The following opportunities have been posted by employers in the region served by the Northland chapter of IIDA. These postings have not been edited or verified. Contact the person listed for more information about a posting.
The IIDA Northland Chapter invites you to post your company's open positions on our site.
If you have a position open that you would like to post on our site, please send the information to Rick Schuster at firstname.lastname@example.org
The job postings on this page are text only - no graphics or logos, and will not contain linked documents such as PDFs or Word documents. We will link to your website or a specific web page if requested.
You may email the text in Word format, txt format, or simply text within an email message.
If your job opening fills, please let Rick know so that he can remove the posting from this page. We may remove postings after two months unless you ask us to keep them listed. Thank you.
Current Job Postings
Forbo Flooring Systems
Architectural Specifications Representative
Posted 9-18-2014 – More information ▼
Job Title: Architectural Specifications Representative
Job Function: Sales/Customer Svc/Tech Svcs
Division: Flooring Systems
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Country: United States
State / Province: Minnesota
Forbo Flooring Systems is seeking to expand and enhance coverage in the Minnesota market. We are seeking responsible, motivated, self-starting candidates for a sales position calling on the A&D community along with endusers in the HealthCare and Educational markets. In addition, this individual will work closely with General Contractors and Flooring Dealers on particular projects. This position requires enthusiasm, attention to detail, ability to build relationships and responding quickly to a changing and fast paced environment.
Please forward resume or inquires for further information to:
Western Regional Manager
Forbo Flooring Systems is the global market leader in commercial floor covering solutions. Marmoleum, our flagship brand, owns a global linoleum market share of over 60%. All Forbo products combine high levels of functionality and durability. Forbo Flooring Systems is committed to environmentally responsible production, sustainable practices throughout its global operations, and to far-reaching customer service.
S&T Office Interiors Group
Senior Interior Designer
Posted 9-18-2014 – More information ▼
Title: Senior Interior Designer
Primary function: To work as a team member with the sales representative and client toward successful completion of design and space planning projects
- Accept larger, more complex project assignments; meet with sale representative and client to determine requirements
- Develop problem solving/space planning solutions for more involved projects using informational programming methods
- Select furnishings and finishes; prepare high quality, top notch presentation methods
- Compile product specifications, working with sales representative on descriptions and pricing
- Prepare installation plans, incorporating a thorough knowledge of the mechanics and systems
- Building base plan drafting and systems symbol drafting on computer
- Meet with product representatives for information and updates on major product lines
- Assist sales representative in locating sources, specific items, and helping and detail quotes for "order ready"
- Assist sales representatives in coordination of specifications, purchase and installation of finishes such as carpet, walls, and window treatments
- Work with great accuracy on projects, developing a history of high quality work with a low error
- Develop strong ongoing client relationships and a "client following"
- Graduate of accredited Interior Design Program
- Five to nine years related work experience
- Successful completion of NCIDQ
- Professional member of IIDA
- Well-polished professional presentation and communication skills
- Strong experience in use of AutoCAD/Project Matrix
- Proficient in office furniture
If interested, please contact email@example.com !
Check out our website and Facebook page for more information
Interior Designer, 5-8 years experience
Posted 9-9-2014 – More information ▼
BWBR, a full-service Saint Paul, MN architectural and interior design firm with a diverse practice and history dating back to the 1920's, has an immediate opportunity for an interior designer with 5-8 years of experience.
The ideal team member will bring creativity, professionalism, and energy to the position. With a work environment that encourages collaboration, we seek an individual with a positive spirit who can juggle multiple priorities and balance both short-term deadlines with long-term projects. Attributes desired:
- Shares BWBR's values
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Excellent planning and design skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience and interest in a variety of building types
- Proficiency in Revit documentation required
- SketchUp knowledge beneficial
- Related undergraduate degree and 5 to 8 years experience
BWBR pays close attention to individual strengths and is committed to continually fostering growth opportunities for our staff. Our size offers the opportunity to be engaged in small projects as well as large and complex building types in our core markets of health care, higher education, government, worship, and corporate. We offer a comprehensive benefits program as well as a profit sharing and 401(k) salary deferral plan.
This position will be based in our Saint Paul office. We offer a vibrant, professional office setting in the Lawson Commons Building in downtown, conveniently served by multiple bus routes and offering various parking options. With an office of more than 130 people, we provide a work environment designed to engage, empower, and enhance both those we work for and those we work with.
If interested, please apply online at: www.bwbr.com/careers/career-opportunities
General Office Products
Posted 9-8-2014 – More information ▼
OPENINGS FOR INTERIOR DESIGNERS
Great opportunity with an outstanding company!
Are you a bright, energetic, creative Interior Designer? …Join our GOP Design Team!
General Office Products is a leading Steelcase furniture dealership with an exciting opportunity for a qualified Interior Designer. As a privately held company with over 50 years of dealership experience, GOP offers substantial design services to our corporate, healthcare, and higher education clientele.
- Support sales staff, utilizing your expertise in design, concept development & space planning, using a consultative team approach in building client relationships.
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Interior Design, with 2-10 years of commercial design experience
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects & prioritize
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable and progressive with technology
- Great team player
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Revit, Sketchup and Microsoft Office
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Knowledge of Steelcase furniture desired
- CET rendering experience preferred, but not required
Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting office environment! Interested candidates can e-mail a resume & cover letter to HR@gopco.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Baker Associates Inc. Architects
Interior Design Intern
Posted 8-29-2014 – More information ▼
Collaborate with an architectural team to produce documents for small and medium sized commercial projects. This includes all phases of the interior design process from schematics to construction documents.
- Currently enrolled or a recent graduate from an accredited Interior Design program
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of interior design concepts, materials, and furnishings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work effectively in a team setting, communicating with others
Please provide portfolio and resume when applying.
Posted 7-11-2014 – More information ▼
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States, 53711
- Responsible for determining functional requirements, providing programming and space planning, facilities planning and materials specifications.
- Responsible for Revit documentation for all interior design related project items.
- Prepare presentation materials.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of products in the resource library and guide details.
- Responsible for the scope of interior services, contractual relationships and related fee issues.
- Develop construction and/or furniture budgets as they relate to the client's overall project goals.
- Coordinate and manage installation schedules with contractors for furnishings, including site punch list items.
- Three years of A/E experience required; experience in one of Flad's market segments preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in interior design or related field required.
- NCIDQ certification preferred
- Professional registration preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Sketch-up required.
- Revit, 3D rendering software, and Adobe Photoshop experience preferred.
- LEED AP preferred.
Interested candidates are asked to submit samples along with their resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/d28jqjf
Business Systems and Equipment
Manufacturers Representative Sales Associate
Posted 6-30-2014 – More information ▼
Business Systems and Equipment, a well-established, respected office furniture and systems manufacturers representative group, is seeking to expand and enhance coverage in the Minnesota market. Seeking responsible, motivated, self-starting, candidates for a sales position calling on the dealer community representing specific market segment products. Some responsibility for calling on the A&D community as well. This position requires enthusiasm, attention to detail, ability to build relationships and responding quickly to a changing and fast paced environment.
Other requirements include:
- High organization skills pertaining to planning, preparation and presentations
- Motivation to learn product lines quickly
- Good computer skills
- Industry knowledge beneficial, but not necessarily required
- Design background beneficial, but not necessarily required
- Maintain represented lines resource files at dealers
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. as in demonstration samples
Contact Pat McKenzie