The following opportunities have been posted by employers in the region served by the Northland chapter of IIDA. These postings have not been edited or verified. Contact the person listed for more information about a posting.
The IIDA Northland Chapter invites you to post your company's open positions on our site.
If you have a position open that you would like to post on our site, please send the information to Rick Schuster at firstname.lastname@example.org
The job postings on this page are text only - no graphics or logos, and will not contain linked documents such as PDFs or Word documents. We will link to your website or a specific web page if requested.
You may email the text in Word format, txt format, or simply text within an email message.
If your job opening fills, please let Rick know so that he can remove the posting from this page. We may remove postings after two months unless you ask us to keep them listed. Thank you.
Current Job Postings
Posted 11-24-2014 – More information ▼
Seeking an Interior Design student or recent grad to work in a Twin Cities office furniture dealership.
Responsibilities to include:
- Organizing and Straightening the library
- Creating design/finish boards for projects
- Working with teams to help prepare for client presentations and RFP responses
- Pull fabrics/finishes and prepare color palettes for designers and sales
- Research product lines to pull literature for designers and sales
- Learn about systems furniture including AutoCAD and specification process by shadowing and assisting designers
- Attend Manufacture Representative presentations
Company Description: Henricksen is a full-service commercial furniture dealership that represents more than 200 manufacturers of quality contract furniture, flooring, lighting and related products. For 52 years, we have provided our clients a full spectrum of office furniture solutions ranging from a single chair to furnishing an entire new facility. We will exceed your expectations no matter what your needs.
We work with companies large and small in all markets including corporate, hospitality, legal, financial, education, healthcare, and senior living.
Henricksen has seven locations throughout the United States, including our corporate headquarters in Itasca, IL; Chicago, IL; Peoria, IL; Madison, WI; Milwaukee, WI; Minneapolis, MN; and New York, NY.
Interested candidates should email Wanda at email@example.com
Target Commercial Interiors
Posted 11-5-2014 – More information ▼
Target Commercial Interiors has two full time Interior Design positions available in our Minneapolis office. We are seeking individuals who are creative, self-motivated and enjoy working in a collaborative environment. TCI is open to various experience levels, however, candidates should have a minimum of three years industry experience. Position requirements include the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design from an accredited school.
- Knowledge of furniture and furniture specifications, materials and finishes.
- Proficient at leading customer interactions to determine space needs, functional requirements, image considerations and budget.
- Develop creative solutions to address customer needs.
- Provide creative visual materials to illustrate ideas.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills to communicate solutions.
- Proficient at AutoCAD and open to learning new drawing and specification software specific to the furniture industry.
For consideration please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Target Commercial Interiors visit our website at www.targetcommercialinteriors.com
Interior Project Captain
Posted 11-5-2014 – More information ▼
We are currently seeking an Interior Project Captain to support our architecture and design teams Minneapolis, MN with commercial tenant development projects. The Job Captain will participate as a member of the project team in all aspects of preparing complete and comprehensive architectural construction drawings and specifications and coordinate the documents with project consultants and contractors.
- Participate in the design phase activities of by providing expertise in detail development
- Organize and prepare all construction drawings and specifications
- Participate in all construction phase activities
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the standards libraries including CAD standards and procedures
- Conduct existing conditions surveys and prepare architectural base plans, sections, elevations and details as appropriate to document relevant conditions
- Review applicable building and accessibility codes and develop a list of criteria to be reflected in the design documents
- Assist the design team by researching products and systems that accomplish the design intent
- Prepare construction documents including, but not limited to: demolition plans; partition plans; reflected ceiling plans; telephone/electric/data plans; finish plans; large scale details plans; sections and elevations; detail drawings for millwork and cabinetry; schedules for doors, frames, hardware, architectural finishes and partition types; and construction specifications for all material, finish and product selections
- Review both NELSON and consultant documents, conferring with the Studio Manager, and the Project Manager as needed, to ensure consistency with both NELSON project and quality standards, accomplish the design intent, and code compliance
- Prepare bidding documents, general conditions and supplemental conditions that are part of the contract documents
- Prepare and issue addenda as required
- Associates' degree in Architecture or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in Architecture
- High proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit software
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
- Familiarity with Photoshop, rendering software.
