The following opportunities have been posted by employers in the region served by the Northland chapter of IIDA. These postings have not been edited or verified. Contact the person listed for more information about a posting.
The IIDA Northland Chapter invites you to post your company's open positions on our site.
If you have a position open that you would like to post on our site, please send the information to Rick Schuster at email@example.com
The job postings on this page are text only - no graphics or logos, and will not contain linked documents such as PDFs or Word documents. We will link to your website or a specific web page if requested.
You may email the text in Word format, txt format, or simply text within an email message.
If your job opening fills, please let Rick know so that he can remove the posting from this page. We may remove postings after two months unless you ask us to keep them listed. Thank you.
Current Job Postings
Tim Healy & Associates
Territory Sales Representative
Posted 10-17-2014 – More information ▼
Tim Healy & Associates, representing KI, Takeform Signage, The Brill Companies, and Snowsound Acoustical Panels, is seeking an outside sales representative to cover our successful Minneapolis/St. Paul and out-state Minnesota territory. The position is responsible for achieving an established sales objective with a focus on existing customer relationships and developing new accounts.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
· Minimum 1-2 years in sales or marketing experience within the contract field industry
· Must be able to provide on-demand industry expertise in sales and design
· Must have a proven record of generating results and working under measureable goals
· Strong knowledge base of MS Office Suite of programs
Tim Healy & Associates offers full benefits including salary/commission, 401K, health care insurance, and expenses.
Mohagen/Hansen Architectural Group
Interior Designer – 0-4 years experience
Posted 10-3-2014 – More information ▼
Mohagen/Hansen Architectural Group, an award-winning planning, architecture and interior design firm has a full time position available for an Interior Designer in our Wayzata office. This position is responsible for providing design and support on a variety of projects including corporate, healthcare, financial and industrial. We are looking for a creative and energetic person with in-depth technical knowledge and a desire to collaborate with a dedicated team. Strong space planning, communication and organizational skills are also required. Candidate must be able to work closely with Senior Designers to maintain and manage project quality, while working within the framework of a defined project process.
The successful candidate should have a BS/BA in Interior Design and 0-4 years of experience. LEED AP, NCIDQ and CID certification, or the ability to become certified is required. Proficient use of Autocad, Revit and Microsoft Office software programs is necessary. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, flexible work environment and great people to work with!
Mohagen/Hansen Architectural Group was founded in 1989. Since that time, the firm has evolved into a full-service architecture and interior design firm, today maintaining a staff of more than 25 full time professionals.
The planning and design expertise provided by our office include a full spectrum of programming, planning and design services to Corporate Office, Government, Healthcare, Senior Living, Dental, Financial and Industrial/Office/Warehouse clients.
To learn more about our dynamic firm, visit our website at www.mohagenhansen.com!
For immediate consideration, please send you cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 10-3-2014 – More information ▼
Job Title: Interior Designer
Company Name: Flad Architects
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States, 53711
- Responsible for determining functional requirements, providing programming and space planning, facilities planning and material selections and specifications.
- Responsible for Revit documentation for all interior design related project items.
- Prepare presentation materials.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of products in the resource library and guide details.
- Responsible for the scope of interior services, and teamed with lead Interior Designers on projects to support all elements of interior design.
- Develop construction and/or furniture budgets as they relate to the client's overall project goals.
- Coordinate installation schedules with contractors for furnishings.
- One year of A/E experience required; Two years A/E experience and/or experience in one of Flad's market segments preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in interior design or related field required.
- NCIDQ certification and professional registration preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Sketch-up required.
- Revit, 3D rendering software, and Adobe Photoshop experience preferred.
- LEED certification preferred.
Interested candidates are asked to submit samples along with their resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hdftp86
Alternative Business Furniture
Posted 9-25-2014 – More information ▼
We are a full service office furniture dealership in the Minneapolis, MN area. Launched in 1993, we have grown organically to over 60 employees. We offer a full range of office space expertise; from sales, design and product specification to delivery, installation and project management. We possess a dedicated and experienced staff, and boast a strong presence in the Healthcare, Corporate and Government fields. As well, we emphasize environmentally responsible green solutions for our customers, and offer fully remanufactured workstations to bolster this theme.
- Confer with clients to determine factors affecting planning interior environments; such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function.
- Advise clients on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
- Assist and coordinate with other professionals, such as contractors, architects, engineers, and plumbers, to ensure job success.
- Review and detail shop drawings for use in our remanufacturing department.
- Render design ideas in drawings using computer-aided drafting (CAD) and related software.
- Conduct site visits and measurements to ensure needed information.
- On-site walk through during and following projects to ensure interior plan realized.
- Bachelors' Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from accredited school.
- Open to various levels of interior design experience. Seeking curious and passionate designers.
- Proficient in Excel, AutoCAD and 3-D programs. SketchUp and other modeling software programs.
- Proficient in Creative Adobe Suite applications-Illustrator a plus.
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials and specifications a must.
- Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
- LEED accreditation is a plus.
- Work in a team environment.
- Willing to offer strong opinions in a fast paced and supportive atmosphere.
- Ability to thrive with autonomy, and find practical solutions that work for both customer and company.
- Competitive salary above that offered by our competition for the right candidate.
(Pay on merit as well as experience).
- 401K with company match that exceeds the industry standard.
- Opportunities to grow and follow your passion for success.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Forbo Flooring Systems
Architectural Specifications Representative
Posted 9-18-2014 – More information ▼
Job Title: Architectural Specifications Representative
Job Function: Sales/Customer Svc/Tech Svcs
Division: Flooring Systems
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Country: United States
State / Province: Minnesota
Forbo Flooring Systems is seeking to expand and enhance coverage in the Minnesota market. We are seeking responsible, motivated, self-starting candidates for a sales position calling on the A&D community along with endusers in the HealthCare and Educational markets. In addition, this individual will work closely with General Contractors and Flooring Dealers on particular projects. This position requires enthusiasm, attention to detail, ability to build relationships and responding quickly to a changing and fast paced environment.
Please forward resume or inquires for further information to:
Western Regional Manager
Forbo Flooring Systems is the global market leader in commercial floor covering solutions. Marmoleum, our flagship brand, owns a global linoleum market share of over 60%. All Forbo products combine high levels of functionality and durability. Forbo Flooring Systems is committed to environmentally responsible production, sustainable practices throughout its global operations, and to far-reaching customer service.
S&T Office Interiors Group
Senior Interior Designer
Posted 9-18-2014 – More information ▼
Title: Senior Interior Designer
Primary function: To work as a team member with the sales representative and client toward successful completion of design and space planning projects
- Accept larger, more complex project assignments; meet with sale representative and client to determine requirements
- Develop problem solving/space planning solutions for more involved projects using informational programming methods
- Select furnishings and finishes; prepare high quality, top notch presentation methods
- Compile product specifications, working with sales representative on descriptions and pricing
- Prepare installation plans, incorporating a thorough knowledge of the mechanics and systems
- Building base plan drafting and systems symbol drafting on computer
- Meet with product representatives for information and updates on major product lines
- Assist sales representative in locating sources, specific items, and helping and detail quotes for "order ready"
- Assist sales representatives in coordination of specifications, purchase and installation of finishes such as carpet, walls, and window treatments
- Work with great accuracy on projects, developing a history of high quality work with a low error
- Develop strong ongoing client relationships and a "client following"
- Graduate of accredited Interior Design Program
- Five to nine years related work experience
- Successful completion of NCIDQ
- Professional member of IIDA
- Well-polished professional presentation and communication skills
- Strong experience in use of AutoCAD/Project Matrix
- Proficient in office furniture
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org !
Check out our website and Facebook page for more information
Interior Designer, 5-8 years experience
Posted 9-9-2014 – More information ▼
BWBR, a full-service Saint Paul, MN architectural and interior design firm with a diverse practice and history dating back to the 1920's, has an immediate opportunity for an interior designer with 5-8 years of experience.
The ideal team member will bring creativity, professionalism, and energy to the position. With a work environment that encourages collaboration, we seek an individual with a positive spirit who can juggle multiple priorities and balance both short-term deadlines with long-term projects. Attributes desired:
- Shares BWBR's values
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Excellent planning and design skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience and interest in a variety of building types
- Proficiency in Revit documentation required
- SketchUp knowledge beneficial
- Related undergraduate degree and 5 to 8 years experience
BWBR pays close attention to individual strengths and is committed to continually fostering growth opportunities for our staff. Our size offers the opportunity to be engaged in small projects as well as large and complex building types in our core markets of health care, higher education, government, worship, and corporate. We offer a comprehensive benefits program as well as a profit sharing and 401(k) salary deferral plan.
This position will be based in our Saint Paul office. We offer a vibrant, professional office setting in the Lawson Commons Building in downtown, conveniently served by multiple bus routes and offering various parking options. With an office of more than 130 people, we provide a work environment designed to engage, empower, and enhance both those we work for and those we work with.
If interested, please apply online at: www.bwbr.com/careers/career-opportunities
Baker Associates Inc. Architects
Interior Design Intern
Posted 8-29-2014 – More information ▼
Collaborate with an architectural team to produce documents for small and medium sized commercial projects. This includes all phases of the interior design process from schematics to construction documents.
- Currently enrolled or a recent graduate from an accredited Interior Design program
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of interior design concepts, materials, and furnishings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work effectively in a team setting, communicating with others
Please provide portfolio and resume when applying.