The IIDA Northland Chapter invites you to post your company’s open positions on our site.
All Members and Annual Chapter Sponsors may post positions for free.
For everyone else, the cost to post is $50 per posting.
Submit your job posting HERE
Please use the file uploader on the form to provide the job description and application instructions. We will link to your website or a specific web page if requested. If your job opening fills, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can remove the posting from this page. We reserve the right to remove postings after two months.
The following opportunities have been posted by employers in the region and have not been edited or verified.
Contact the person listed for more information about a posting.
Current Job Postings
Interior Design Intern – Ryan Companies US, Inc.
Interior Design Intern
Ryan Companies US, Inc.
With more than 80 years in business and 16 offices (and growing!), Ryan offers comprehensive commercial real estate solutions to customers across the US. We bring a collaborative, relationship-driven approach to delivering spaces where people thrive and businesses succeed. Join a company with an outstanding culture and competitive benefits. At Ryan, we don’t just build buildings – we build stories.
Ryan Companies US, Inc. has an exciting internship opportunity for Fall 2020 within the A+E group as an intern to engage with projects in the office, multi-family, healthcare, senior living, and industrial sectors in Minneapolis as an Interior Design Intern.
Architecture and Engineering are critical components of Ryan’s platform for delivering integrated and creative real estate solutions. At Ryan, we are not only architects and engineers, but also builders, developers, owners, and operators. We leverage our knowledge and tailored approach to help customers achieve their project goals. Collectively, we create places for people to thrive.
During the internship, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work on various phases of project design from concept through construction administration.
- As part of an integrated design-build company, department tours through active projects offer an in-depth look at how designs in the computer come together in the built environment.
As an Interior Design Intern, you can expect to gain experience in:
- Collaborating and participating in all phases of the project from concept design through construction administration.
- Assisting the project team with finish selections.
To be considered further, you should:
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited program related to: Interior Design/Architecture.
- Be, at most, 18 months from your anticipated graduation date.
- Possess basic knowledge of interior material products.
You will stand out if you have:
- A strong desire to work in an integrated design-build firm.
- Strong working knowledge of Revit, and a working knowledge of Sketch-up and InDesign.
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative suite.
Positions require verification of employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Ryan Companies does not sponsor foreign workers for nonimmigrant visas or employment-based green cards unless the position is on our executive leadership team.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Ryan Foundation – charitable matching funds
Paid Time for Volunteer Events
Ryan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Ryan does not accept recruiting agency solicitations.
To submit your resume and apply for the position, please visit: https://careers.ryancompanies.com/details.html?jobId=598&jobTitle=Interior%20Design%20Intern
Design Manager – Christianson's Business Furniture, Inc
Christianson’s Business Furniture, Inc
- Lead and facilitate all design processes, ensuring they add value and meet established goals.
- Take the lead position on key accounts and high-profile projects
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organization to prioritize design projects and create best practices, standards, etc.
- Initiate changes in process or organizational structure as necessary to ensure excellence in design outcome, design process, and design leadership.
- Recruit, hire and onboard design staff as necessary.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications. Identify solutions to streamline design process through software.
- Provides experiences and training that maintains highest level of competency among designers.
- Track key performance metrics throughout the design process to ensure quality, efficiency, and high customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Establish and maintain strong A&D relationships driving new design and sales opportunities.
- Build upon and strengthen our Vendor relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, NCIDQ certified preferred.
- 5+ years of commercial design experience.
- Experience with all phases of design, including concept development, 3D rendering, client presentations, and project management.
- Experience supervising and managing staff
- Self- motivated, detail-oriented manager with proven success in team building, customer service, and problem solving
- A commitment to delivering outstanding service to clientele
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong creative vision and taste while being mindful of client constraints
- High level of comfort working with multiple project schedules (timelines, quantities, etc.)
- Fluency in AutoCAD, CET, and other modeling software programs a plus
Send resumes to email@example.com
Workplace Consultant, A&D Strategic Alliances – Atmosphere Commercial Interiors
Workplace Consultant, A&D Strategic Alliances
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors
Do you have a passion for making meaningful connections and growing your network within the Minneapolis market? Are you a driven, motivated person who has a love for staying ahead of industry trends, products, and applications? Do you like strategizing with a team to help win business and ensure client satisfaction? If so, the Workplace Consultant, Strategic Alliances A & D role may be the perfect fit!
Atmosphere is a dynamic, fast-paced company. Success in the Strategic Alliances A&D role depends on your ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the A&D community, raise awareness of the Atmosphere and Steelcase brands and range of products and services, demonstrate clear, consistent communication and listening skills, and win new business opportunities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key A&D partners to help generate and identify new business opportunities through a demonstrated personality that is professional, positive, high-energy and emotionally intelligent.
- Support the RFP process by participating in strategic development and design solutions
- Work collaboratively with Atmosphere leaders, marketing, sales team members and extended Steelcase partners.
- Able to generate and identify new business through the design community.
- Raise awareness and excitement for the Atmosphere brand through events, presentations and materials.
- Identify and participate in networking opportunities and activities (whether in person or virtually) that include industry professional associations, event sponsorships and CEUs.
- Participate in outreach activities such as forums, student mentoring, and other community-involvement activities within the industry.
- Demonstrate a passionate understanding of current workplace issues, trends, and solutions to help educate and support the design community and clients looking for specific business results
- Assist clients with pricing, budgets and alternate recommendations.
- Demonstrates passion for design, innovation and creativity
Core Strengths / Attributes
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
- Demonstrates Accountability: Strong self discipline and motivation. Shows initiative, takes responsibility for work and actions, high level of integrity.
- Strategizes and Problem Solves: Problem solving orientation; critical thinking skills; understands how their work relates to the overall business strategy; generates new ideas that add value; ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Continuous Learner: Self-directed, learns and advances from experiences and feedback, stays informed of industry trends, products and applications.
- Demonstrates Courage: Appropriately challenges and debates; creates positive tension to drive success; takes risks and champions new ideas.
- Internal: Collaborate with all Atmosphere Departments to ensure smooth workflow and flawless execution.
- External: Engage with clients, vendors, network dealers, business partners, contractors and other industry professionals to maintain a positive working relationship and ensure flawless execution.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (BA or BS in Interior Design and/or Architecture, or other design-related degree)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically effective in creating visually impactful PowerPoint presentations
- Flexibility in workday to include evenings and nights for special events, on occasion
- Ability to travel outside of the office, including occasional overnight travel
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills that shows energy, builds trust, and demonstrates respect and empathy
- Commercial furniture or design firm experience
- Experience and comfortability in networking and presenting to people of all employment levels
- Experience in using personal social media as a business tool
- Basic knowledge of CET, REVIT, Sketchup, industry budgeting tools and/or Salesforce
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To apply, go to Atmosphere’s job posting at: www.atmosphereci.com/careers/workplace-consultant-ad-strategic-alliances/