- LEED AP a plus, but not required.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Posted 11-5-2014 – More information ▼
Position Description: RECEPTIONIST
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
Status: Full Time, Hourly
Shea is a marketing-based design firm that creates consumer experiences by using an integration of brand development, architecture, interior design, and graphic communications. Shea specializes in the areas of restaurant/hospitality, retail and corporate office developing creative business strategies that use every consumer touch point. Our award winning work provides real business results for clients and has built our reputation for smart creativity.
If the qualities below sound like you, we want you to work here.
You're like us - you create experiences. You like to smile, greet, host, assist and make people's day better than it was before they met you. As the face of Shea, you're responsible for creating those first experiences, greeting our clients, guests, partners and vendors as they arrive to the premier design firm in Minneapolis. Our front desk and reception and conference area is your domain, and you take pride in that. You work with the entire firm performing various administrative tasks, manage the calendar of our owner, keep our office in smooth running order. Typing, filing, answering phones, and ultimately holding down the fort is a breeze for you because your organizational skills are top-notch. Furthermore, our team knows they can depend on you to know the inner pulse of Shea, our projects and our teams. It's fast, it's eventful, the creative juices are in constant flow, but that's your style. And we want you to work for us.
- Open and close office.
- Answering multi-line phone.
- Greet Clients, staff, and vendors.
- Assist Marketing, Accounting, Executives, Interiors, Architects and Designers in whatever may be needed (typing, filing, correspondence, etc.).
- Incoming/outgoing post and packages.
- Ordering and tracking office supplies.
- Filing and archiving of hard copy and electronic documents.
- Calendar coordination.
- Maintain company databases.
High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum two years' experience in related industry. Position must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Attention to detail and accuracy required.
Nevers Industries, Inc.
National Sales Director
Posted 11-4-2014 – More information ▼
Nevers Industries, Inc. is looking for a National Sales Director who will be responsible for leading and coordinating the Sales Department activities with tasks including establishing a sales plan/budget, directing the internal sales team, managing relationships with the external sales representatives and assisting with all sales department activities. This person will reside in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area (as he or she will office in the Plymouth facility) and must be willing to travel up to 50-75% of the time. Additional details available at http://www.mfrall.com/postings/10078. Qualified applicants should email their resume to NHumanResources@Nevers.com or fax it to 763-551-9334. Please include a cover letter and the pay range desired.
Fireside Hearth & Home
Showroom Sales Consultant
Posted 10-29-2014 – More information ▼
Sales - Showroom Sales Consultant
Fireside Hearth & Home is a member of the Hearth & Home Technologies (HHT) family of brands. HHT is the world's leading developer, producer and installer of hearth products. The company offers a product line unsurpassed in breadth, including a full array of gas, electric, pellet and wood burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, mantels and more. We carry the industry's best and most recognized brands, including: Harman™, Heat & Glo®, Heatilator®, Quadra-Fire®, Outdoor Lifestyles and Fireside Hearth & Home retail stores and builder design centers.
As a Showroom Sales Consultant you will:
Work in one of our metro area gorgeous Fireplace showroom locations as a member of our team of Hearth experts. Use your love of design and remodeling with a touch of technical understanding and project management to bring beautiful fireplaces into the homes of consumers. This is an opportunity to let your consultative sales skills shine by delivering a legacy sales and customer service experience!
- Develop in-depth customer relationships as a trusted and knowledgeable Hearth Expert.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of fireplace and hearth products and installation process to facilitate product recommendations and solutions for our consumers.
- Work with customers throughout the buying cycle using a structured and professional Sales Process.
- Respond to internal & external customer inquiries in a prompt and professional manor.
What's in it for you?
Fireside offers paid training for our base plus commission position along with great benefits including medical & dental benefits, 401K with match, and a profit sharing program for our members. The individual selected for the Showroom Sales Consultant role will become part of a stable organization with a rich history. This position offers an opportunity for ongoing learning, future career opportunities, and growth and development within Hearth & Home Technologies and HNI Corporation.
Individuals considered for this role will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in sales, business administration, marketing or a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years successful sales experience.
- Strong sense of interior design
- Experience within the residential construction industry, building materials, appliance installation or retail is highly desired.
- Ability to lift 50lbs. with assistance
- Flexibility to work Retail Showroom hours.
- MSOffice experience
We're growing and opportunities exist in several Minneapolis, St. Paul, MN suburban locations including - Eagan, Roseville, Eden Prairie, Maple Grove, Plymouth and our soon to be opened store in Woodbury, MN.
