The following opportunities have been posted by employers in the region and have not been edited or verified.
Contact the person listed for more information about a posting.
The IIDA Northland Chapter invites you to post your company’s open positions on our site. If you have a position open that you would like to advertise, please send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. The job postings on this page are text only – no graphics or logos, and will not contain linked documents such as PDFs or Word documents.We will link to your website or a specific web page if requested. You may email the text in Word format, txt format, or simply text within an email message. If your job opening fills, please contact email@example.com so we can remove the posting from this page. We reserve the right to remove postings after two months.
Current Job Postings
Alliiance - Interior Designer
We are looking for an adaptable creative problem solver with the aptitude for unconventional thinking to join our multi-studio practice. We are seeking an interior designer with proficient verbal, visual and people skills who is an inquisitive life-learner suited to engage the programming, planning and design of interior architecture projects.
Candidate must be a graduate of an accredited interior design program with 5-10 years of experience. NCIDQ Certification desired. Professional growth opportunities are available in multiple practice areas.
Skills required include the effective use of Microsoft Office programs, AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite applications: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Google SketchUp.
We thank you in advance for your interest!
Kaas Wilson Architects - Interior Designer II
Interior Designer II
Kaas Wilson Architects is an award-winning architectural firm in Bloomington, MN. Our well-managed team of 35+ architects, interior designers, and interns operate in an open, fast-paced, and collaborative office environment that brings design experience and a team approach together, creating beautiful, practical, and livable built environments. Our office is focused on multi-family housing, senior living, historic preservation, commercial projects, and renovation; with current project locations in Minnesota and across the US.
We are currently seeking an interior designer to join our team. Candidate should have a completed degree in interior design, proficiency using Revit, excellent communication and collaboration skills, and ability to take direction and work independently. The ideal candidate would be described as creative, confident, detail-oriented, professional, motivated, articulate, fun, and client-ready.
– Team with clients, owners, property managers, and operators to develop interior finish concepts and FF&E packages that are trend-setting and aesthetically pleasing.
– Collaborate with design and architectural staff on with project-oriented efforts, including drafting, modeling, and detailing construction documents related to interiors, tenant improvements, and fit plans.
– Create inspiring and unique ways to graphically represent interior design concepts, using digital media, rendering techniques, and physical materials.
– Develop designs and details that are both functional and aesthetically enhance a living space.
– Plan the use and layout of a space, and coordinating color, furniture, casework, lighting fixtures, etc.
– Prepare accurate finish specifications and documentation for project finishes, furniture and light fixtures.
– Review and approve shop drawings during project construction.
– Coordinate FF&E procurement and installation with furniture dealers.
– Communication and coordination with product and material representatives.
– Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from CIDA accredited program required.
– 2-7 years of experience in an architecture or interior design office setting with experience preparing full construction documents, including interior elevations, finish plans, finish schedules, FFE schedules, RCPs and millwork details.
– NCIDQ certification preferred, otherwise must have interest in pursuing NCIDQ certification.
– Proficiency in construction document production experience in Revit required.
– Proficiency in Creative Adobe Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) required.
– Strong communication and organizational skills required.
– Confident working directly with clients, contractors, architects, and product reps.
– Strong graphic and visualization skills with ability to communicate design ideas.
Compensation and Benefits:
– Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills
– 401k retirement saving plan
– Healthcare and Dental insurance available
– Aggressive bonuses
– Reimbursement allowance for continuing education and professional memberships
– Flexible schedule
Submit PDFs of cover letter, resume, and portfolio (maximum size 6 MB) to:
Hiring Manager, kwa+HR@kaaswilson.com
iSpace Environments - Account Manager
iSpace Environments is a collection of talented people that respond to the needs of progressive workplace design. We outfit environments with technology, furnishings and architectural products that enable and empower organizations to work better.
The role of the Account Manager is to manage the account relationships by consistently meeting and exceeding the customers’ expectations and keeping a sustainable book of business.
