The following opportunities have been posted by employers in the region served by the Northland chapter of IIDA. These postings have not been edited or verified. Contact the person listed for more information about a posting.
The IIDA Northland Chapter invites you to post your company's open positions on our site.
If you have a position open that you would like to post on our site, please send the information to Rick Schuster at firstname.lastname@example.org
The job postings on this page are text only - no graphics or logos, and will not contain linked documents such as PDFs or Word documents. We will link to your website or a specific web page if requested.
You may email the text in Word format, txt format, or simply text within an email message.
If your job opening fills, please let Rick know so that he can remove the posting from this page. We may remove postings after two months unless you ask us to keep them listed. Thank you.
Current Job Postings
Interstate Office Products
Posted 11-24-2015 – More information ▼
Interstate Office Products has an immediate opening for a talented, highly motivated, customer focused Interior Designer to join our team. Must be knowledgeable in the field of corporate solutions and passionate about the furniture and design industry. We are a growing, innovative commercial furniture dealership located in Sioux Falls, SD. The Interior Designer will work with our Sales & Design teams to create exceptional workplace solutions. Our client base includes healthcare, corporate, financial, higher education, industrial and government entities.
Required skills and experience:
- Professional degree in Interior Design from an accredited program
- Commercial furniture/dealership of 2+ years' experience a plus
- Advanced Computer Skills (AutoCAD, 3-D rendering programs, Microsoft Office)
- Experience with CET SmartTools/Canvas/Configura, CAP 2020, Project Matrix a plus
- Pursuit of certification supported: NCIDQ, LEED, EDAC
- Comfortable working on a team & interacting directly with clients
- Undertakes design challenges with a fresh approach
- Verbalizes design with imagination and creativity
- Able to deliver exceptional customer service on all interactions
- Communicates with enthusiasm, clear articulation and professionalism
- Able to work within deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Strong organizational & graphic skills with attention to detail
Interstate Office Products is a Steelcase Platinum Partner dealership offering a comprehensive benefits package including PTO, Holidays, Medical, Life, Disability Insurance, Flex Plan & 401(k) Plan.
commensurate with skills and experience.
Please forward résumé & portfolio electronically to:
Vice President of Sales & Design
Miller Dunwiddie Architecture
Posted 11-19-2015 – More information ▼
Miller Dunwiddie Architecture is an award-winning, full service architectural design practice based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Work at Miller Dunwiddie spans a broad range of project types including aviation, transportation, faith-based and education projects as well as being a recognized leader in historic preservation. (See our work at www.millerdunwiddie.com)
Miller Dunwiddie Architecture is seeking a talented and motivated Interior Designer with three to five years of professional experience to join our team. Successful candidates will work collaboratively to coordinate and design a full range of project types.
- Collaborate on multiple projects and project types from programming, through design and into construction.
- Provide finish plans, drawings and details to support a full set of construction documents.
- Implement furniture budgets and specifications for bidding.
- Work with product reps, furniture dealers and consultants to achieve project goals.
- Develop finish boards and presentation materials for clients.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in interior design
- CID in state of MN preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of professional interior design experience.
- Professional experience using Revit and Auto CAD.
- Experience in programming, space planning, conceptual design, design development, construction documentation and construction administration.
- Flexibility to work on multiple project types and sizes.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Sketch Up preferred.
- Excellent graphic and presentation skills.
All inquiries should be made through our Human Resources system. A link to their website can be found at www.millerdunwiddie.com under the Contact heading. Please submit the completed application form along with your resume and supporting documentation.
Miller Dunwiddie Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status or disability. If you need special accommodation responding to this ad, please call (612) 337-0000.
Business Development Manager
Posted 11-10-2015 – More information ▼
We are currently looking for a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER to work in the Minneapolis region.
We create great spaces and we create fulfilling career opportunities.
