The following opportunities have been posted by employers in the region served by the Northland chapter of IIDA. These postings have not been edited or verified. Contact the person listed for more information about a posting.
The IIDA Northland Chapter invites you to post your company's open positions on our site.
If you have a position open that you would like to post on our site, please send the information to Rick Schuster at email@example.com
The job postings on this page are text only - no graphics or logos, and will not contain linked documents such as PDFs or Word documents. We will link to your website or a specific web page if requested.
You may email the text in Word format, txt format, or simply text within an email message.
If your job opening fills, please let Rick know so that he can remove the posting from this page. We may remove postings after two months unless you ask us to keep them listed. Thank you.
Current Job Postings
Studio Hive, Inc.
Posted 2-10-2016 – More information ▼
Studio Hive, Inc. is seeking a Senior Project Manager with demonstrated interior architectural experience in Corporate + Commercial projects. This individual will lead by example, overseeing project teams and client accounts. Working with multiple projects and clients, this individual will be accountable for facilitation of team communications, planning, budgeting, scheduling, monitoring financial performance and inspiring team success.
Studio Hive is an Interior focused Architecture firm that works in the following core markets: Workplace design, higher education and sports & entertainment. Please see our web site: www.studiohive.com.
SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership for the successful execution and delivery of projects.
- Participates on and/or leads multiple projects/project teams during all phases of the project
- Provides strategic counsel to a variety of clients
- Leads teams to develop and execute strategies
- Develops superior account management including, budgets, timelines and client relationships.
- Strives to grow current account business
- Ensures that Clients are receiving the highest level of service and value
- Responsible for overseeing the delivery of design and construction documents
- Consistently provides complete and timely communication of project information to and from clients and project team.
- Preparation and execution of consultant and owner contracts.
- Solves complex project issues by providing team support and assists in developing solutions to technical problems.
- Ensures Quality Management Program is initiated and adhered to through the life of the project.
- Develops and monitors project work plans, scope of services outline and fees
- Plans, organizes and manages project team and deliverables. Provides on-going communication through team meetings/minutes/up-date memos to project team
- Assures planning for project inter-disciplinary coordination.
- Communicates with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to ensure project details are carried out at all levels.
- Participates in construction administration.
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships throughout project. Keeps client apprised of project progress on regular basis. Initiates and maintains contact with other key project individuals for clarification, coordination and negotiation of critical issues.
- Represents client in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts.
- Big picture thinker
- Creative problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere. Ability to be flexible in multi-tasking and assignment adjustments.
- Able to demonstrate proven and effective written and verbal communication and leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of a complex scope.
- Understanding of AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of Revit as required of Project Leaders.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, Interior Design or equivalent in education or experience required.
- Minimum ten years' experience in architectural/interior design practice with prior management experience in all phases of projects through post-occupancy.
- Experience with a variety of potential project types including commercial, corporate, higher education, hospitality
- Knowledge of relevant project management software
All qualifications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls or drop-ins please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Studio Hive, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Studio Hive complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Studio Hive, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Studio Hive employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Space Plans, Inc.
Posted 2-5-2016 – More information ▼
Seeking an Independent Contractor able to provide Cad Support services for recurring commercial projects. Contractor would work with designer(s) providing fit plans and leasehold drawings with standards template that would be provided by Space Plans, Inc. Must have strong CAD Skills, independent work ethic, basic code knowledge and able to work via e-mail/conference call.
Currently job range 10-15 hrs/week. If contractor has a stronger design background, hours could potentially increase to 25hrs/week in the future.
If interested, Please contact:
Space Plans, Inc.
General Office Products
Posted 2-5-2016 – More information ▼
Looking for a position to grow your design career? Interested in a new challenge in a fast-paced, exciting work environment? Want to build strong relationships with other Interior Design professionals? ...Join our dynamic team at General Office Products as an A+D Consultant!
