The following opportunities have been posted by employers in the region and have not been edited or verified.
Contact the person listed for more information about a posting.
The IIDA Northland Chapter invites you to post your company’s open positions on our site. If you have a position open that you would like to advertise, please send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The job postings on this page are text only – no graphics or logos, and will not contain linked documents such as PDFs or Word documents.We will link to your website or a specific web page if requested. You may email the text in Word format, txt format, or simply text within an email message. If your job opening fills, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can remove the posting from this page. We reserve the right to remove postings after two months.
Current Job Postings
HMA Architects - Interior Designer
Candidates must demonstrate initiative and ability to contribute to our team, focus on innovative design
solutions, HMA’s procedures, standards and quality expectations and client service.
Successful candidates should possess the following qualifications & skills:
● Professional degree in interior design, or related discipline
● Registration preferred
● 3+ years of experience in commercial interior design and/or project management
● Experience in all phase and aspects of a project, from programming through construction. This
includes furniture planning, finish selection, construction documentation and project management
● Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUp proficiency, highly valued and preferred
● Effective verbal and written communication skills
● Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
● Collaborative and professional work ethic
● Interest in completing your NQIDQ exams
We offer a competitive salary based on skill and experience. Our benefit package includes paid vacation
and holidays, 401(K) plan, pre-tax Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts and dental coverage.
Please visit our website for more information.
Qualified candidates should email a letter of interest and resume to:
RSP - Interior Designer
Interior Designer – RSP Architects is looking for creative, smart, Interior Designer to join our Corporate Workplace Team. The 40 members of our Corporate Workplace Team work with Fortune 50 corporate clients to deliver dynamic work-spaces across the globe. Our ideal candidate is passionate about design, particular about the details and craves collaboration.
RSP - Senior Interior Designer
Senior Interior Designer
Senior Project Interior Design – Our team is currently looking for an experienced Senior Project Interior Designer. This candidate has exceptional design skills, is able to market and maintain client relationships, is service oriented, mentors and fosters a respectful environment with junior design staff. They will lead, create, interpret, organize and execute the design vision throughout the project. The Senior Project Interior Designer is an integral part of the architectural and interior design team, supporting both development of the interior design efforts and implementation of that vision.
Ceramic Tileworks - Architectural Representative
Ceramic Tileworks is hiring a full time Architectural Rep to work the Minneapolis/St. Paul and greater Minnesota markets. We are looking for an energetic, design oriented, sales driven addition to our team. This person should be an excellent communicator and a self-motivated creative thinker, with the ability to convert leads into sales.
Ceramic Tileworks is a locally owned and operated ceramic, porcelain, glass, and stone tile importer and distributor. Dedicated to being the leading resource for innovative products, design assistance, and technical information, we serve architects, dealers, designers, and tile contractors, in both commercial and residential markets. Visit our website for more information about our organization: www.ceramictileworksmn.com
- Identify and establish relationships with architectural and design firms
- Perform regular product knowledge seminars with architectural and design firms
- Respond to the market by providing value through being a knowledgeable rep with quick follow up
- Conduct sales calls that promote new and existing products
- Follow up on leads that generate new business
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous experience in calling on the A&D community
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- BS degree or equivalent combination of education, training or sales experience
- Ability to determine customer needs and offer solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outgoing personality and relationship building skills
- Computer skills, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
Interested candidates please send resume to email@example.com
Intereum - Interior Designer
Intereum is Minnesota’s only Certified Herman Miller workplace environment specialist. We create inspiring spaces to work, learn, and heal. Intereum is a full-service resource that implements solutions in commercial furnishings and audio-visual technology. Transforming spaces from ordinary to extraordinary, Intereum sees things others can’t see and utilizes tools others don’t have. With business acumen, a rich culture, and an integrated process, Intereum has grown to become a top regional choice for office renovation, reconfiguration, and completely new office environments.
OUR PURPOSE: Delivering environments that inspire work, learning, and healing
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Positive Can-do Attitude
- Quality Driven Throughout
- Do the Right Thing
- Continuous Improvement
- Plays Well with Others
The primary responsibility of the designer is to provide technical design support & direction on projects for our
corporate clients. Responsibilities include design development, developing contract furnishing budgets,
furniture selection, specifications and pricing for projects generated by corporate sales.
Designer is responsible for providing our clients with quality efficient solutions that will result in a high level of
customer satisfaction & loyalty.