At Haworth, you'll find a place that since its inception has revolved around inspiration, originality, advancement, and the people who drive it. With a unique global perspective, a culture of great design, a ground-breaking approach to space, and an admiration and appreciation of the members whose cleverness and resourcefulness propel us forward, you'll find everything you are looking for in pursuing the journey of a fulfilling career. At Haworth, you are more than an employee; you are a valued member of our global family.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Business Development Manager builds and maintains a customer base by securing new business opportunities with existing, new and target (competitively-held) accounts for all existing Haworth product lines within the Minneapolis region. They also develop and implement focused plans that align with corporate goals and objectives to increase effectiveness, build market share, and achieve growth. This role reports into the Business Development Director and will works within a defined geographical territory in a collaborative team environment with several other Business Development Managers and A&D Market Managers.
Integral to Haworth's growth strategy is our ability to effectively communicate the value proposition of the Haworth brand. We're not just selling some desks and chairs, we're redefining the way interiors are designed, built and maintained over time, resulting in more efficient real estate utilization and contributing to a more effective and innovative workforce. In order accomplish this, the Business Development Manager will focus in these key areas on a day to day basis:
Networking and Prospecting
Integral to Haworth's growth strategy is our ability to effectively communicate the value proposition of the Haworth brand. We're not just selling some desks and chairs, we're redefining the way interiors are designed, built and maintained over time, resulting in more efficient real estate utilization and contributing to a more effective and innovative workforce. In order accomplish this, the Business Development Manager spends a significant part of their time:
- Networking, prospecting, and generating leads within the community and other key influencers in order to share the Haworth value proposition
- Hosting and attending industry events and lunch and learns as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the interior solutions space. Must feel comfortable speaking and presenting in front of others
- Prospecting to generate new business opportunities beyond dealer customer originated opportunities in an effort to expand market share
- Querying customers to learn of their needs and overall scope of projects; meets customer needs by identifying and proposing solutions that fit needs and expand business for Haworth.
Sales and Business Development
Like all companies, we wouldn't be in business if we didn't have any sales! The main focus of the Business Development Manager is to:
- Develop and implement business road maps to increase business and define/identify expansion opportunities
- Qualify opportunities in the region for business development and competitively-held business as viable targets to increase market share
- Negotiate through complex sales process with multiple client stakeholders and internal resources in order to reach a long-term and mutually beneficial business relationship
Haworth sells exclusively through an extensive global dealer network. The Business Development Manager will
- Build strong relationships with all dealers involved and clients within the region
- Collaborate with Dealer Representatives on strategy to increase market share
Our values are our DNA here at Haworth and we are proud of it! So, it's important to us as partners that our values align with yours because we strive to live these six values every day. We value our customers. We value our members. We value integrity. We value continuous learning. We value results. We value our world. The Business Development Manager will:
- Create and retain a positive and responsive image to the Haworth brand in the assigned market
- Enable our vision to "…partner to create beautiful, effective, and adaptable workspaces".
- Administrative functions as required i.e. keeping the CRM current to produce accurate dashboard and forecasting reports.
- Track and report weekly results for target, existing, and new client face-to-face meetings
- Continuously evaluate and identify performance gaps. Develop the action plan to improve performance and implement the plan to successfully meet goals and objectives.
In order to be successful as a Business Development Manager, applicants will be considered given the following criteria.
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Job seeker to be able to work in Minneapolis without relocation assistance
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, sales, marketing, communications, design, journalism, psychology, architecture, engineering, economics, public relations, project management, or international business, AND three years' experience with Business to Business sales, including three years' experience within the contract furniture or walls, flooring, carpeting, or lighting industries.
- Associate's degree in business, sales, marketing, communications, design, journalism, psychology, architecture, engineering, economics, public relations, project management, or international business, AND seven years' experience with Business to Business sales, including three years' experience within the contract furniture or walls, flooring, carpeting, or lighting industries.
- If no degree, must have eleven years' experience with Business to Business sales, including three years' experience within the contract furniture or walls, flooring, carpeting, or lighting industries
- Have demonstrated experience facilitating and leading collaborative meetings with key stakeholders/decision makers
- Proven ability to create, build, and maintain relationships with end-user customers, influencers, dealer customers, and sales team.
- Strong networking skills to mine out business opportunities with end-user customers
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Ability and willingness to travel away from "home" office 80% of the time, including overnight and international travel
- Experience in commercial interiors, contract furniture systems, commercial real estate and/or architectural workplace solutions.