Hearth & Home Technologies is a subsidiary of HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI). HNI is the second-largest office furniture manufacturer in the world, and the leading manufacturer and marketer of gas and biomass-fueled appliances and hearth products. The company has been recognized by Forbes and Fortune magazine as a top company to work for in the U.S.A.
http://www.hnicareers.com/JobDetails.aspx?ID=19614 - Eagan
http://www.hnicareers.com/JobDetails.aspx?ID=19613 - Roseville
http://www.hnicareers.com/JobDetails.aspx?ID=19447 - Minnetonka
– OR Contact:
Tim Healy & Associates
Territory Sales Representative
Posted 10-17-2014 – More information ▼
Tim Healy & Associates, representing KI, Takeform Signage, The Brill Companies, and Snowsound Acoustical Panels, is seeking an outside sales representative to cover our successful Minneapolis/St. Paul and out-state Minnesota territory. The position is responsible for achieving an established sales objective with a focus on existing customer relationships and developing new accounts.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
· Minimum 1-2 years in sales or marketing experience within the contract field industry
· Must be able to provide on-demand industry expertise in sales and design
· Must have a proven record of generating results and working under measureable goals
· Strong knowledge base of MS Office Suite of programs
Tim Healy & Associates offers full benefits including salary/commission, 401K, health care insurance, and expenses.
Mohagen/Hansen Architectural Group
Interior Designer – 0-4 years experience
Posted 10-3-2014 – More information ▼
Mohagen/Hansen Architectural Group, an award-winning planning, architecture and interior design firm has a full time position available for an Interior Designer in our Wayzata office. This position is responsible for providing design and support on a variety of projects including corporate, healthcare, financial and industrial. We are looking for a creative and energetic person with in-depth technical knowledge and a desire to collaborate with a dedicated team. Strong space planning, communication and organizational skills are also required. Candidate must be able to work closely with Senior Designers to maintain and manage project quality, while working within the framework of a defined project process.
The successful candidate should have a BS/BA in Interior Design and 0-4 years of experience. LEED AP, NCIDQ and CID certification, or the ability to become certified is required. Proficient use of Autocad, Revit and Microsoft Office software programs is necessary. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, flexible work environment and great people to work with!
Mohagen/Hansen Architectural Group was founded in 1989. Since that time, the firm has evolved into a full-service architecture and interior design firm, today maintaining a staff of more than 25 full time professionals.
The planning and design expertise provided by our office include a full spectrum of programming, planning and design services to Corporate Office, Government, Healthcare, Senior Living, Dental, Financial and Industrial/Office/Warehouse clients.
To learn more about our dynamic firm, visit our website at www.mohagenhansen.com!
For immediate consideration, please send you cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 10-3-2014 – More information ▼
Job Title: Interior Designer
Company Name: Flad Architects
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States, 53711
- Responsible for determining functional requirements, providing programming and space planning, facilities planning and material selections and specifications.
- Responsible for Revit documentation for all interior design related project items.
- Prepare presentation materials.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of products in the resource library and guide details.
- Responsible for the scope of interior services, and teamed with lead Interior Designers on projects to support all elements of interior design.
- Develop construction and/or furniture budgets as they relate to the client's overall project goals.
- Coordinate installation schedules with contractors for furnishings.
- One year of A/E experience required; Two years A/E experience and/or experience in one of Flad's market segments preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in interior design or related field required.
- NCIDQ certification and professional registration preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Sketch-up required.
- Revit, 3D rendering software, and Adobe Photoshop experience preferred.
- LEED certification preferred.
Interested candidates are asked to submit samples along with their resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hdftp86
Alternative Business Furniture
Posted 9-25-2014 – More information ▼
We are a full service office furniture dealership in the Minneapolis, MN area. Launched in 1993, we have grown organically to over 60 employees. We offer a full range of office space expertise; from sales, design and product specification to delivery, installation and project management. We possess a dedicated and experienced staff, and boast a strong presence in the Healthcare, Corporate and Government fields. As well, we emphasize environmentally responsible green solutions for our customers, and offer fully remanufactured workstations to bolster this theme.
- Confer with clients to determine factors affecting planning interior environments; such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function.
- Advise clients on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
- Assist and coordinate with other professionals, such as contractors, architects, engineers, and plumbers, to ensure job success.
- Review and detail shop drawings for use in our remanufacturing department.
- Render design ideas in drawings using computer-aided drafting (CAD) and related software.
- Conduct site visits and measurements to ensure needed information.
- On-site walk through during and following projects to ensure interior plan realized.
- Bachelors' Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from accredited school.
- Open to various levels of interior design experience. Seeking curious and passionate designers.
- Proficient in Excel, AutoCAD and 3-D programs. SketchUp and other modeling software programs.
- Proficient in Creative Adobe Suite applications-Illustrator a plus.
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials and specifications a must.
- Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
- LEED accreditation is a plus.
- Work in a team environment.
- Willing to offer strong opinions in a fast paced and supportive atmosphere.
- Ability to thrive with autonomy, and find practical solutions that work for both customer and company.
- Competitive salary above that offered by our competition for the right candidate.
(Pay on merit as well as experience).
- 401K with company match that exceeds the industry standard.
- Opportunities to grow and follow your passion for success.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Forbo Flooring Systems
Architectural Specifications Representative
Posted 9-18-2014 – More information ▼
Job Title: Architectural Specifications Representative
Job Function: Sales/Customer Svc/Tech Svcs
Division: Flooring Systems
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Country: United States
State / Province: Minnesota
Forbo Flooring Systems is seeking to expand and enhance coverage in the Minnesota market. We are seeking responsible, motivated, self-starting candidates for a sales position calling on the A&D community along with endusers in the HealthCare and Educational markets. In addition, this individual will work closely with General Contractors and Flooring Dealers on particular projects. This position requires enthusiasm, attention to detail, ability to build relationships and responding quickly to a changing and fast paced environment.
Please forward resume or inquires for further information to:
Western Regional Manager
Forbo Flooring Systems is the global market leader in commercial floor covering solutions. Marmoleum, our flagship brand, owns a global linoleum market share of over 60%. All Forbo products combine high levels of functionality and durability. Forbo Flooring Systems is committed to environmentally responsible production, sustainable practices throughout its global operations, and to far-reaching customer service.
S&T Office Interiors Group
Senior Interior Designer
Posted 9-18-2014 – More information ▼
Title: Senior Interior Designer
Primary function: To work as a team member with the sales representative and client toward successful completion of design and space planning projects
- Accept larger, more complex project assignments; meet with sale representative and client to determine requirements
- Develop problem solving/space planning solutions for more involved projects using informational programming methods
- Select furnishings and finishes; prepare high quality, top notch presentation methods
- Compile product specifications, working with sales representative on descriptions and pricing
- Prepare installation plans, incorporating a thorough knowledge of the mechanics and systems
- Building base plan drafting and systems symbol drafting on computer
- Meet with product representatives for information and updates on major product lines
- Assist sales representative in locating sources, specific items, and helping and detail quotes for "order ready"
- Assist sales representatives in coordination of specifications, purchase and installation of finishes such as carpet, walls, and window treatments
- Work with great accuracy on projects, developing a history of high quality work with a low error
- Develop strong ongoing client relationships and a "client following"
- Graduate of accredited Interior Design Program
- Five to nine years related work experience
- Successful completion of NCIDQ
- Professional member of IIDA
- Well-polished professional presentation and communication skills
- Strong experience in use of AutoCAD/Project Matrix
- Proficient in office furniture
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org !
Check out our website and Facebook page for more information
Interior Designer, 5-8 years experience
Posted 9-9-2014 – More information ▼
BWBR, a full-service Saint Paul, MN architectural and interior design firm with a diverse practice and history dating back to the 1920's, has an immediate opportunity for an interior designer with 5-8 years of experience.
The ideal team member will bring creativity, professionalism, and energy to the position. With a work environment that encourages collaboration, we seek an individual with a positive spirit who can juggle multiple priorities and balance both short-term deadlines with long-term projects. Attributes desired:
- Shares BWBR's values
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Excellent planning and design skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience and interest in a variety of building types
- Proficiency in Revit documentation required
- SketchUp knowledge beneficial
- Related undergraduate degree and 5 to 8 years experience
BWBR pays close attention to individual strengths and is committed to continually fostering growth opportunities for our staff. Our size offers the opportunity to be engaged in small projects as well as large and complex building types in our core markets of health care, higher education, government, worship, and corporate. We offer a comprehensive benefits program as well as a profit sharing and 401(k) salary deferral plan.
This position will be based in our Saint Paul office. We offer a vibrant, professional office setting in the Lawson Commons Building in downtown, conveniently served by multiple bus routes and offering various parking options. With an office of more than 130 people, we provide a work environment designed to engage, empower, and enhance both those we work for and those we work with.
If interested, please apply online at: www.bwbr.com/careers/career-opportunities