A. Define Needs
- Establish project goals & objectives
- Furniture needs analysis
- Establish project budget & schedule
- Determine design services needed
- Present design services for approval
B. Evaluate Options
- Develop furniture typicals
- Develop block plans
- Generate preliminary budget
- Field verification
C. Finalize Recommendation
- Finalize furniture typicals
- Finalize furniture plans
- Select finishes
- Generate custom products/specials
- Generate shop & submittal drawings
- Coordinate electrical/data locations
- Field verification
- Prepare furniture product lists
- Finalize furniture specs & pricing
- Spec check
D. Approve Solution
- Obtain approved furniture drawings
- Prepare proposals
- Prepare installation drawings & documents
- Participate in pre-install meetings
- Participate in final punch walk-thru
- 2-5 years of experience in interior design or closely related technical services or products industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of the basics of interior commercial construction, architecture and design, real estate and contract furnishings.
- Experience and good comfort level with presenting to clients alongside salesperson.
- Furniture dealership experience preferred.
- Initiative: Able to bring innovative ideas and designs forward. Leverage Intereum people, processes & tools. Lead actions and decisions. Identify and use best practices. Be proactive and resourceful.
- Positive can-do attitude. Be engaged and involved.
- Communication: Able to be responsive. Provide proactive communication. Follow thru on commitments. Drive effective communication across teams and with customers. Ability to inform both verbally and written. Able to communicate ideas through proposals and drawings in a thoughtful yet compelling manner.
- Customer Focus: Able to satisfy the expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers. Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect. Provide accurate information so customers can make informed decisions/choices. Dedicate yourself to making a meaningful impact with customers.
- Teamwork: Able to contribute to a joint action equaling a desired result. Practice patience and cooperation. Provide pertinent information and skills. Treat everyone with dignity, value their contributions and help one another succeed.
- Design: Skilled at translating concepts into complete and accurate drawings & specifications in realistic time periods. Is capable of accurately assessing architectural field conditions and understanding interfaces between building systems and modular products. Develop creative and effective solutions. Add value & value engineering techniques to design solutions.
- Time Management: Adept at prioritizing deliverables and maintaining focus on multiple projects at one time. Utilize time and resources efficiently and effectively. Prioritizes and meet deadlines.
- Technical Proficiency: Adept at using technological tools including AutoCAD, rendering software, Microsoft Office Suite and other systems specifically designed for the commercial furniture/modular wall industry and Intereum process support software. Willingness to learn new systems and programs.
Interested candidates please contact Jackie Chodl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blu Dot Design & Manufacturing, Inc. - Trade + Contract Service Specialist
Trade + Contract Service Specialist
Blu Dot (www.bludot.com) is an innovative, modern home furnishings company based in Minneapolis. The environment is dynamic and creative and the perfect fit for someone interested in making a meaningful contribution to a fast-growing, successful design focused company.
Position Function: To provide order management and customer service support for Trade and Office Dealer accounts. Contribute to the growth of the trade channel through the execution of exceptional customer service and support.
- 3-5 years of experience with direct-contact customer or client services
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent working experience
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite, and general CRM or ticketing system knowledge
- Background in design or creative arts – experience within the furniture industry preferred
- Process all incoming Blu Dot trade and Dealer orders (and requested Quotes) and issue order confirmations to customer within 24 hours of receipt
- Manage and enter all incoming returns and service order requests within 24 hours of receipt
- Coordinate order shipping with customers; obtain contact info and correct billing addresses and provide expedited quotes upon request
- Partner with AR to maintain accurate delivery billing records
- Manage and ship all customer backorders where applicable
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer and sales records in Great Plains and Magento
- Alert direct supervisor to any inaccuracies found in GP, Magento or on Bludot.com regarding pricing, product information, inventory, etc.