HAWORTH - where global perspective and a unique design point of view come together beautifully to create Organic Workspace® solutions.
To apply for this job, and to learn more about the possibilities at Haworth, please visit our website at www.Haworth.com/Careers.
Posted 11-10-2015 – More information ▼
Prevolv is the number one Inscape dealer in North America, which we take pride in. We are a small company that engages in family based activities and monthly outings such as Patio Parties, Saint's games, and most recently the St. Paul Gangster Tour. In addition to our monthly activities, we organize a monthly company lunch to keep connected and review current projects and successes. We also love celebrating birthdays and enjoy a good cake. . . . often.
We are looking for someone with a background in furniture and specifications who is proactive and takes initiative within their role. Below are additional qualifications for a potential candidate:
- Works well with a team consisting of sales, project management and installation roles, and an understanding of their involvement
- Maintain the confidence and willingness to interact with customers of all levels and attend meetings when necessary
- Possess strong communication skills to effectively inform and convey information
- Time management and the ability to meet reasonable deadlines is imperative
- High attention to detail
- The ability to resolve challenges
- Select finishes for the customer and their surrounding environment that reflects their brand in a creative way
- Go above and beyond customer expectations to make their experience positive to encourage reoccurring business
- Be a part of ordering and organizing finishes for the finish library
- Project programming
- Verify site dimensions when necessary
- Populate plan and create bill of materials and specification for all product
- Develop and send special product requests to manufacturers to meet project needs and specifications
- Work closely with manufacturer representatives to ensure the furniture selection is appropriate and the best solution for the end user
- Generate 3D drawings and renderings to manage client expectations
- Review plan, typical and specifications for accuracy
- Assistance of finishes and coordination with overall design plan and aesthetics
- Develop detailed installation plans that are accurate and complete
- Review plan with installation team for a seamless execution during final stages of project
- Assist with the development of a punch list at the end of a project
- Attend lunch-and-learns for manufacturer updates and product application
- Microsoft Office Suite (Primarily Power Point and Excel)
- Adobe PDFs
- Cap 20/20 is a plus
Due to the nature of these job responsibilities, it is imperative that this position be available from 8am to 5pm throughout the work week. Specific issues will come up from time to time on some projects making it necessary to work outside of these normal hours. It is anticipated that this position will average around 40-45 hours during a normal work week.
We provide awesome benefits including 15 paid vacation days (increases 1 day every year), 10 paid holidays, health and dental insurance, long and short term disability with competitive compensation. Prevolv is set up for wireless connectivity and remote accessibility when needed. We are willing to work with specific scheduling needs, and allow flexibility in a case-by-case situation upon approval from management.
Interested? Please contact Ann Sickmann at email@example.com.
Fireside Office Solutions
Posted 11-5-2015 – More information ▼
Found in 1979, Fireside Office Solutions is a private locally owned company that continues to grow and evolve just like our customers. Fireside is a full service provider of office furniture, architectural, interior design, project management, installation services and technology products. Our Solutions help you connect to workspaces that work. You success is what makes us Love How You Work.
Fireside Office Solutions has an established presence in our community and western North Dakota and is known for having a passion on helping our customers create the right office environment.
Fireside is a leading Steelcase furniture dealership with an exciting opportunity for a qualified Interior Designer. For 36 years we have been offering design services to our customers.