- Develop, implement and maintain A+D strategy and initiatives with Sales Management
- Increase market presence within the local design community while representing the GOP brand
- Create and deliver presentations on a regular basis for strategic A+D firms
- Update Steelcase brand literature for firms not on Steelcase "strategic account" list
- Identify new opportunities/projects within strategic A+D firms
- Participate and present product/services with team during project interviews
- Build strong relationships through visibility at IIDA and other professional organizations
- Emphasize GOP services and key product differentiators (such as architectural walls)
- Conduct yearly executive reviews with strategic A+D firms
- Work to achieve key performance indicator goals as set by Sales Management
- Prospect for A+D related opportunities by utilizing company provided leads
- Attend and participate in all sales, training and company meetings
- Plan events and work on initiatives specific to overall A+D, CRE and major account clients, some of which may occur during evening hours
- Maintain complete transparency in all aspects of the job
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Previous outside sales or interior design experience
- Excellent written, technical and communication skills
- Assertive, flexible and display a strong sense of urgency
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to successfully present products/services
- Background in the contract interiors industry
- Familiar with Steelcase furniture solutions
- Experience with marketing and/or graphic skills
- LEED AP/Green Associate (or working towards certification)
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to bend and twist
- Must be able to work at a computer for long periods of time
Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting work environment! We offer comprehensive retirement/health benefits as well as competitive compensation.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation through this link to our website: http://www.gopco.com/career/ad-consultant/
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Posted 2-4-2016 – More information ▼
BWBR, one of the largest and oldest firms in the Midwest providing architectural, interior design, and planning services, is looking for an Interior Designer to join our office in St. Paul.
We're a firm of mission-driven individuals who enjoy working on complex projects for organizations in the health care, higher education, high tech, recreation, office and secure environment markets. You would add to our culture by bringing an innovative, inquisitive, and collaborative spirit that views design as both a tool to help our clients achieve their goals and an outcome that helps our clients stand apart.
As the ideal team member, you will bring creativity, professionalism, and energy to the position. Working in an environment that encourages collaboration requires an individual with a positive spirit who can juggle multiple priorities and balance both short-term deadlines with long-term projects.
Desired attributes include:
· Ability to thrive in a team environment
· Excellent planning and design skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Experience and interest in a variety of building types
· Proficiency in Revit documentation required
· SketchUp knowledge beneficial
· Related undergraduate degree and 3 to 8 years of experience
BWBR pays close attention to individual strengths and is committed to continually fostering growth opportunities for our staff. Our size offers the opportunity to be engaged in small projects as well as large and complex building types in our core markets. We offer a comprehensive benefits program as well as a profit sharing and 401(k) salary deferral plan.
We believe a healthy work culture is a culture that promotes health and wellness beyond your work. The diverse and dynamic interests of those who work here provide opportunities, both organized and impromptu, for individual pursuits and exploration. Click here to learn more about our culture.
BWBR offers a vibrant, professional office setting in the Lawson Commons Building in downtown, conveniently served by multiple bus routes and offering various parking options. With an office of more than 150 people, we provide a work environment designed to engage, empower, and enhance both those we work for and those we work with.
If interested, please apply online at: www.bwbr.com/careers/career-opportunities
Collaborative Design Group, Inc.
Posted 2-4-2016 – More information ▼
Collaborative Design Group, Inc., is a busy, diverse office located at the Stone Arch Bridge in the Historic Mill District of Minneapolis. Our nation-wide practice is noted for significant work on behalf of collegiate, residential, historic and public clients. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a collaborative, informal environment on some of the most unique projects out there!
We are seeking qualified professionals to join our multi-disciplined team, including:
- 3+ years Interior Design experience, with LEED accreditation a plus.
- Bachelors' degree in Interior Design or a related field.
- Demonstrated design excellence in a variety of project types.
- Strong communication and client skills.
- Sound detailing and technical abilities.
- Experience working with project teams.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up and InDesign programs.
- CID/NCIDQ desirable.
- Intellectually curious and interested in a wide variety of responsibilities and projects!
- Interacting with clients.
