IIDA Northland's Student Competition
NEXT has changed! Show us what's next in furniture, lighting or textiles in any format you'd like. The competition goes through January 25th, 2017. Sign up now before it's too late.
NEXT 101 was held at NELSON on January 4, 2017
Shanna Senn presented: What's NEXT in Furniture:
Another video coming soon: What’s NEXT in textiles- Jacki Kritzeck
The challenge: Choose any format you'd like to show us what's NEXT in Interior Design in these three subjects:
- What's NEXT in furniture?
- What's NEXT in lighting?
- What's NEXT in textiles?
Format: No video necessary! Choose whatever form of media you would like. Your entry must include a short (1-2 paragraph) description of why your product is NEXT in interior design.
How to enter: Send us your final presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as complete the entry form linked on the left-hand side of this page.
Deadline to submit is January 25th, 2017.
- Entrant must be currently enrolled in an interior design program within the IIDA Northland chapter region.
- Entrant must be an IIDA Northland Student Member. To become a member, click here.
- All entries and materials become the property of IIDA Northland, and each entrant upon submission waives and relinquishes all rights thereto and assigns such rights to IIDA Northland. IIDA Northland may publish, use, disclose, assign, license or otherwise transfer any such entries and materials and/or any or all rights in such entries and materials.
- If any requirements are not met, or entry rules are not followed, the entry is subject to disqualification at IIDA Northland's discretion.
- Each entry is judged for the success with which the entrant has met the competition requirements and exhibits a creative and dynamic approach. Judging criteria will include: creativity, relevance and presentation.
- Three judges from varying design backgrounds will select the first and second place winners.
- Member's choice winner will be selected by IIDA Northland chapter members. Voting will be part of the FAB Award member's choice voting.
Q: Can a group submit an entry?
A: Yes. The prize will remain the same, however, so if your group wins first prize they will split the $2000 prize and only receive 2 tickets to FAB.
Q: Can I submit more than one entry?
Q: Can I remove my entry?
A: Yes. If you decide you would not like to be considered for NEXT, you can email email@example.com. You are also able to change your entry video by uploading a new video to Vimeo up until the deadline of March 1st.
Q: Do I have to be a member to enter?
A: Yes. You must be a member of the IIDA Northland chapter. Membership costs $53- click here. We will confirm that all entries are by student members of the Northland chapter. If you are not a member, you will not be eligible to win a prize.
Q: How do I know if my school is a Northland chapter school?
A: When you log into IIDA national website, you can see which chapter you are a part of. The IIDA Northland chapter schools are:
- Alexandria Technical College
- The Art Institutes International Minnesota
- Century College
- Dakota County Technical College
- North Dakota State University
- South Dakota State University
- St. Catherine University
- University of Minnesota
- University of Wisconsin – Stout
Q: Are graduating seniors eligible?
A: Yes. If you are currently enrolled in an interior design program and are an IIDA student member, you are eligible to enter.
Q: Are graduate students eligible?
A: Yes. If you are currently enrolled in an interior design graduate program and are an IIDA student member, you are eligible to enter.
More Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
See all previous entries on our Vimeo page
Questions? Email email@example.com