We are looking for an Interior Designer/Sales. This individual responsibilities would include execution and coordination of commercial furniture design projects; coordinating all phases of design with the salesperson and customer. Other responsibilities include space planning, site measurement verification, code and regulation conformance, install drawings, work place audits, and survey audits. Fabric and finish selections, Create detailed furniture specifications, Check plans for accuracy and compliance with local codes/ADA requirements
Ideal Skill Sets:
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent Communications skills
- Comfortable and progress with technology
- Great team player
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative
- Degree in Interior Design, with 3-5 years of commercial design experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Dealership experience preferred and working knowledge of systems furniture
- CET Designer (3D rendering software) knowledge a plus
Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting office environment! We offer comprehensive retirement/health benefits, technology & work environment that promotes work mobility and competitive compensation.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit a resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CFS Interiors & Flooring
Commercial Interior Designer
Posted 10-29-2015 – More information ▼
CFS Interiors & Flooring is a full service commercial interiors and flooring dealership located in Eagan, MN. Our design department is seeking an experienced commercial interior designer to join our team. A primary focus of this position is to increase sales volume and profitability of CFS by offering design services to CFS clients as well as being a key resource to the A&D community. CFS Interiors & Flooring promotes and financially supports candidates who want to stay connected within the design industry through CEU's, industry organizations and seminars.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited interior design program
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Lead the interior design department at CFS
- Assist CFS sales team with design of projects, primarily remodel projects
- Knowledge in materials and furnishing requirements specific to healthcare and senior living markets
- Establish a strong working relationship with local designers and end users to build trust in the input and guidance for commercial flooring solutions
- Serve as a point person for developing strong vendor/mill rep relationships
- Generate specification of products produced by CFS Interiors and Flooring and any other products and services designated by CFS Interiors & Flooring management
- Assist CFS Interiors & Flooring's sales team with A&D contact is required to secure a project specification
- Develop working knowledge of potential new business/projects via lead sharing, lead service and frequent communication with design clients, end users and vendor partner representatives
- Create standards for and maintain a functional commercial flooring showroom in the CFS Interiors & Flooring's library/showroom
- Become certified to deliver CEU courses to designers and facility managers
- Encourage A&D to utilize CFS Interiors & Flooring complete flooring library as needed
- Attend local and regional industry tradeshows and conferences
- Join appropriate interior design/facility management trade groups and actively participate
- Time in the field generating business for CFS Interiors & Flooring
- Help coordinate customer events including golf events, sport entertainment suites and other functions
If you are interested in applying please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors
Client Coordinator (Project Lead) – Hospitality
Posted 10-26-2015 – More information ▼
Would you enjoy working on a highly collaborative team to deliver innovative design, procurement, and installation experiences to properties of one of the largest hotel companies in the world? Can you cultivate client and vendor relationships while managing complex hospitality projects from beginning to end? If so, then please consider applying to be part of our amazing team. Atmosphere Commercial Interiors (formerly Target Commercial Interiors) is currently seeking a Hospitality Client Coordinator to join their headquarters team in downtown Minneapolis.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors is one of the largest commercial furnishing providers in the country, creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients' needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning, and project management services.
At Atmosphere we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients and constantly striving to provide the best possible work environment for our team members.
Primary Job Functions
Provide operational project support for hotel owners to procure furniture, fixtures, operational supplies, and equipment for their properties. Drive brand consistency, build strong customer relationships, and deliver a great experience through the project process. Coordinate and manage client orders and projects as a subject matter expert for hotel designs and specifications beginning with budgetary exercises through the project installation phase. Utilize proprietary order systems and Microsoft Excel to build budgets, enter quotes, and place orders with a high level of accuracy. Consistently communicate on-going order status, progress, and issues with team and client. Respond promptly and accurately to clients' daily requests for service and questions. Act as a resource to the team, gathering information, solving problems, and communicating with the Project Team, Vendors, Service Provider and other internal and external partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately create quotes and orders for standard and non-standard client requests.
- Coordinate and manage client orders to meet timing and delivery expectations
- Review vendor acknowledgments to Atmosphere orders. Identify and resolve discrepancies to ensure accurate and timely receipt of client product
- Monitor and expedite just-in-time shipping dates to meet client requirements. Interface with vendors and shippers to resolve problems, claims, or shortages
- Utilize proprietary order systems to monitor and manage orders including Dashboard and Internal Status Reports
- Consistently communicate on-going order status, progress and issues with team and client. Prepare and update customer order status reports based on client request or requirements
- Investigate to resolve vendor and client invoice discrepancies in order to ensure the receipt of timely customer payments. Submit client invoices per client requirements if applicable
- Partner with project team to document, research and resolve delivery and installation punch list issues. Enter orders for parts and product required
- Act as a resource to the project team, gathering information, solving problems and communicating with vendors and other teams
- Participate in project meetings as required based on size, scope and complexity
- Act as a resource for corporate initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
OTHER KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
(Due to the unique nature of this position and the services provided by this team, these additional duties and responsibilities are often required)
- Accurately budget, quote, and order furniture, fixtures, operating supplies, and equipment for hotel owners and franchisees
- Develop subject matter expertise in the hotel brands and designs
- Build and grow long term client relationships to drive repeat business
- Lead project kick-off conference calls and own client, designer, and contractor relationships
- Engage design and installation partners for service proposals
- Attend tradeshows and conferences as necessary to market our procurement services and build client relationships
- Manages Execution- must be highly detailed, accurate, and possess strong organizational skills. Ability to manage resources and time to get work down quickly and accurately.