- Project team participation from design charrettes through project completion.
- Preparation of thorough and complete construction documents for interior projects.
Other Beneficial Qualifications:
- Interest in Academic Planning or Historic Preservation a plus.
- Hand drawing skills.
- Knowledge of Revit and advanced rendering is helpful.
- Project and team management experience a plus.
- Participate in marketing efforts and presentations to prospective clients.
CDG offers a competitive compensation package with benefits. Collaborative Design Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
All interested individuals should send resume to the following:
Pamela Gilbert, Human Resources
Please see our website for more information about our Firm!
Posted 2-2-2016 – More information ▼
MSR is seeking skilled, design oriented interior designers, architects, and design graduates with 3 or more years experience for full time employment.
Applicants must be team oriented, possess good communication and graphic skills, and have significant experience in the early phases of design as well as production of construction documents. Revit proficiency is required.
Posted 1-28-2016 – More information ▼
Healthcare Designer - Join a top Twin Cities Workplace
Plymouth MN 55441 USA
Intereum, located in Plymouth, is Minnesota's sole certified Herman Miller dealer. We deliver environments that inspire work, learning and healing by designing, furnishing and equipping interior spaces to businesses. What sets us apart is our awesome and hard-working team, who are dedicated to providing best-in-class service in our industry. For the second year in a row, we were voted by our employees to Star Tribune's Top Workplaces.
We seek an experienced interior designer with Healthcare design experience / interest to join our Healthcare dedicated design team. This highly detailed and fast paced position is an excellent opportunity for a designer who excels in communication, attention to detail and complexity in a dynamic environment. Day to day our designers work with our sales team and clients to generate proposals, detailed floor plans and product specifications. Specific duties include:
- Work with clients and sales team to define project goals and objectives
- Gather project scope of work, schedule and budget
- Evaluate furniture options thru block plans and typicals
- Create furniture 3D drawings and renderings
- Create overall furniture floor plans, shop drawings and final specifications
- Prepare installation documents
- Review and ensure all specifications and plans are accurate for order entry
- Maintain accurate project documentation and timesheets
- Assist in final project walk thru / punch list
Qualified candidates are experienced commercial interior designers with a specialty or strong interest in Healthcare design. We require intermediate to advanced AutoCAD proficiency. Revit skills desired, but not required. Our highly productive team of designers share company core values that include: Positive Can-Do Attitude, Quality Driven Throughout, Do the Right Thing, Continuous Improvement, Responsive and Play Well with Others. This collaborative position combines technical design with internal and external client management, requiring polished communication skills in managing expectations.
Intereum offers an employee-focused workplace, hosting monthly all-employee get-togethers and quarterly outings. Our philosophy toward continuous improvement and an engaged leadership style that encourages creativity and empowerment, make an enviable environment poised for continued growth. We offer a competitive industry salary and full benefits. Interested applicants please forward your resume to our hiring resource, Red Seat. Red Seat is not a recruiter or employment agency but a contract HR company assisting us in the hiring process. Forward resumes to: email@example.com. For more info, call Red Seat direct at (651)-317-9211. We will confirm receipt of your resume within two business days.
Intereum is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Intereum is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Contract and Trade Sales Representative
Posted 1-28-2016 – More information ▼
Hennepin Made is an independent studio focused on handblown glass lighting and other modern designs.
We are seeking to immediately hire a sales representative that can passionately call on architecture and interior design firms. Primary responsibilities are focused on managing opportunities from early stage outreach, moderate project management to maintaining post-sale relationships. Communication and phone skills along with ability to qualify leads expediently are the most important skills needed. This role will be based out of our Minneapolis location and will report to our Managing Director. The role will work alongside our committed team of designers and production staff. Our culture is rooted in shared ownership of building our brand and company. We are passionate about design and handmade craft, striving to have our daily work reflect our values. Join us in our mission to produce handmade goods that enhance the world we inhabit.
Your job will be to present our unique story and product line of handblown glass lighting to interiors specifiers, engaging them at every level of project planning. The ideal candidate loves sales and contemporary design, excels in a competitive team environment with ambitious goal setting and can employ a repeatable approach with rigorous tracking to achieve results. We are a young company with strong growth, so pounding the pavement and making new inroads at top firms will be key. Your weekly schedule will take you through everything from cold calling, presenting samples at top firms, and hosting events for clients. There will be at minimum, quarterly sales trips to different urban markets or tradeshows to promote the product line. Though experience specific to decorative lighting is not required, having familiarity with the field of interior design and architecture will be key.
Weekly, multiple, in-person presentations to architecture and interior design offices with samples
Qualifying prospective customers and opportunities
Following weekly checklist for sales procedure
Follow up on inquiries and quotes
Post-sale project management and reinforcement
Hosting sales events
Working at trade fair stands
Achieving and reporting weekly personal KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
Quarterly travel to clients / projects across your Territory
Desired Experience & Skills:
3+ years sales experience (with a repeatable sales process a plus)
Familiarity with Salesforce and Quickbooks a big plus
Ability to lift 15-20 pounds *required (you will be bringing samples to firms)
Compensation / Benefits:
Base salary commensurate with experience and commission with end of year bonus.
Please prepare to submit:
Resume & Cover letter (ONE paragraph stating your interest in working with us)
3 references: former boss, former customer, former colleague
Please email resume and cover letter to:
Alternative Business Furniture, Inc.
Posted 1-26-2016 – More information ▼
Experienced commercial interior designer, preferably with healthcare background; and recent/upcoming interior design graduate looking to work in commercial office interior design.
We are a full service office furniture dealership in the Minneapolis, MN area. Launched in 1993, we have grown organically to over 60 employees and offer a full range of office space expertise; from sales, design and product specification to delivery, installation and project management. We possess a dedicated and experienced staff, and boast a strong presence in the Healthcare, Corporate and Government fields. As well, we emphasize environmentally responsible green solutions for our customers, and offer fully remanufactured workstations to bolster this theme.
- Confer with clients to determine factors affecting planning interior environments; such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function.
- Advise clients on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
- Assist and coordinate with other professionals, such as contractors, architects, engineers, and plumbers, to ensure job success.
- Review and detail shop drawings for use in our remanufacturing department.
- Render design ideas in drawings using computer-aided drafting (CAD) and related software.
- Conduct site visits and measurements to ensure needed information.
- On-site walk through during and following projects to ensure interior plan realized.
- Bachelors' Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from accredited school.
- Open to various levels of interior design experience. Seeking curious and passionate designers.
- Proficient in Excel, AutoCAD and 3-D programs. SketchUp and other modeling software programs.
- Proficient in Creative Adobe Suite applications-Illustrator a plus.
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials and specifications a must.
- Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
- LEED accreditation is a plus.
- Work in a team environment.
- Willingness to offer strong opinions in a fast paced and supportive atmosphere.
- Ability to thrive with autonomy, and find practical solutions that work for both customer and company.
- Competitive salary above that offered by our competition for the right candidate. (Pay on merit as well as experience).
- 401K with company match that exceeds the industry standard.
- Opportunities to grow and follow your passion for success.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elness Swenson Graham Architects (ESG)
Posted 1-26-2016 – More information ▼
Elness Swenson Graham Architects (ESG) is an award winning design firm with a national practice in urban residential, hospitality, workplace environments, higher education, branding and graphic design. Since the company's founding over three decades ago, ESG has helped clients create environments for community, business, and leisure by providing holistic, creative solutions to complex problems. The company's mission is to enrich the built environment beyond architecture and buildings; to deliver the superior, the timeless, the memorable and the unique; and to design environments that capture the human spirit and uplift our lives.
ESG currently has an opening for a talented Interior Designer with a minimum of three to five (3-5) years of professional experience, competent in covering a wide variety of tasks centered on the interior design process through all phases of design documentation, from conceptual design through construction administration.
- Collaboration with interdisciplinary team on multiple projects and project types.
- Involvement in entire project process, from programming through design and into construction.
- Development of finish plans, drawings, details, models and construction documents.
- Development of furniture budgets and specifications.
- Development of client presentation materials.
- Coordination of product reps, furniture dealers and other project consultants.
- Assistance with project proposals.
- Interior Design Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Interior Design experience in commercial architecture and construction field
- Highly motivated, excellent time management and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Collaborative spirit
- Strong understanding and knowledge of commercial design
- High level of conceptual creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to provide efficient and elegant design solutions
- Strong graphical and presentation skills (proficiency in REVIT, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Modeling Software)
- Ability to have a solid working relationship with clients and internal teams
If you meet the minimum qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply with your cover letter, resume and project samples.
Account (or Project) Manager
Posted 1-19-2016 – More information ▼
An Account Manager (or Project Manager) acts as a conduit for customers, vendors, subcontractors and internal staff throughout the lifecycle of a project and is responsible for maintaining and expanding these relationships on behalf of the company.
Prevolv is the number one Inscape dealer in North America, which we take pride in. We are a small company that engages in family based activities and monthly outings such as Patio Parties, Saint's games, office Ping Pong and Dart tournaments. In addition to our monthly activities, we organize a monthly company lunch to stay connected and review current projects and successes.
We are looking for someone with a background in furniture who is proactive and takes initiative within their role. Below are additional qualifications for a potential candidate:
- Works well with a team consisting of sales, design and installation roles, with an understanding of their involvement.
- Maintain the confidence and willingness to interact with customers of all levels and attend meetings when necessary.
- Possess strong communication skills to effectively inform and convey information.
- Time management and the ability to meet reasonable deadlines is imperative.
- High attention to detail and organizational skills.
- The ability to resolve challenges.
- Go above and beyond customer expectations to make their experience positive to encourage reoccurring business.
- Develop customer quotations for products and services.
- Organize and review job folder. Make sure design matches quote and pricing.
- Prepare and update customer order status reports based on client requests or requirements.
- Conduct site measures, attend construction meetings, complete punch list with installers, and clients.
- Coordinate install, labor, building access and all involved trades.
- Place purchase orders with vendors and review acknowledgements for accuracy.
- Review and maintain job profitability.
- Generate invoices for customers.
- Participate in ongoing product training, lunch and learns, and other formal training.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc)
- Ability to read floor plans and elevations
- AutoCAD, preferred but not required
- QuickBooks, preferred but not required
Due to the nature of these job responsibilities, it is imperative that this position be available from 8 am to 5 pm throughout the work week. Specific issues will come up from time to time on some projects making it necessary to work outside of these normal hours. It is anticipated that this position will average around 40-45 hours during a normal work week.
We provide awesome benefits including 15 paid vacation days (increases 1 day every year), 10 paid holidays, health and dental insurance, long and short term disability with competitive compensation. Prevolv is set up for wireless connectivity and remote accessibility when needed. We are willing to work with specific scheduling needs, and allow flexibility in a case-by-case situation upon approval from management.
Interested? Please contact Ann Sickmann at email@example.com.
Ryan Companies US, Inc.
Posted 1-19-2016 – More information ▼
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3 Years
Years of Education Required: Bachelors' Degree
Specialty: Commercial, Industrial
Relocation Assistance may be available for the right candidate
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Ryan is a national Development, Architecture & Engineering, Capital Markets, Construction and Real Estate Management solution firm. Join a company that values its employees and provides excellent incentives: 401(k), flexible benefits, and a great corporate culture. We stand behind our mission "Building Lasting Relationships."
Ryan Companies US, Inc. has an exciting career opportunity for an Interior Designer! This opportunity is located at our corporate office in Minneapolis, MN. This position will support our ongoing interior design initiatives within the Architecture and Engineering department.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual to develop office design concepts; and participate in all phases of the project including programming, schematic design, design development, construction documentation, and construction administration. This position would have a strong emphasis on collaborating with Ryan's cross functional teams to develop creative and integrated solutions to solve our clients design issues. Designer will also be responsible for finish/furniture selections, developing 3D renderings, and presenting designs. This candidate must be adaptable, have experience managing priorities, and able to build successful internal and external relationships.
Qualified candidates will have 3-5 years of interior design experience in a professional environment, office design experience is preferred; and possess a Bachelors' degree in Interior Design or a related field. Must be proficient in Revit (or AutoCAD), Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Suites; preferred experience with Photoshop and SketchUp. Must also be able to creatively problem-solve in determining unique solutions or approaches.
Ryan is an EOE/AA Employer, and positions require verification of employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
True Talent Group
Posted 12-30-2015 – More information ▼
True Talent Group is seeking an innovative, passionate and creative Retail Designer with a lot of moxie for one of our clients in the north suburbs of Minneapolis/St. Paul. This contract position starts in April and goes through mid-June.
Our highly sought after client's team is a group of creative and passionate merchants who develop high end health and beauty products.
In this role you will be responsible for planning and design services for experience centers, department stores, and spas. You'll use your space planning, interior and fixture design, lighting, environmental and sustainable use design experience to create unique environmental experiences for our client.
This is a great opportunity with a fantastic company.
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- 3-5 years of experience in interior space planning and design, fixture design and project management with a strong portfolio to prove it. Strong knowledge of FF&E desired.
- Strong knowledge of Vectorworks or similar CAD programs Cinema 4D. Form Z or similar 3D modeling software, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (ability to work with all types of personalities)
- Ability to define goals, meet urgent deadlines, organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to innovate and initiate.
- Skilled working as a collaborative team or independently
- Sustainable design training or experience with good knowledge of sustainable materials preferable.
If this is you, please apply online at www.truetalentgroup.com today. Please include a link to your packaging samples. No phone calls please. We look forward to hearing from you!
About True Talent Group
True Talent Group is a Twin Cities based staffing and recruiting firm specializing in partnering with the BEST marketing, creative and interactive talent to solve our clients key business needs.
We're looking for expert talent who thrive in working in fast paced environments, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, are a master of their craft and love to continuously learn and grow.
Our clients span various industries, including retail, healthcare, financial, non-profit, food and beverage, legal, consumer goods, marketing and creative agencies and others. Our services include contract, contract- to -hire and full- time placements. Our team is specialized in connecting top marketing, creative and interactive talent with the right job opportunity.
Ready to make an exciting career change? Partner with True Talent Group today!
Innovative Office Solutions
Furniture Interior Designer
Posted 12-17-2015 – More information ▼
Job Title: Furniture Interior Designer
Status: Full Time / Exempt
Reports To: Furniture Manager
As an Innovative Office Solutions furniture designer, you are at the heart of our value proposition. Our customers need your creativity, your unique way of solving problems, your ability to persuade them toward the most beneficial solution and your fluency in the technology that makes solutions come to life. Your projects will progress through three distinct phases.
- Work with Account Executives to sell smaller jobs or work as a part of larger team with Furniture Specialist & others on bigger, more complex jobs.
- Encourage Account Executive use of work orders
- Assist Account Executives in appointments and tours
- Assist Account Executives as needed with site measurement and inventories
- Articulate the benefits of using one product over another. Be able to apply this knowledge to solve problems.
- Budget pricing
- Help fellow designers maintain the design library & stock appropriate tools. Order samples as necessary.
- Build and maintain working relationships with vendors and vendor representatives
- Problem solving through design and product selection
- Design and space planning
- Create Customer Presentation using InDesign software
- Keep open lines of communication with Account Executives to ensure project success
- Drawings and specifications
- Project Renderings
- Obtain installation quotes as needed
- Navigate contracts to quote the best available pricing to the customer.
- RFP response documentation
- Final Pricing
- Working knowledge of MBS-Dev to be able to import XML file and verify accuracy.
