The following opportunities have been posted by employers in the region served by the Northland chapter of IIDA. These postings have not been edited or verified. Contact the person listed for more information about a posting.
The IIDA Northland Chapter invites you to post your company's open positions on our site.
If you have a position open that you would like to post on our site, please send the information to Rick Schuster at email@example.com
The job postings on this page are text only - no graphics or logos, and will not contain linked documents such as PDFs or Word documents. We will link to your website or a specific web page if requested.
You may email the text in Word format, txt format, or simply text within an email message.
If your job opening fills, please let Rick know so that he can remove the posting from this page. We may remove postings after two months unless you ask us to keep them listed. Thank you.
Current Job Postings
Posted 12-16-2014 – More information ▼
HDR is architecture, interiors, engineering and consulting firm that excels at complex projects and solving challenges for clients.
More than 8,500 professionals, including architects, interior designers, engineers, consultants, scientists, planners and construction managers, in over 200 locations worldwide, pool their solutions beyond the scope of traditional A/E/C firms.
The primary duties of the Interior Designer will include interior design for projects. Preference towards a strong design portfolio, great client presentation skills, creative design process and ability to help with business development. Must have the ability to develop functional requirements and project design complexities. Requires substantial knowledge of interior design and planning principles, building and planning code requirements, specification preparation and organization, construction costs and methods and contract preparation and negotiation. Experienced in selecting interior details, materials, color selections, furniture and furnishings selections, lighting design, space planning, and detailing. Assignments have specified objectives and require the investigation of many alternatives. Works with clients on projects of any size. Requires the ability to direct work efforts of others, develop detailed design concepts, product contract documents, interpret ordinances, and interpret client needs. Writes specifications covering interior design matters and performs code reviews. Coordinates work with other disciplines. May be assisted by other Interior Designers or technicians and is responsible for work in all phases of the Interior design process. *LI-MS1
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Interior Architecture, Interior Design or related field.
- 3+ years experience.
- Strong portfolio of professional work and presentation skills preferred.
- Must be very Proficient in REVIT, Sketchup and Photoshop.
- Ability and interest in business development for new clients (Probably a better way to word this)
- Strong oral and written communication skills and experience working on large project teams.
- Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED desired but not required.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative atmosphere.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Preference given to local candidates.
To apply please visit the link below:
Of go to our website (www.hdrinc.com/careers) and reference job number 137603
Posted 11-24-2014 – More information ▼
Seeking an Interior Design student or recent grad to work in a Twin Cities office furniture dealership.
Responsibilities to include:
- Organizing and Straightening the library
- Creating design/finish boards for projects
- Working with teams to help prepare for client presentations and RFP responses
- Pull fabrics/finishes and prepare color palettes for designers and sales
- Research product lines to pull literature for designers and sales
- Learn about systems furniture including AutoCAD and specification process by shadowing and assisting designers
- Attend Manufacture Representative presentations
Company Description: Henricksen is a full-service commercial furniture dealership that represents more than 200 manufacturers of quality contract furniture, flooring, lighting and related products. For 52 years, we have provided our clients a full spectrum of office furniture solutions ranging from a single chair to furnishing an entire new facility. We will exceed your expectations no matter what your needs.
We work with companies large and small in all markets including corporate, hospitality, legal, financial, education, healthcare, and senior living.
Henricksen has seven locations throughout the United States, including our corporate headquarters in Itasca, IL; Chicago, IL; Peoria, IL; Madison, WI; Milwaukee, WI; Minneapolis, MN; and New York, NY.
Interested candidates should email Wanda at firstname.lastname@example.org
Target Commercial Interiors
Posted 11-5-2014 – More information ▼
Target Commercial Interiors has two full time Interior Design positions available in our Minneapolis office. We are seeking individuals who are creative, self-motivated and enjoy working in a collaborative environment. TCI is open to various experience levels, however, candidates should have a minimum of three years industry experience. Position requirements include the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design from an accredited school.
- Knowledge of furniture and furniture specifications, materials and finishes.
- Proficient at leading customer interactions to determine space needs, functional requirements, image considerations and budget.
- Develop creative solutions to address customer needs.
- Provide creative visual materials to illustrate ideas.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills to communicate solutions.
- Proficient at AutoCAD and open to learning new drawing and specification software specific to the furniture industry.
For consideration please send resume to email@example.com
To learn more about Target Commercial Interiors visit our website at www.targetcommercialinteriors.com
Interior Project Captain
Posted 11-5-2014 – More information ▼
We are currently seeking an Interior Project Captain to support our architecture and design teams Minneapolis, MN with commercial tenant development projects. The Job Captain will participate as a member of the project team in all aspects of preparing complete and comprehensive architectural construction drawings and specifications and coordinate the documents with project consultants and contractors.
- Participate in the design phase activities of by providing expertise in detail development
- Organize and prepare all construction drawings and specifications
- Participate in all construction phase activities
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the standards libraries including CAD standards and procedures
- Conduct existing conditions surveys and prepare architectural base plans, sections, elevations and details as appropriate to document relevant conditions
- Review applicable building and accessibility codes and develop a list of criteria to be reflected in the design documents
- Assist the design team by researching products and systems that accomplish the design intent
- Prepare construction documents including, but not limited to: demolition plans; partition plans; reflected ceiling plans; telephone/electric/data plans; finish plans; large scale details plans; sections and elevations; detail drawings for millwork and cabinetry; schedules for doors, frames, hardware, architectural finishes and partition types; and construction specifications for all material, finish and product selections
- Review both NELSON and consultant documents, conferring with the Studio Manager, and the Project Manager as needed, to ensure consistency with both NELSON project and quality standards, accomplish the design intent, and code compliance
- Prepare bidding documents, general conditions and supplemental conditions that are part of the contract documents
- Prepare and issue addenda as required
- Associates' degree in Architecture or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in Architecture
- High proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit software
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
- Familiarity with Photoshop, rendering software.