- Solves Problems - strong problem solving skills and ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Is Resilient and Adaptable- open to new experiences to develop skills and ability to work in a fast paced, continuously evolving role.
- Communicates Effectively – ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, team members and vendor partners. Consistently keep key partners and clients up to date. Ability to partner with both our vendors and clients in order to achieve results.
- Commitment to exemplary customer service
- 4 year degree
- 2+ years experience in client support role
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Commercial Furniture Industry experience
- Hospitality Industry experience
- Project Coordination and/or Procurement experience
- Experience with Hedberg business system
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Myra Basar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bertelson One Source
Commercial Interior Designer
Posted 10-9-2015 – More information ▼
Bertelson One Source – Minneapolis, MN
Our growing 110 year old firm has a full-time position available for a Commercial Interior Designer. We are seeking a hardworking and highly organized individual to provide interior design, general project coordination and administrative support. Candidates must have a degree in Interior Design but we do not require prior experience. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A degree in Interior Design with an interest in commercial interiors
- Proficiency in CAD and the MS Office Suite of programs
- Willingness to learn Graphics Programs and help our Graphic Design Team as part of a cross functional team.
- Knowledge of Commercial Furniture Manufacturers including Systems Furniture, Case goods and Educational environments a plus
- Proficiency in production of working drawings: furniture plans, finish, floor and wall treatment schedules, interior elevations etc.
- Proficiency in production and presentation of materials including product specifications, floor plans color/finish boards & Power Point presentations
- Ability to handle multiple design projects, daily tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work closely with our Customers, Furniture Sales Specialist and Operations Team
Your Duties will include
- Creating furniture plans, 3D views and color selections
- Obtaining samples, researching and preparing quotations
- Ordering products and other general project support tasks
- Confirming with customers their product orders to assure satisfaction.
- Assisting Graphic Design Department as needed.
- Periodic local travel to vendors and client sites for presentations.
- Enforces company policy and perform our furniture processes to assure customer satisfaction
We offer a competitive and attractive compensation package that includes:
- Weekly Salary
- Profit Sharing and generous 401k match
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
This entry level position is the first step toward advancement in a company that has a tradition of "promoting from within." When making hiring decisions we evaluate not only the candidates fit for the current job but also their ability to grow and advance within our organization.
Upload your resume to our site www.be1source.com/index.php/employment-opportunity or email it to email@example.com (emailed resumes cannot be bigger then 10MB).
Leo A Daly
Posted 10-7-2015 – More information ▼
Established in 1915, Leo A Daly is an internationally renowned architecture, planning, engineering, interior design and program management firm. Our portfolio includes award-winning projects in 77 countries, all 50 states, and the District of Columbia. The firm currently employs approximately 800 architects, planners, engineers and interior designers in 30 offices worldwide. It consistently ranks in the top largest architecture/engineering and interior design firms in the US, and is listed in BD World Architecture's top 25 global practices.
This position will collaborate with a multi-disciplined team of Architects and Engineers and be responsible for assisting interior design leadership for multiple projects that may be scheduled concurrently to produce high quality interior design projects.
- Within the team context, assists with design efforts, design presentation, development, and/or construction contract documentation.
- Applies all appropriate techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out assignments.
- Participates in the design process
- Assists in the development and documentation of a project.
- Develops greater understanding of the other disciplines within the firm.
- Works to acquire new technical expertise to enhance their capabilities.
- Shares expertise with others.