ACCOUNT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
Proactively Manages & Develops day-to-day Relationships with Assigned Customers
- Able to manage basic client issue resolution with minimal/no AP support
- Initiate customer conversations for projects frequently (may vary by customer) to:
- Ensure iSpace is current with monthly revenue projections
- Receive customer requests, manage customer expectations and communicate/delegate to internal teams
- Clearly communicate iSpace deliverables, customer requirements and timeline needs to ensure iSpace is positioned to execute a successful project
- Clearly communicate payment terms relating to timeline needs (deposit invoice requirements)
- Obtain customer decisions, feedback, and approvals in support of project timelines
- Schedule site visits with appropriate internal resources at various phases of the projects
- Ensure customer requirements are proactively communicated
- Perform Project Management duties on projects that don’t have an assigned Project Manager
- Regularly communicate project updates and recaps to customers
- Complete meeting recaps, task lists/next steps, follow up items, and status
- Manage punch list items in collaboration with Project Coordinator
- Recognize the need for change orders and communicate to customers in a timely manner
- Utilize Scope of Work as a tool to hold internal and external customer accountable to their deliverables to ensure successful and timely project completion
- Work with Field Services to communicate all punch list items and keep customer updated through to completion
- Participates in client walk through, training, and sign-off as needed (defined in hand off meetings who will be responsible at the project level)
- Successfully hand off all projects that require a Project Manager per stated project qualifications
Manage all Internal/External Communications and Meetings for Assigned Projects
- The position is responsible for identifying the appropriate level of communication needed for each project (scalability) adjusting meeting content, attendees and project options based on current client or project issues
- The position recognizes new business opportunities with assigned clients
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date forecast
- Regularly participates in sales activities that drive revenue to meet annual sales goals
- Creates projects and delegates initial tasks at the appropriate times to the design, project and installation teams
- Update projects with current documentation (proposals, SOW, notes and status)
- Use/distribute Project Information Worksheets for each project to provide Accounting and Operations details needed to successfully complete their roles within the project
- Using the Handoff Meeting, Kickoff Meeting and Post Op Meeting agendas; schedule, facilitate and lead meetings for all assigned projects/events when necessary based on size and scope of work, or as directed by management and/or leadership
- Work with Field Managers and Project Managers (PM) to confirm completion of customer requirements prior to installation
- Create and disseminate project timelines based on project complexity, customer needs, and internal resources
- Delegate Change Order (CO) creation to Design team or Project Manager
- Approve final paperwork for invoicing; work with accounting to approve margin variances prior to sending to client
- Approve invoice in a timely manner (3 business days)
- Send customer all final project documentation: as-builts, code, client sign-off, survey request and transition/introduction to iSpace team
- Obtain estimates for billable labor from the appropriate resources as defined: Design, Project Management, Field Services
SERVE AS A STEWARD OF iSPACE CORE VALUES AND BRAND
Excellence: Be the best. Commit to the customer experience. Attention to details.
Integrity: Be genuine, dependable and empathetic.
Expertise: Be an authority, be knowledgeable, be confident.
Creativity: Be a visionary, inventive and authentic.
Work Ethic: Be tenacious. Execute. Teamwork.
Fun: Be positive, fresh and collaborative.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years demonstrated success in a deadline driven, customer-experience based business model requiring strong project management skills.
- External candidates: 5+ years’ experience in a customer-facing role or project management experience required. Minimum of 5 years furniture design or sales experience.
- Internal candidates: 2+ years successful performance with iSpace, leading to a strong understanding of iSpace’s business model and knowledge of Client Service operations.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Software proficiency – ability to become proficient in others as needed.
- Strong customer focus with solution orientation
- Must possess strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong, effective communication with coworkers and clients at various levels
- Desire and ability to succeed in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Must be flexible and adept with multi-tasking and changing priorities
- Detail and organizational skills are essential for success
- Ability to manage multiple projects and delegate to other team members
- Must have proven ability to collaborate within teams and cross-functionally and meet deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to work beyond a normal work schedule during peak periods to ensure client needs are met.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
To apply, please email your resume to Careers@iSpaceEnvironments.com
Pope Architects - Interior Designer
Seeking a creative individual with a broad knowledge of Interior Design concepts. This person is comfortable working in a team setting on a variety of project types, with an emphasis on Commercial Design (Office/Workplace). They will collaborate with the design team to provide clients with high quality design solutions, solid documentation, and exceptional customer service.