- Assist in customer driven order placement issues or service through Blu Dot Trade specific website
- Account setup via applicable business software
- Represent and expand the customer’s connection to the Blu Dot brand through a personable and professional demeanor
- Provide outstanding customer service by handling all merchandise returns and customer issues in a positive and expeditions manner
- Respond to all incoming emails and phone calls within 24 hours
- Log- in to trade line phone system during predesignated times, assuring availability during business hours
- Communicate an in depth working knowledge of product construction and care to customers and aid them in selecting the best products for their desired functionality
- Suggest additional items for purchase based on assessment of customers’ needs
- Utilize problem solving skills to swiftly determine the best solution to service issues while remaining mindful of company policies
- Provide customer quote and complete bid documents upon customer’s request and as required
- Communicate in stock status and lead times to customers as requested
- Provide assembly instructions to customers as needed
- Provide catalogs, samples, and marketing materials to customers upon request – utilizing our third-party swatch fulfillment site
- Continually maintain order and efficiency of the email@example.com email box via Help Scout
- Communicate customer feedback to direct supervisor
- Help with marketing functions such as newsletters and Trade mailings, with special attention given to the efforts of the new Trade Site
- Assist in quality control efforts by requesting photos from customer of damaged or defective goods when necessary, properly noting issues in GP and Magento where applicable, and alerting the QC team and direct supervisor of elevated issues
- Maintain company trade publication subscriptions
- Assist with company new customer prospecting efforts as directed
- Stay apprised of industry trends and best practices
- Attend and participate in Trade team meetings, as well as one-on-one meetings with direct supervisor
- Attend and participate upon request quarterly company meetings as scheduled by executive team
- Attend and participate in scheduled training sessions
- Other projects as assigned
Compensation: Compensation is based on experience and qualifications. Benefits for full time salaried employees include paid vacation, 401(k) plan, group medical insurance, long term disability insurance, flexible spending plan, and employee discounts on product.
Application process: https://www.bludot.com/connect/careers/
ATS&R - Interior Designer
ATS&R is a full-service Architectural firm specializing in the educational market and seeking an experienced Interior Designer.
We are looking for a creative, energetic and dependable Interior Designer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a motivated and driven designer with proven capabilities who understands all phases of design. Experience in the K-12 education market is a plus!
Key responsibilities include:
- Involvement in elements of all phases of the design process including programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and knowledge of construction administration.
- Prepares required layouts, sketches, imagery, renderings, boards and space plans required to convey design intent.
- Preparation and delivery of client presentations
- Interior space planning
- Preparation of construction documents
- Selection and research of finishes/materials for specifications and schedules. Coordinates color and material palettes and prepares presentation boards
- FF&E layouts, specs, schedules, finish selections and cost estimating
- Follows and speaks to current industry trends on educational facilities, space, function, finishes, furniture, etc.
- Shop drawing review and construction administration for interior detailing
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Travel required for some projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA Interior Design from a CIDA accredited school
- Prefer CIDQ Certification and LEED accreditation
- 3+ years experience in an interior design role
- Education design experience is preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch-UP a benefit.
- Strong organizational and design skills
- Creative problem solver and ability to collaborate
- Concise and articulate written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Please submit resume/portfolio to Kara Rise at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Princeton University - Senior Interior Designer
Senior Interior Designer
Princeton University’s Department of Facilities, Office of Capital Projects (OCP), seeks a Senior Interior Designer to join a dynamic team of professional designers. The Senior Interior Designer will report to the Program Manager, Campus Interiors, and be a member of the design team comprising of five interior designers who work in collaboration with OCP Program and Project Managers and with staff in other Facilities departments, including the Office of the University Architect. Clear and concise communications, orally and written, is key at all levels from senior executives to individual clients to project teams to contractors. Establishing and monitoring client expectations and soliciting client feedback is critical for the Senior Designer in order to succeed in delivering a successful project on time and within budget. The Senior Designer will be responsible for projects that range from the renovation of a single faculty office to being a part of a larger team for new capital projects with budget responsibilities ranging from $1,500 to $7,000,000. The emphasis will be on academic spaces, administrative office spaces, residential living housing and student centers. The Senior Designer portfolio of work will include a wide range of project types, up to 50-60 projects annually with an estimated average spend of $ 4,000,000.The Senior Designer will need to excel in a complex, active environment where priorities require continuous monitoring and adjustments. This ability to prioritize is extremely critical especially during the academic breaks when the workload will increase substantially. This is a three year term, benefits, eligible position. Responsibilities
- • Manage all phases of small and large interior design projects through the entire project life-cycle, including project set-up, cost estimates, design, installation, administration and post occupancy. Work in collaboration with capital project teams, managing internal and external designers to insure that University goals and standards are met.
- • Manage project scheduling, budgets and set-up with sub-contractors, vendors and consultants. Track and report on financial performance of projects to senior management.
- • Prepare project scopes, negotiate contracts and fees, and coordinate bidding process and analysis. Ensure projects conform to contract and approved scope.
- • Direct, organize, and mentor junior staff with responsibility to oversight.
- • Maintain furniture and interior design standards. Drive value engineering exercises to continuously improve design standards and mitigate unnecessary costs.
- • Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects are completed on time and within client expectations and within budget.