- Pursues relevant registration in a timely manner.
- Completes work assignments with a high degree of quality, yet with regard to time and budget constraints.
- Demonstrates initiative in professional development.
- Takes responsibility for and checks own work.
- Technical requirements include high level competency in use of design and production software (i.e., AutoCAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch Up, etc.) and knowledge of MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is also required.
- Proficiency in Revit.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with individuals throughout the organization and requires a strong team-oriented approach, as well as excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with project personnel
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to be highly creative and bring abstract ideas into sustainable design
- Exhibit an enthusiastic and adaptable attitude
Education and License Requirements:
- The position requires a degree in Interior Design or Architecture with a minimum of 3 years' experience.
- Certified Interior Designer (CID) and LEED accreditation is a plus.
Leo A Daly Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Leo A Daly Company, is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 402-391-8111. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law
Please apply online at http://www.leoadaly.com/careers/
The Furniture Source
Commercial Office Furniture Interior Design Intern
Posted 10-7-2015 – More information ▼
This is a part-time (15-20 hours per week) paid internship. Must be available weekdays during regular business hours. As a design intern for The Furniture Source, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and gain practical experience in a professional atmosphere.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with design staff to design and prepare design documents including space plans, furniture typicals, furniture plans, finish selections, install documents, 3D views and photorealistic renderings
- Research, acquisition and organization of product content for company website revamp and social media presence.
- Preparation of sales support documents including product specification, pricing quotes and marketing presentations.
- Use of AutoCAD, CAP 20/20 Studio Furniture Specification Software, CET Visual Impression Rendering Software, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Organization and maintenance of design finish and marketing materials library.
- Applicant should be strong at multitasking, collaborating and highly organized.
- Knowledge of current local codes and ADA requirements pertaining to furniture and space planning.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite.
Interested candidates who meet these qualifications can submit a resume & cover letter to Troy Ehrman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gabberts of Little Canada
Part-time Designer Opportunities
Posted 10-2-2015 – More information ▼
Are you interested in a steady flow of design call opportunities? Looking for a part-time schedule to accommodate family, education, or personal obligations? Gabberts of Little Canada is seeking Associate Designers and Design Consultants. Associate Designers are established Designers with a Design Degree and ASID affiliation is preferred. Design Consultants are usually recent graduates or students nearing graduation who have less hands-on experience. We have a constant flow of clients in need of design assistance and are seeking talented and friendly designers to join our team. This could be a great opportunity for someone nearing retirement who wants to transition to working less hours or extend employment for a few years or a parent ready to reenter the design world. Whatever your situation, if you are a talented designer, we will work with you on a schedule that makes sense. We want each of our clients to have an exceptional shopping experience...if you are passionate about design and assisting people in their quest for the perfect room….we want you!
While we are busiest on the weekends, we also believe in a work-life balance. Part-time designers have the option of having every Saturday or Sunday off; having every/other weekend off; or working both weekend days, if preferred. Schedules are 20-25 hours per week. Unlike many retail environments, we do have set schedules so you can plan your life accordingly and your clients will know when you are available.
We offer a competitive compensation package and part-timers are eligible for our 401k after one year of service. Since Gabberts is part of the HOM Furniture team, you also have access to selling all of the products that HOM has to offer...so you can meet the need of every client. Anything you need will be at your fingertips.
If you are interested, please contact Anita Pratt at 651-634-6700 to learn more about career opportunities with Gabberts or email Gabbertscareers@gabberts.com.
Posted 10-2-2015 – More information ▼
Intereum, located in Plymouth, is Minnesota's sole certified Herman Miller dealer. We deliver environments that inspire work, learning and healing by designing, furnishing and equipping interior spaces to businesses. What sets us apart is our team of awesome and hard-working individuals, along with a dedication to being best-in-class for service in our industry. For the second year in a row, we were voted by our employees to Star Tribune's Top Workplaces.