– Work with senior designers on development and documentation of design solutions.
– Interior space planning.
– Selection and specification of interior finishes.
– Prepare design presentation materials, including renderings.
– Prepare construction documents using Revit.
– Attend client/project interviews.
– Manage tenant improvement projects, preparing design and construction documents with a clear understanding of the needs of the client and of the project scope, schedule and budget.
Skills and Competencies:
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Works well both independently and in a team setting.
– Strong graphic and presentation skills.
– AutoCAD and Revit knowledge required.
– Sketchup or 3D experience is a plus.
– Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed, as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
– 5+ years of experience
About Pope Architects: Located midway between Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN we are an architectural and interior design firm focused on the design of Healthcare, Senior Living, Corporate Office, Mission Critical, Industrial, Retail, Education and Worship projects. We are unique, fun, hard-working and energetic, and we enjoy making our environment a welcoming place for clients to visit and an enriching place for staff to work. We believe in doing great work and having fun while doing it. To learn more about our firm please visit our website. AA/E.O.E
Contact: Please email referrals or resumes to Karen Oldenborg in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intereum - Interior Designer - Platinum Sponsor
Commercial Interior Designer
Intereum, located in Plymouth, is Minnesota’s sole certified Herman Miller dealer. We deliver environments that inspire work, learning and healing by designing, furnishing and equipping interior spaces to businesses. What sets us apart is our awesome and hard-working team, who are dedicated to providing best-in-class service in our industry. For two years in a row, we were voted by our employees to Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces.
We seek an experienced interior designer to join our Corporate Design team. This highly detailed and fast-paced position is an excellent opportunity for a designer who excels in communication, attention to detail and complexity in a dynamic environment. Day to day the Designer works with sales and clients to develop creative design solutions, generate proposals, detailed floor plans and product specifications. Specific duties include:
– Work with clients and sales to define project goals and objectives
– Gather project scope of work, schedule and budget
– Evaluate furniture options thru block plans and typicals
– Stay current with commercial interior design solutions and trends
– Present creative design solutions to clients
– Produce furniture 3D drawings and renderings
– Create overall furniture floor plans, shop drawings and final specifications
– Prepare installation documents
– Review and ensure all specifications and plans are accurate for order entry
– Maintain accurate project documentation and timesheets
– Assist in final project walk thru / punch list
Qualified candidates are experienced commercial interior designers. We require intermediate to advanced AutoCAD proficiency. CAP 2020, Z-axis, CET, Revit and SketchUp skills desired, but not required. Experience in a furniture dealership preferred. Our highly productive team of designers share company core values that include: Positive Can-Do Attitude, Quality Driven Throughout, Do the Right Thing, Continuous Improvement, Responsive and Plays Well with Others. This collaborative position combines technical design with internal and external client management, requiring polished communication skills in managing expectations.
Intereum offers an employee-focused workplace, hosting all-employee get-togethers and department outings. Our philosophy toward continuous improvement and an engaged leadership style that encourages creativity and empowerment, make an enviable environment poised for continued growth. We offer a competitive industry salary and full benefits. Interested applicants please forward your resume to our hiring resource, Red Seat. Red Seat is not a recruiter or employment agency but a contract HR company assisting us in the hiring process. Forward resumes to: email@example.com. For more info, call Red Seat direct at (612) 405-2574. We will confirm receipt of your resume within two business days.
Intereum is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Intereum is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Collage Architects - Interior Designer
Collage Architects, a close-knit firm located in NE Minneapolis, is looking to add an Interior Designer to the team. This is a unique role for someone who would be comfortable growing an interior design program within an architecture firm. The ideal candidate will be able to lead the interior design/architecture portion of several projects simultaneously, from concept to procurement, while providing knowledgeable guidance to the client. Listed below are some additional qualifications of the ideal candidate.