Qualifications The successful candidate has strong interior design experience, preferably in higher education, with involvement in all phases of the interior design process and can demonstrate creative involvement with strong project and organizational management skills. Additional requirements include:
- • Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited higher education institution.
- • Diverse interior design experience including a minimum of seven years project lead and management.
- • Strong project management skills including defining scope, preparing and managing project budgets and bringing projects in on schedule. Has the ability to lead and successfully work within a cross functional team.
- • Experience in programming and conducting user group data collection interviews, establishing space, finishes and furnishings requirements.
- • Strong knowledge of materials and specifications, furniture sourcing and vendor resources.
- • The ability to select, specify and develop finish palettes and prepare furniture specifications and bid packages, including the leveling of the bid packages. Working knowledge of construction details and mill-work.
- • Highly organized and able to envision and manage multiple interior projects in various phases simultaneously.
- • Successful track record directing and coordinating work efforts of junior staff with thoughtful, inspirational and collaborative leadership.
- • Highly developed communication and presentation skills, specifically with senior management, clients and consultants.
- • Talented, self-motivated designer with significant technical ability. Highly organized with acute attention to detail.
- • Have a general knowledge of applicable building codes, sustainability, wellness and ADA requirements.
- • Proficiency in AutoCAD and all Adobe programs, Sketch-Up, In-Design and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- • Demonstrate the willingness to learn new technology.
- • Higher education design experience, studio and/or in-house.
- • Licenses and Professional Accreditation.
- • LEED AP, WELL AP, NCIDQ, CPM certification.
- • Basic knowledge of Revit and BIM.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Salary Grade ADM, 060
Standard Weekly Hours 36.25
Eligible for Overtime No
Benefits Eligible Yes
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail) Yes
Comments Related to End Date This is a three year term position.
Physical Capacity Exam Required No
Valid Driver’s License Required No
Mohagen Hansen - Director of Interior Design
Director of Interior Design
Do you want to help grow and shape an award-winning Architecture and Interior Design Firm? Are you looking for a work environment that encourages learning, allows creativity, and professional development? If yes, look no further than Mohagen Hansen Architecture | Interiors.
In this Director of Interior Design role, you will lead the Firm’s Interior Design Department, create marketing strategies to attract and obtain new clients and work with Principals, Architects and other team members to develop design concepts, color/finish selections and furniture selections for interior architectural projects from schematic design phases through the construction administration phases.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees the Interior Design Department and management of the interiors group.
- Collaborates with Firm Principals to develop interior design goals and objectives for Firm.
- Creates and establishes marketing strategies for the interior design department.
- Determines network marketing strategies and resources to attract new clients.
- Oversees and develops interior design concepts, color/finish selections and furniture selections for commercial architectural projects.
- Advances the interior design concepts to ensure the Firm is competitive in the interior design market.
- Supervises interior designers and projects ranging in size and complexity.
- Ensures timely and effective management and delivery of interior designs and plans to ensure project goals, objectives and clients are being satisfied.
- Leads the creative design direction during the conceptual and schematic phases on various projects.
- Independently develops new and unique approaches on design solutions.
- Sets budget for interior design projects and writes fee proposals.
- Is the primary contact for clients on interior design projects and builds effective long-term client relationships.
- Analyses client problems and determines and develops interior design solutions.
- Mentors and develops interior designer’s skill sets and other staff members on interior design concepts to create a learning and growing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited program with at least 15 years of commercial interior design experience including ten years of experience with furniture applications is required.
- Must have a NCIDQ and CID certification.
- At least five years of experience leading or supervising interior designers in an architectural work setting.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and Sketch-up, with an emphasis on 3D presentation.
- Has a solid understanding and application of interior design principles, practices and concepts.
- Ability to design creative and effective design solutions.
Mohagen Hansen Architecture | Interiors was founded in 1989. Since that time, the firm has evolved into a full-service architecture and interior design firm, today maintaining a staff of 42 full-time professionals. Our services include a full spectrum of programming, planning, design and interior design services to corporate office, government, healthcare, dental, financial and office/warehouse clients.
In addition, our firm offers competitive salary and benefits, a great team working environment and learning opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about our growing, dynamic firm, visit our website at www.mohagenhansen.com
Schmidt Goodman Office Products, Inc. - Account Manager
We are looking for a self-motivated, results driven individual to join our sales team to assist customers in providing inspiring and healthy learning, healing and work environments in our So MN and Western WI market area. We are a commercial office furniture dealership representing STEELCASE, HON, National as well as many other product solutions within the Education, Healthcare and Commercial markets.