We seek an entry level or experienced interior designer to join our corporate and education design team. This highly detailed and fast paced position is an excellent opportunity for a designer that excels with accuracy, attention to detail and complexity in a dynamic environment. Day to day our designers work with our sales team and clients to generate proposals, detailed floor plans and product specifications. Specific duties include:
- Work with clients and sales team to define project goals and objectives
- Gather project scope of work, schedule and budget
- Evaluate furniture options thru block plans and typicals
- Create furniture 3D drawings and renderings
- Create overall furniture floor plans, shop drawings and final specifications
- Prepare installation documents
- Review and ensure all specifications and plans are accurate for order entry
- Maintain accurate project documentation and timesheets
- Assist in final project walk thru / punch list
Qualified candidates are experienced commercial furniture designers or recent interior design school graduates. We require intermediate to advanced AutoCAD and Revit skills. Our highly productive team of designers share qualities that include: initiative, responsive communication, customer focus, teamwork and excellent time management skills. This collaborative position combines technical design with internal and external client management, requiring polished communication skills in managing expectations.
Intereum offers an employee-focused workplace, hosting monthly all-employee get-togethers and quarterly outings. Our philosophy toward continuous improvement and an engaged leadership style, that encourages creativity and empowerment, make an enviable environment that is poised for continued growth. We offer a competitive industry salary and full benefits. Interested applicants please forward your resume to our hiring resource, Red Seat. Red Seat is not a recruiter or employment agency but a contract HR company assisting us in the hiring process. Forward resumes to: email@example.com. For more info, call Red Seat direct at (651)-317-9211. We will confirm receipt of your resume within two business days.
Intereum is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Intereum is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Horty Elving, a Wold Company
Senior Interior Designer - Healthcare
Posted 9-25-2015 – More information ▼
Horty Elving, a Wold Company is a leading architectural, engineering and planning firm with an excellent opportunity for a talented, creative and innovative interior designer with a passion for healthcare design to join its Minneapolis office.
In this position, you will collaborate with and be an integral part of the architectural team, leading the development of the Interior Design efforts for Healthcare projects. This includes performing all phases of the interior design process from programming and conceptual design development through to construction administration; assisting and participating in data gathering, visioning and implementation of the patient experience.
Qualified candidates will be:
- Bachelors' or Masters' degree from an accredited Interior Design program required
- 8-15 years of experience in healthcare environments, NCIDQ certified is a plus
- LEED accreditation is encouraged
- Fluent knowledge of CADD, Revit, SketchUp, Rhino, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, 3DS Max, Microsoft Office and/or other related B.I.M. technology is a plus.
Horty Elving, a Wold Company is both team-oriented and employee-friendly and social activities are integrated into our office culture. We offer challenge, recognition and personal visibility with an opportunity to be part of some great projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with Architectural team to develop the interior design direction, translating complex programming requirements into schematic design while developing detailed concepts focusing on the patient experience in areas relating to healthcare, senior environments and hospitality.
- Researches materials and concepts to advise and direct design team on technical issues influencing interior design concept development.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively and professionally with multidisciplinary team members
- Utilizes past knowledge and experience to enhance the quality of design.
- Coordinates the design work of others and ensure integrated and cohesive design.
- Works within project schedules to prioritize tasks and coordinate the completion of documentation required from initial design phase through final project completion.
- Reviews material submittals and conduct on-site observations.
- Coordinates interior design data gathering and document preparation.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES) REQUIRED:
- Interior design concepts, materials and furnishings requirements specific to healthcare, senior environments and hospitality projects – includes concepts, practices, standards and principles
- Thorough understanding of the technical process for large-scale interiors projects with a specific emphasis in the healthcare, senior environments and hospitality sector as defined by the firm.
- Building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
- Applicable codes (city, state, federal)
- Finish materials, FF&E selection and specification, interior design components for millwork/casework and construction detailing.
- Excellent graphic skills in order to develop high quality concept sketches and renderings.
- Excellent technical, graphic and communication skills
Candidates should email their resume, cover letter and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Associate Art Consultant
Posted 9-18-2015 – More information ▼
Business Title: Associate Art Consultant
Hiring Location(s): Minneapolis, MN
Job Category: Full time (32 to 40+ hours per week)
Hire Type: Hourly rate of pay with potential for incentive
Excellent opportunity for the right candidate to work in the art/design field and be part of an entrepreneurial creative team!
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in Art History, Fine Arts, Design, Architecture or a similar field and previous customer service and project management experience. Candidates must possess great organizational and project skills as you support the art consulting team and complete creative solutions projects that align with the clients' image and objectives. We are looking for candidates that have a strong desire to expand their knowledge base and consulting skills in the art/design field. This is an entry level position that will evolve into a Sales position. Experience with and being active in social media/networking/marketing is strongly preferred, as are demonstrated computer skills. Ideal candidates will also have the ability to multi-task and handle multiple/competing demands and help the team meet our goals as well as our client's goals.
Art Force is an emerging growth venture based in the NE Minneapolis Arts District and is the #1 arts based employer. Since inception in September 2009 we have delivered more than 25,000 pieces of artwork to hundreds of institutional clients in 40 states. We would love to have you on our team!
Please send a resume and cover letter to Art Force, Attn: Sharon Gray or email your cover letter/resume to email@example.com Attn: Sharon Gray
Visit our website at www.artforce.org
Archimea Interior Design Services, Inc.
Posted 9-15-2015 – More information ▼
Archimea Interior Design Services, Inc. is currently looking for a CADD Technician to join our team. We are a small and energetic interior design firm focusing on commercial tenant improvement projects and are looking for the following:
WORK TO BE PERFORMED:
- Support a Project Manager on several projects at a time and occasionally work directly with a client
- Utilize knowledge of construction techniques
- Develop and draft Space Plans and Construction Drawings
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Architectural Technology degree
- 5 - 7 years of experience in an architectural or commercial interior design business
- Understanding and working knowledge of building codes
- Personality: consistent with a small team environment, detail oriented, highly motivated, quality driven,
service oriented, professional
- A flexible hourly position based on 3 or 4 days per week to achieve a work/life balance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing.
Please apply with an email response to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies please.
Business Development Manager
Posted 8-26-2015 – More information ▼
Parameters is seeking a candidate that is a strong sales-driven professional who understands the customer and will spend the majority of their time developing strategic customer relationships and growing the sales funnel.
You will be responsible to develop, and grow sales revenues in the our market place. Principle responsibilities include generating sales revenues to ensure consistent year-over-year sales growth.
The person in this position will collaborate closely with other company personnel to accomplish personal and company revenue targets.
General Job Description
- Develop annual selling objectives in conjunction with the overall company's sales plan to enhance sales growth, overall account penetration and development of the market.
- Identify and interpret customer requirements to best match Parameter's product portfolio viability.
- Meet and communicate regularly with Partners to review accounts and progress toward monthly, quarterly and annual sales target.
- Report regularly on sales forecasts, new market and product opportunities and competitive threats.
- Keep informed of significant market and industry trends, and competitive positioning in relation to these trends.
- Pursue new market opportunities and ways to improve sales profitability by exploiting competitor weaknesses. Identify new and innovative approaches to selling Parameters portfolio of products and services.
- Create and manage key customers, buying influencers and manufacturer representative's relationships.
- Continue developing a sound working knowledge of all present and future Parameter's products and services within the portfolio and their application to various vertical markets and segments
- Manage expense allowances in alignment with achieving the greatest return on time and investment for the company.
- Attend industry related events, trade shows, applicable associations and manufacturer events.
- Work with marketing and internal project teams to develop account strategies to win.
- Transition new accounts to Account Managers.
Key Reporting/Working Relationships:
- Position reports to David Haines and Lauri Bolin
- Works with project teams, including Account Managers, Account Coordinators, Marketing, Design and Installation.
Key Results Expected:
- Meet or exceed target sales quota to be reviewed on an annual basis.
- Increase Parameters visibility in the market place.
- High customer and team satisfaction.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Requires at least five years' experience in business development, marketing or communication.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed, with the ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Builds constructive and effective relationships with customers and coworkers.
- Committed to meeting customer needs in a timely and accurate manner.
- Listens actively and attentively.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Customer Service
- Dependability & Adaptability
- Job Knowledge and Skill Application
- Teamwork and Leadership
- Sales Revenue
Send resumes to David Haines at email@example.com