Preferred Candidate Profile:
- 5-8 years design experience
- Proficient knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUp
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and in teams
- Experience in multi-family and hospitality design
- Previous work with sourcing and procurement
- Sample library management skills
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication/relationship development skills
- Excellent time, task, and budget management skills
We are an office that values partnership and shared ideas; if you have additional skills or knowledge that might be a benefit in this position, please feel free to let us know!
This is a full-time position. A range of employee benefits (including healthcare stipend, PTO, and 401k plan) are available and salary will be negotiated based on qualifications.
To learn more about Collage Architects, our projects, and our staff, visit our website: www.collagearchitects.com
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, and portfolio to Ellie Staricka: firstname.lastname@example.org
RSP Architects - Interiors Project Manager
Interiors Project Manager
Northeast Minneapolis, MN
Do you believe design can improve lives? That it can increase productivity, engage employees and promote well-being all at the same time? We do. RSP Architects is looking for enthusiastic, smart, problem-solvers to join our Interiors Team. The members of our Interiors Team work with a diverse range of project type and clients across the globe to deliver dynamic environments that enhances experience, improves businesses, and the happiness and well-being of employees. Our ideal candidate is: organized; strategic; communicative; particular about the details; craves collaboration; and knows how to translate a company’s mission into space. We are looking for a management leader that will fostering creativity and innovation.
- Managing the coordination of corporate projects with internal team members, consultants, clients, and contractors
- Managing client relationships
- Developing project scope and fees
- Managing staff, project scheduling, work authorization, budgeting and quality control
- Leading projects by working across all aspects of the design process – including project initiation, programming, schematic design, design development, construction documentation, and construction administration
- Hire and management of consultants
- Competency to prioritize effectively and adjust work accordingly to meet deadlines and budgets
- Dealing with multiple projects ranging from simple to very complex
- Participate in client marketing efforts and interviews
- Sustaining and understanding project vision
- Ability to foresee pitfalls and guide project to avoid them
- Effectively communicating with project team members
- Bachelor’s in Interior Design
- 7 years of professional experience
- 2 years of project management experience
- Experience working with corporate clients
- Advanced in: problem solving; organization; customer service; multitasking; and Microsoft Office Suite
- Salary is commensurate with experience and education, competitive with current market
RSP offers a competitive compensation package with benefits. RSP Architects, Ltd. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
ESG - Interior Designer (Multiple Positions)
- Entry Level Interior Designer
- Level 2 Interior Designer with a focus on Workplace design (2-4 years of experience)
- Level 3/4 Interior Designer (5-8 years of experience)
- Associate Level Interior Designer (8+ years of experience)
Elness Swenson Graham Architects (ESG)
Elness Swenson Graham Architects (ESG) is an award winning design firm with a national practice in urban residential, hospitality, workplace environments, higher education, branding and graphic design. Since the company’s founding over three decades ago, ESG has helped clients create environments for community, business, and leisure by providing holistic, creative solutions to complex problems. The company’s mission is to enrich the built environment beyond architecture and buildings; to deliver the superior, the timeless, the memorable and the unique; and to design environments that capture the human spirit and uplift our lives.
ESG currently has multiple openings for talented Interior Designers competent in covering a wide variety of tasks centered on the interior design process through all phases of design documentation, from conceptual design through construction administration.
- Collaboration with interdisciplinary team on multiple projects and project types.
- Involvement in entire project process, from programming through design and into construction.
- Development of finish plans, drawings, details, models and construction documents.
- Development of furniture budgets and specifications.
- Development of client presentation materials.
- Coordination of product reps, furniture dealers and other project consultants.
- Assistance with project proposals (Designer level 3/4 and Associate).
- Interior Design Degree
- Interior Design experience in commercial architecture and construction field (see above for required years).
- Highly motivated, excellent time management and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Collaborative spirit
- Strong understanding and knowledge of commercial design
- High level of conceptual creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to provide efficient and elegant design solutions
- Strong graphical and presentation skills (proficiency in REVIT, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Modeling Software)
- Ability to have a solid working relationship with clients and internal teams
If you meet the minimum qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply with your cover letter, resume and project samples to email@example.com.