POSITION: Account Manager
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage with new and existing customers in an established sales territory to provide space planning and commercial furniture solutions.
- Expand and grow relationships within the market territory to increase company exposure and drive revenue
- Develop and maintain a healthy pipeline of sales opportunities.
- Collaborate and communicate with team members to develop product and service solutions that maximize value to our customers.
- Understand GPO’s, contracts, and manufacturer pricing structures.
- Develop market strategies and tactics to gain recognition in the marketplace as well as win new clients.
- Direct the sales cycle: find, strategize, present, win, execute.
- Respond to bids and requests for proposal in a timely and strategic manner to maximize the opportunity to win.
- Engage and communicate with customer stakeholders and team members to successfully execute projects by conducting key meetings, clearly establishing roles and responsibilities to develop and execute a turnkey solution from concept to completion.
- 3+ years sales experience
- College degree preferred
- Prefer experience in Commercial Furniture, Interior Space Planning/Design or B2B sales, but not required.
- Healthcare or Educational related job experience is a plus.
- Self-Motivated, confident, competitive and energetic personality
- Strategic/Solution based sales philosophy
- Excellent time management skills, with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritizing and project management
- Competency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player and be able to work collaboratively as well as independently
Job Type: Full Time
Qualified candidates may reach out to Sales Manager, Carilee Sutton, to submit resume at:
UrbanWorks Architecture - Interior Designer
UrbanWorks Architecture is a dynamic, team-oriented design firm that specializes in multi-family and urban infill projects. We are currently looking for a talented and dedicated individual for a full time, Interior Designer position. Those with proven creative perspective, a collaborative nature and detail oriented leadership skills are encouraged to apply.
As an Interior Designer you will be responsible for leading the design of interior architectural projects from schematic design through Construction Administration. You will be responsible for collaborating with the Architectural team, clients, contractors and vendors. You will lead all aspects of the design process while respecting client goals, budgets and project schedules. This role requires competent knowledge in creating space plans, visual presentations, finish materials and construction documents.
- Bachelor Degree in Interior design or Architecture from an accredited institution.
- 3 or more years’ experience as an interior designer.
- Experience with Commercial projects, preferably in the corporate or hospitality market.
- Proficiency with Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Lumion, or other modeling software
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
- Self-motivated disposition with a desire for professional growth.
- Affable personality, with a strong work ethic and sense of humor.UrbanWorks offers a competitive salary and full benefits package, including health, dental, life and disability insurance; flexible scheduling and paid time off; 401(k); parking; continuing education; and reimbursement for professional society memberships. We are an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity employer.Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and sample of their work to email@example.com. If you have questions regarding our application process, please call (612) 455-3100.UrbanWorks Architecture was selected as one of Minnesota Business Magazine’s 100 Best Companies To Work For in 2018! Please visit http://urban-works.com/careers/ to learn more about this great career opportunity!
General Office Products - A+D Market Manager
A+D Market Manager
The primary goal for this position is to promote General Office Products’ capabilities and services by keeping the architecture and design community up to date with current furniture trends across all markets and aligning us with Steelcase as our main manufacturer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements and maintains the A+D strategy and initiatives with Sales Management.
- Increases market presence within the local design community while representing the GOP brand.
- Create and deliver presentations on a regular basis for strategic A+D firms, including Steelcase CEU presentations.
- Identifies new opportunities/projects within strategic A+D firms and work with GOP team to close sale.
- Develops and maintains strong network within A+D Community.
- Updates Steelcase branded literatures for firms not on Steelcase “Strategic Account” list.
- Participates and presents products/services with the team during project interviews.
- Builds strong relationships through visibility at IIDA and other professional organizations.
- Emphasizes GOP services and key product differentiators.
- Conducts yearly executive reviews with strategic A+D firms.
- Works to achieve Key Performance Indicator goals as set by Sales Management.
- Prospects for A+D related opportunities utilizing company provided leads.
- Attends and participates in all sales, training, and company meetings as scheduled by Sales Management.
- Works in tandem on planning events and initiatives to overall A+D, CRE and clients of major accounts with Business Development team.
- Maintains up-to-date project information and provides status reports as requested.
- Maintains complete transparency in all aspects of the job.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or other related field.
- Three years previous outside sales or interior design experience.
- Exceptional computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written, technical and communication skills.
- Assertive, flexible and displays a strong sense of urgency.
- Effective interpersonal skills and able to successfully present products/services.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Background in the contract interiors industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer