The IIDA Northland Chapter invites you to post your company’s open positions on our site.
All Members and Annual Chapter Sponsors may post positions for free.
For everyone else, the cost to post is $50 per posting.
Submit your job posting HERE
Please use the file uploader on the form to provide the job description and application instructions. We will link to your website or a specific web page if requested. If your job opening fills, please email email@example.com so we can remove the posting from this page. We reserve the right to remove postings after two months.
The following opportunities have been posted by employers in the region and have not been edited or verified.
Contact the person listed for more information about a posting.
Current Job Postings
Director of Interior Design - Commercial – Mohagen Hansen Architecture
Director of Interior Design – Commercial
Mohagen Hansen Architecture
Do you want to help grow and shape an award-winning Architecture and Interior Design Firm? Are you looking for a work environment that encourages learning, allows creativity, and professional development? If yes, look no further than Mohagen Hansen Architecture | Interiors.
In this Director of Interior Design role, you will lead the Firm’s Interior Design Department, create marketing strategies to attract and obtain new clients and work with Principals, Architects and other team members to develop design concepts, color/finish selections and furniture selections for interior architectural projects from schematic design phases through the construction administration phases.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees the Interior Design Department and management of the interiors group.
- Collaborates with Firm Principals to develop interior design goals and objectives for Firm.
- Creates and establishes marketing strategies for the interior design department.
- Determines network marketing strategies and resources to attract new clients.
- Oversees and develops interior design concepts, color/finish selections and furniture selections for commercial architectural projects.
- Advances the interior design concepts to ensure the Firm is competitive in the interior design market.
- Supervises interior designers and projects ranging in size and complexity.
- Ensures timely and effective management and delivery of interior designs and plans to ensure project goals, objectives and clients are being satisfied.
- Leads the creative design direction during the conceptual and schematic phases on various projects.
- Independently develops new and unique approaches on design solutions.
- Sets budget for interior design projects and writes fee proposals.
- Is the primary contact for clients on interior design projects and builds effective long-term client relationships.
- Analyses client problems and determines and develops interior design solutions.
- Mentors and develops interior designer’s skill sets and other staff members on interior design concepts to create a learning and growing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited program with at least 15 years of commercial interior design experience including ten years of experience with furniture applications is required.
- Must have a NCIDQ and CID certification.
- At least five years of experience leading or supervising interior designers in an architectural work setting.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and Sketch-up, with an emphasis on 3D presentation.
- Has a solid understanding and application of interior design principles, practices and concepts.
- Ability to design creative and effective design solutions.
Mohagen Hansen Architecture | Interiors was founded in 1989. Since that time, the firm has evolved into a full-service architecture and interior design firm, today maintaining a staff of 42 full-time professionals. Our services include a full spectrum of programming, planning, design and interior design services to corporate office, government, healthcare, dental, financial and office/warehouse clients.
In addition, our firm offers competitive salary and benefits, a great team working environment and learning opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about our growing, dynamic firm, visit our website at www.mohagenhansen.com
Interior Designer – Gensler
As a Gensler Interior Designer, your primary team role is to combine creativity and technical skills with business knowledge and understanding. Our collective goal is to produce functionally beautiful spaces for our clients and community.
The Account Coordinator will participate in vendor product updates and will be required to periodically attend after hour marketing or educational events. The Account Coordinator is a direct reflection of Parameters and must present themselves in a professional manner.
What You Will Do:
- Collaboration with interdisciplinary teams on varying project types.
- Involvement in entire project process, translating client programming requirements through conceptual design, development of construction documents and into construction.
- Prepare schematic design Vision & Goals and initial design concept presentation. Prepare the floor plans, ceiling plans, finish plans and specifications, interior elevations, millwork and interior details and FF&E selections & specifications.
- Prepare the interior finish and FFE specifications. Prepare FF&E bid documents.
- Participate in Construction Administration. Conduct a code review for each project.
- Develop design and renderings using 3D modeling & VR software for internal charrettes and client presentations. Ability to create 3D printed models and use of laser cutter for design prototypes.
- Integration of sustainability and health & well-being design strategies, including material and finish selections, FFE selections, energy efficient lighting and water efficient fixtures. Understanding of LEED, WELL and Fitwel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school.
- Certified Interior Designer.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, Enscape, 3D and other modeling software programs.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications.
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Passion for health and well-being and sustainability – understanding the impact of design on people.
- Highly motivated, innovative thinker who thrives in a collaborative environment. Passionate about design, has a broad view of the world, willingness to pitch in to assist others at all times.
- Great communication skills – ability to extract programming information in a manner that is aligned with the client’s goals and vision; implementing strategy within the project; present the design to the client and sell them on the ideas; communicate within the design team and lead younger staff through the design process; interview well for new projects with new and/or existing clients.
*For consideration, you must submit a portfolio and your resume in PDF format. Paying attention to this detail tells us something about your ability to pay attention to details.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.