- LEED AP a plus, but not required.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Posted 11-5-2014 – More information ▼
Position Description: RECEPTIONIST
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
Status: Full Time, Hourly
Shea is a marketing-based design firm that creates consumer experiences by using an integration of brand development, architecture, interior design, and graphic communications. Shea specializes in the areas of restaurant/hospitality, retail and corporate office developing creative business strategies that use every consumer touch point. Our award winning work provides real business results for clients and has built our reputation for smart creativity.
If the qualities below sound like you, we want you to work here.
You're like us - you create experiences. You like to smile, greet, host, assist and make people's day better than it was before they met you. As the face of Shea, you're responsible for creating those first experiences, greeting our clients, guests, partners and vendors as they arrive to the premier design firm in Minneapolis. Our front desk and reception and conference area is your domain, and you take pride in that. You work with the entire firm performing various administrative tasks, manage the calendar of our owner, keep our office in smooth running order. Typing, filing, answering phones, and ultimately holding down the fort is a breeze for you because your organizational skills are top-notch. Furthermore, our team knows they can depend on you to know the inner pulse of Shea, our projects and our teams. It's fast, it's eventful, the creative juices are in constant flow, but that's your style. And we want you to work for us.
- Open and close office.
- Answering multi-line phone.
- Greet Clients, staff, and vendors.
- Assist Marketing, Accounting, Executives, Interiors, Architects and Designers in whatever may be needed (typing, filing, correspondence, etc.).
- Incoming/outgoing post and packages.
- Ordering and tracking office supplies.
- Filing and archiving of hard copy and electronic documents.
- Calendar coordination.
- Maintain company databases.
High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum two years' experience in related industry. Position must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Attention to detail and accuracy required.
Nevers Industries, Inc.
National Sales Director
Posted 11-4-2014 – More information ▼
Nevers Industries, Inc. is looking for a National Sales Director who will be responsible for leading and coordinating the Sales Department activities with tasks including establishing a sales plan/budget, directing the internal sales team, managing relationships with the external sales representatives and assisting with all sales department activities. This person will reside in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area (as he or she will office in the Plymouth facility) and must be willing to travel up to 50-75% of the time. Additional details available at http://www.mfrall.com/postings/10078. Qualified applicants should email their resume to NHumanResources@Nevers.com or fax it to 763-551-9334. Please include a cover letter and the pay range desired.
Fireside Hearth & Home
Showroom Sales Consultant
Posted 10-29-2014 – More information ▼
Sales - Showroom Sales Consultant
Fireside Hearth & Home is a member of the Hearth & Home Technologies (HHT) family of brands. HHT is the world's leading developer, producer and installer of hearth products. The company offers a product line unsurpassed in breadth, including a full array of gas, electric, pellet and wood burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, mantels and more. We carry the industry's best and most recognized brands, including: Harman™, Heat & Glo®, Heatilator®, Quadra-Fire®, Outdoor Lifestyles and Fireside Hearth & Home retail stores and builder design centers.
As a Showroom Sales Consultant you will:
Work in one of our metro area gorgeous Fireplace showroom locations as a member of our team of Hearth experts. Use your love of design and remodeling with a touch of technical understanding and project management to bring beautiful fireplaces into the homes of consumers. This is an opportunity to let your consultative sales skills shine by delivering a legacy sales and customer service experience!
- Develop in-depth customer relationships as a trusted and knowledgeable Hearth Expert.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of fireplace and hearth products and installation process to facilitate product recommendations and solutions for our consumers.
- Work with customers throughout the buying cycle using a structured and professional Sales Process.
- Respond to internal & external customer inquiries in a prompt and professional manor.
What's in it for you?
Fireside offers paid training for our base plus commission position along with great benefits including medical & dental benefits, 401K with match, and a profit sharing program for our members. The individual selected for the Showroom Sales Consultant role will become part of a stable organization with a rich history. This position offers an opportunity for ongoing learning, future career opportunities, and growth and development within Hearth & Home Technologies and HNI Corporation.
Individuals considered for this role will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in sales, business administration, marketing or a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years successful sales experience.
- Strong sense of interior design
- Experience within the residential construction industry, building materials, appliance installation or retail is highly desired.
- Ability to lift 50lbs. with assistance
- Flexibility to work Retail Showroom hours.
- MSOffice experience
We're growing and opportunities exist in several Minneapolis, St. Paul, MN suburban locations including - Eagan, Roseville, Eden Prairie, Maple Grove, Plymouth and our soon to be opened store in Woodbury, MN.
Hearth & Home Technologies is a subsidiary of HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI). HNI is the second-largest office furniture manufacturer in the world, and the leading manufacturer and marketer of gas and biomass-fueled appliances and hearth products. The company has been recognized by Forbes and Fortune magazine as a top company to work for in the U.S.A.
http://www.hnicareers.com/JobDetails.aspx?ID=19614 - Eagan
http://www.hnicareers.com/JobDetails.aspx?ID=19613 - Roseville
http://www.hnicareers.com/JobDetails.aspx?ID=19447 - Minnetonka
– OR Contact: