The IIDA Northland Chapter invites you to post your company’s open positions on our site.
All Members and Annual Chapter Sponsors may post positions for free.
For everyone else, the cost to post is $50 per posting.
Submit your job posting HERE
Please use the file uploader on the form to provide the job description and application instructions. We will link to your website or a specific web page if requested. If your job opening fills, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can remove the posting from this page. We reserve the right to remove postings after two months.
The following opportunities have been posted by employers in the region and have not been edited or verified.
Contact the person listed for more information about a posting.
Current Job Postings
Workplace Consultant, A&D Strategic Alliances – Atmosphere Commercial Interiors
Workplace Consultant, A&D Strategic Alliances
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors
Do you have a passion for making meaningful connections and growing your network within the Minneapolis market? Are you a driven, motivated person who has a love for staying ahead of industry trends, products, and applications? Do you like strategizing with a team to help win business and ensure client satisfaction? If so, the Workplace Consultant, Strategic Alliances A & D role may be the perfect fit!
Atmosphere is a dynamic, fast-paced company. Success in the Strategic Alliances A&D role depends on your ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the A&D community, raise awareness of the Atmosphere and Steelcase brands and range of products and services, demonstrate clear, consistent communication and listening skills, and win new business opportunities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key A&D partners to help generate and identify new business opportunities through a demonstrated personality that is professional, positive, high-energy and emotionally intelligent.
- Support the RFP process by participating in strategic development and design solutions
- Work collaboratively with Atmosphere leaders, marketing, sales team members and extended Steelcase partners.
- Able to generate and identify new business through the design community.
- Raise awareness and excitement for the Atmosphere brand through events, presentations and materials.
- Identify and participate in networking opportunities and activities (whether in person or virtually) that include industry professional associations, event sponsorships and CEUs.
- Participate in outreach activities such as forums, student mentoring, and other community-involvement activities within the industry.
- Demonstrate a passionate understanding of current workplace issues, trends, and solutions to help educate and support the design community and clients looking for specific business results
- Assist clients with pricing, budgets and alternate recommendations.
- Demonstrates passion for design, innovation and creativity
Core Strengths / Attributes
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
- Demonstrates Accountability: Strong self discipline and motivation. Shows initiative, takes responsibility for work and actions, high level of integrity.
- Strategizes and Problem Solves: Problem solving orientation; critical thinking skills; understands how their work relates to the overall business strategy; generates new ideas that add value; ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Continuous Learner: Self-directed, learns and advances from experiences and feedback, stays informed of industry trends, products and applications.
- Demonstrates Courage: Appropriately challenges and debates; creates positive tension to drive success; takes risks and champions new ideas.
- Internal: Collaborate with all Atmosphere Departments to ensure smooth workflow and flawless execution.
- External: Engage with clients, vendors, network dealers, business partners, contractors and other industry professionals to maintain a positive working relationship and ensure flawless execution.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (BA or BS in Interior Design and/or Architecture, or other design-related degree)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically effective in creating visually impactful PowerPoint presentations
- Flexibility in workday to include evenings and nights for special events, on occasion
- Ability to travel outside of the office, including occasional overnight travel
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills that shows energy, builds trust, and demonstrates respect and empathy
- Commercial furniture or design firm experience
- Experience and comfortability in networking and presenting to people of all employment levels
- Experience in using personal social media as a business tool
- Basic knowledge of CET, REVIT, Sketchup, industry budgeting tools and/or Salesforce
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To apply, go to Atmosphere’s job posting at: www.atmosphereci.com/careers/workplace-consultant-ad-strategic-alliances/
Account Manager/Interior Designer – iSpace Environments
Account Manager/Interior Designer
iSpace Environments is in search of an Account Manager/Interior Designer! The role of the Account Manager/Interior Designer is to manage the account relationships by meeting and exceeding the customers’ expectations consistently and keeping a sustainable book of business. Provides design services for assigned accounts and projects (see Senior Interior Designer job description).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Proactively manages & develops day-to-day Relationships with Assigned Customers:
- Able to manage basic client issue resolution with minimal support
- Initiate customer conversations for projects frequently (may vary by customer) to:
- Ensure iSpace is current with monthly revenue projections
- Receive customer requests, manage customer expectations and communicate/delegate to internal teams
- Clearly communicate iSpace deliverables, customer requirements and timeline needs to ensure iSpace is positioned to execute a successful project
- Clearly communicate payment terms relating to timeline needs
(deposit invoice requirements)
- Obtain customer decisions, feedback, and approvals in support of project timelines
- Signed proposals
- Signed Scope of Work
- Schedule site visits with appropriate
- Schedule site visits with appropriate internal resources at various phases of the projects
- Ensure customer requirements are proactively communicated
- Perform Project Management duties on projects that don’t have an assigned Project Manager.
- Regularly communicate project updates and recaps to customers.
- Complete meeting recaps, task lists/next steps, follow up items, and status.
- Manage punch through Project Coordinator.
- Recognize the need for CO’s and communicate to customers in a timely manner
- Utilize Scope Of Work as a tool to hold internal and external customer accountable to their deliverables to ensure successful and timely project completion
- Work with Field Services to communicate all punch list items and keep customer updated through to completion
- Participates in client walkthrough, training, and sign-off as needed (defined in Handoff meetings who will be responsible at the project level)
- Successfully hand off all projects that required a Project Manager assigned per stated project qualifications
2. Manage all Internal/External Communications and Meetings for Assigned Projects:
- The position is responsible for identifying the appropriate level of communication needed for each project (scalability) adjusting meeting content, attendees and project options based on current client or project issues
- The position recognizes new business opportunities with assigned clients
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date forecast
- Regularly participates in sales activities that drive revenue to meet annual sales goals
- Creates projects and delegates initial tasks at the appropriate times to the design, project and installation teams
- Update projects with current documentation (proposals, SOW, notes and status)
- Use/distribute Project Workbooks for each project to provide Accounting and Operations details needed to successfully complete their roles within the project
- Using the Handoff Meeting, Kickoff Meeting and Post Op Meeting agendas; schedule, facilitate and lead meetings for all assigned projects/events when necessary based on size and scope of work, or as directed by management and/or leadership
- Work with Field and Project Managers (PMs) to confirm completion of customer requirements prior to installation
- Create and disseminate project timelines based on project complexity, customer needs, and internal resources
- Delegate CO creation to Design team or PM
- Approve final paperwork for invoicing; work with accounting to approve margin variances prior to sending to customer
- Approve Invoice in a timely manner (3 business days)
- Send customer all final project documentation: as-builts, code, client sign-off, survey request and transition/introduction to iSpace team
- Obtain estimates for billable labor from the appropriate resources as defined: Design, Project Management, Field Services
3. Serve as a Steward of iSpace Core Values and Brand
- Excellence: Be the Best. Commit to the Customer Experience. Attention to Details.
- Integrity: Be Genuine. Dependable. Empathetic.
- Expertise: Be an Authority. Knowledgeable. Confident.
- Creativity: Be Visionary. Inventive. Authentic.
- Work Ethic: Be Tenacious. Execute. Teamwork.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Adaptability – Accepts criticism and feedback. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Manages competing demands.
Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation – Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner. Establishes and maintains effective relations. Exhibits tact and consideration. Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Works actively to resolve conflicts. Works cooperatively in group situations.
Customer Service – Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Sales Skills – Achieves sales goals; overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence; initiates new contacts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience in Interior, Industrial or Architectural Design and 5+ years’ experience in furniture/office/space planning or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Dealership experience preferable. Knowledge of building codes for furniture design required.
2+ years demonstrated success in a deadline driven, customer-experience based business model requiring strong project management skills.
External candidates: 5+ experience in a customer-facing role with some project management experience required. Minimum of 5 years office furniture or design experience.
Internal candidates: typically 2+ years successful performance with iSpace, leading to a strong understanding of iSpace’s business model and knowledge of Client Service department
Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Software proficiency – ability to become proficient in others as needed. Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD and specification software(s).
- Strong customer focus with solution orientation
- Must possess strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong, effective communication with coworkers and clients at various levels
- Desire and ability to succeed in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Must be flexible and adept with multi-tasking and changing priorities
- Detail and organizational skills are essential for success
- Ability to manage multiple projects and delegate to other team members
- Must have proven ability to collaborate within teams and cross-functionally and meet deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to work beyond a normal work schedule during peak periods to ensure client needs are met.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
iSpace Environments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis under law.