- Installation documents
- File completed projects
- Team Work:
- Openly exchange ideas and opinions with co-workers and ask for help when needed
- Work with walk-ins to select furniture.
- Work inventory into furniture proposals whenever possible
- Prioritize work load and have a customer first attitude
- Maintain a positive attitude and overall communication
- Other Duties As Assigned
- Knowledge and aptitude for computer systems including:
- Microsoft Office Products
- CAP / Worksheet / 2020
- Visual Impressionsmark
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative, team environment.
- Work well under pressure and achieve deadlines.
- Have problem solving abilities.
- Ability to record and work with detailed information accurately.
- Have strong persuasive and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate both written and orally.
- Must be reliable and prompt.
- Must be computer literate.
The Innovative Brand Promise
The Innovative Core Values
Keep It Simple
Be Honest and Humble
To apply, please go to: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=19024282
Equal Employment Opportunity 11/2015
Posted 12-17-2015 – More information ▼
Shea, Inc. is a nationally recognized design firm that creates solutions through a seamless blend of architecture, interior design, and branding/marketing communications. Shea is a leader in providing creative, strategic, and business-based solutions for clients in the areas of retail, restaurant/hospitality, financial institutions, and workplace. Our award-winning work provides real business results for clients and has built our reputation for smart creativity.
Our office seeks an Interior Designer with minimum 3 years of experience in the fields of restaurant and hospitality, retail, and corporate/workplace environments.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, thrives in a collaborative environment, and has excellent time-management skills to balance several project deliverables and deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Applicants should have strong design sensibilities with outstanding visual and verbal presentation skills. Primary responsibilities will include development of conceptual, schematic, and design packages, and moving into the production of construction documents under the direction/collaboration of a Design Director, depending on level of experience.
Candidate must have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the fields of restaurant and hospitality, retail, and corporate services including interior materials, finishes, furniture, and equipment. Experience in Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office is required.
If that's you, and you love our work at Spoon & Stable, Butcher & the Boar, Camp Smile, RBC Plaza, or Macy's, we'd love to talk to you.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls/agency calls, please. Shea is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sales Support/Resource Manager
Posted 11-30-2015 – More information ▼
Company Info: Small furniture rep firm in Plymouth specializing in products for the commercial and healthcare industries. We offer a fun, fast-paced work environment with the goal of providing extraordinary customer service to the architectural & design community and numerous furniture dealerships over a 4-state area.
Job Description: Flexible part time position to provide support to the sales team and showroom manager. Looking for a candidate with great organizational skills but ability to multitask and adapt quickly to changing priorities and schedules. Must enjoy meeting new people to form professional relationships and be willing to pitch in as needed to accomplish a variety of tasks. Initially a minimum of 24 hours per week with potential for additional hours and responsibilities as the company grows.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Resource library:
- Update and register catalogs to ensure all resources are current
- Keep all product literature and finishes stocked and organized
- Furniture Sample Inventory
- Update and maintain sample inventory records
- Arrange for sample repairs, transfers, and deliveries
- Administrative Support
- Keep track of stock and place orders for office supplies
- Assist in gathering resources, scheduling catering, etc. for rep sales meetings and trade shows
- Answer phone when needed
- Update and maintain ACT customer contact database
- Facilitate marketing emails and general mailings
- Showroom Manager Assistance
- Process and track warranty claims
- Assist with small quotes
- Fulfill literature requests
- Interact with clients for basic product inquiries
- Participate in company website updates and other social media marketing
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint, as well as a general comfort with computer troubleshooting and adapting to new programs and processes. Experience in CAP 2020 Worksheet/Giza, Sketchup, and other specification or design programs are not mandatory but would be a plus
- Motivation and ability to learn quickly and develop a working knowledge of our products
- Enthusiasm to engage with customers by phone and in person
- Ability to be self-directed in determining task priorities and anticipating needs to keep the office running smoothly
- High organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility in adapting and responding to unexpected circumstances in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and drive work van for occasional sample transfers
3650 Annapolis Lane N
Plymouth, MN 55447