Join us for an opportunity to be a part of an amazing team and earn real-world experience working on exciting projects.
In the role of Intern Interior Design, we’ll count on you to:
- Offer real-world experience on exciting projects
- Connect with recent college graduates and our company leaders through mentoring and young professionals programs
- Perform assignments under the direct supervision of your Department Manager, Section Manager or other professionals
- Develop drawing for study and presentation as needed, under direct supervision of interior design team members
- Assist with all aspects of design, including concept development, material/finish research and selection, interior finish boards, FF&E selection and construction administration
- Assist with development of drawings from schematic design through construction documents
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate interior design program
- Attention to detail a must
- Must possess strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Prefer 2 years completed toward degree with 3.0+ GPA
- Demonstrated knowledge of software packages related to field of study/industry
Preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Intereum - Design Intern
W H O W E A R E : Intereum is Minnesota’s only Certified Herman Miller workplace environment specialist. We create inspiring spaces to work, learn, and heal. Intereum is a full-service resource that implements solutions in commercial furnishings and audio-visual technology. Transforming spaces from ordinary to extraordinary, Intereum sees things others can’t see and utilizes tools others don’t have. With business acumen, a rich culture, and an integrated process, Intereum has grown to become a top regional choice for office renovation, reconfiguration, and completely new office environments.
O U R P U R P O S E : Delivering environments that inspire work, learning, and healing
OUR CORE VALUES:
• Positive, Can-Do Attitude • Quality Driven Throughout • Do the Right Thing
• Continuous Improvement • Responsive
• Plays Well with Others
Primary purpose of this position is to give an Interior Design student or recent graduate the opportunity to work with the Workplace Strategy and Resource team and get experience in the industry. Intern will work closely with the Resource Coordinator to maintain and improve the Resource Library, and will further support Designers, Sales Reps and the Resource Coordinator with other tasks as required.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
• Monitor and maintain all Herman Miller product literature and fabric/finish sample areas.
• Monitor and maintain literature and fabric/finish samples from ancillary (non-Miller) vendors. • Keep library and related areas and workspaces neat and organized.
• Perform other duties on daily/weekly Intern Task List.
• Prepare color and finish boards as requested by Design or Sales.
• Run prints as requested.
• Assist with field verifications.
• Order materials samples as requested, including testing samples.
• Develop and update project spreadsheets.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
9800 8th Avenue North Plymouth, MN 55441 763.417.3300 www.intereum.com
Other Responsibilities and Job Information
J O B T I T L E : Design Intern A C C O U N T A B I L I T Y A R E A : Resource Library REVISION DATE: 12.13.17
- This person is working toward obtaining, or has recently obtained, a degree in Interior Design, and should view this position as temporary, although three or four months (or summer-only duration) is typically not sufficient to learn and perform the varied and complex requirements of the position.
- This person should be eager to experience a wide range of tasks, work with multiple Intereum teams and manufacturers, and be self-motivated, with direction as appropriate.
- This person should demonstrate commitment to professionalism, integrity and sound judgment.
- Intern will be paid an hourly rate and is responsible for turning in a time card each week.COMPENSATION:Hourly rate to be determined.REPORTS TO:Resource CoordinatorCONTACT:Sue Weisberg, Resource Coordinator Direct phone: 763.417.3386
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A new state-of-the-art facility with plenty of free parking, incredible technology throughout, great coffee and tea options, and a multitude of work spaces at your disposal
- Quarterly All Company Meetings —Breakfast included!
- Monthly company social hours, beverages and food included!
- Ability to use your talents and strengths to make a positive impact
HGA Architects and Engineers - Student Intern
HGA Architects and Engineers
We have an excellent summer opportunity for students who wish to gain hands-on experience in an architectural/engineering/interior design environment. Paid summer internships will be 10 – 12 weeks beginning on or before May 30, 2018 (some flexibility is available).
Responsibilities will include working closely with team members on specific projects with the potential to be involved in a wide range of project-related work including assisting designers with space planning, interior detailing, 3D modeling, finish and material research, presentation materials and boards and maintaining the resource library.
To apply, please visit our website: https://careers-hga.icims.com/jobs/intro
- Submit a resume in PDF format indicating degree program, anticipated degree completion date, and GPA
- Attach a work sample of not more than 6 pages. If you are including group projects in your portfolio, please indicate your role on the project
Application deadline: March 26, 2018
Interviews conducted: April 2018
Final decisions made by April 27, 2018
Summer internship dates: approximately May 29 – August 17, 2018
Requirements: Must have completed two years of a 4+-year interior design program, preferably CIDA accredited. Minimum GPA of 3.5 required. Students must also have working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
IIDA Campus Center Awards
IIDA Campus Center Award applications ARE OPEN! Please help submit your campus centers for our newly designed awards program. The changes this year made the submission process more accessible and easier to complete! Any questions, contact me directly!