The IIDA Northland Chapter invites you to post your company’s open positions on our site.
All Members and Annual Chapter Sponsors may post positions for free.
For everyone else, the cost to post is $50 per posting.
Submit your job posting HERE
Please use the file uploader on the form to provide the job description and application instructions. We will link to your website or a specific web page if requested. If your job opening fills, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can remove the posting from this page. We reserve the right to remove postings after two months.
The following opportunities have been posted by employers in the region and have not been edited or verified.
Contact the person listed for more information about a posting.
Current Job Postings
Account Manager/Interior Designer – iSpace Environments
Account Manager/Interior Designer
iSpace Environments is in search of an Account Manager/Interior Designer! The role of the Account Manager/Interior Designer is to manage the account relationships by meeting and exceeding the customers’ expectations consistently and keeping a sustainable book of business. Provides design services for assigned accounts and projects (see Senior Interior Designer job description).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Proactively manages & develops day-to-day Relationships with Assigned Customers:
- Able to manage basic client issue resolution with minimal support
- Initiate customer conversations for projects frequently (may vary by customer) to:
- Ensure iSpace is current with monthly revenue projections
- Receive customer requests, manage customer expectations and communicate/delegate to internal teams
- Clearly communicate iSpace deliverables, customer requirements and timeline needs to ensure iSpace is positioned to execute a successful project
- Clearly communicate payment terms relating to timeline needs
(deposit invoice requirements)
- Obtain customer decisions, feedback, and approvals in support of project timelines
- Signed proposals
- Signed Scope of Work
- Schedule site visits with appropriate
- Schedule site visits with appropriate internal resources at various phases of the projects
- Ensure customer requirements are proactively communicated
- Perform Project Management duties on projects that don’t have an assigned Project Manager.
- Regularly communicate project updates and recaps to customers.
- Complete meeting recaps, task lists/next steps, follow up items, and status.
- Manage punch through Project Coordinator.
- Recognize the need for CO’s and communicate to customers in a timely manner
- Utilize Scope Of Work as a tool to hold internal and external customer accountable to their deliverables to ensure successful and timely project completion
- Work with Field Services to communicate all punch list items and keep customer updated through to completion
- Participates in client walkthrough, training, and sign-off as needed (defined in Handoff meetings who will be responsible at the project level)
- Successfully hand off all projects that required a Project Manager assigned per stated project qualifications
2. Manage all Internal/External Communications and Meetings for Assigned Projects:
- The position is responsible for identifying the appropriate level of communication needed for each project (scalability) adjusting meeting content, attendees and project options based on current client or project issues
- The position recognizes new business opportunities with assigned clients
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date forecast
- Regularly participates in sales activities that drive revenue to meet annual sales goals
- Creates projects and delegates initial tasks at the appropriate times to the design, project and installation teams
- Update projects with current documentation (proposals, SOW, notes and status)
- Use/distribute Project Workbooks for each project to provide Accounting and Operations details needed to successfully complete their roles within the project
- Using the Handoff Meeting, Kickoff Meeting and Post Op Meeting agendas; schedule, facilitate and lead meetings for all assigned projects/events when necessary based on size and scope of work, or as directed by management and/or leadership
- Work with Field and Project Managers (PMs) to confirm completion of customer requirements prior to installation
- Create and disseminate project timelines based on project complexity, customer needs, and internal resources
- Delegate CO creation to Design team or PM
- Approve final paperwork for invoicing; work with accounting to approve margin variances prior to sending to customer
- Approve Invoice in a timely manner (3 business days)
- Send customer all final project documentation: as-builts, code, client sign-off, survey request and transition/introduction to iSpace team
- Obtain estimates for billable labor from the appropriate resources as defined: Design, Project Management, Field Services
3. Serve as a Steward of iSpace Core Values and Brand
- Excellence: Be the Best. Commit to the Customer Experience. Attention to Details.
- Integrity: Be Genuine. Dependable. Empathetic.
- Expertise: Be an Authority. Knowledgeable. Confident.
- Creativity: Be Visionary. Inventive. Authentic.
- Work Ethic: Be Tenacious. Execute. Teamwork.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Adaptability – Accepts criticism and feedback. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Manages competing demands.
Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation – Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner. Establishes and maintains effective relations. Exhibits tact and consideration. Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Works actively to resolve conflicts. Works cooperatively in group situations.
Customer Service – Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Sales Skills – Achieves sales goals; overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence; initiates new contacts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience in Interior, Industrial or Architectural Design and 5+ years’ experience in furniture/office/space planning or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Dealership experience preferable. Knowledge of building codes for furniture design required.
2+ years demonstrated success in a deadline driven, customer-experience based business model requiring strong project management skills.
External candidates: 5+ experience in a customer-facing role with some project management experience required. Minimum of 5 years office furniture or design experience.
Internal candidates: typically 2+ years successful performance with iSpace, leading to a strong understanding of iSpace’s business model and knowledge of Client Service department
Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Software proficiency – ability to become proficient in others as needed. Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD and specification software(s).
- Strong customer focus with solution orientation
- Must possess strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong, effective communication with coworkers and clients at various levels
- Desire and ability to succeed in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Must be flexible and adept with multi-tasking and changing priorities
- Detail and organizational skills are essential for success
- Ability to manage multiple projects and delegate to other team members
- Must have proven ability to collaborate within teams and cross-functionally and meet deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to work beyond a normal work schedule during peak periods to ensure client needs are met.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
iSpace Environments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis under law.
Interior Designer – Cuningham Group Architecture
Cuningham Group Architecture
Cuningham Group, an award-winning architecture firm with 8 offices around the world, is seeking a highly creative Interior Designer for our Minneapolis office. We are looking for a motivated, inventive individual committed to high quality, hospitality-style design to join our team.
This is an atypical role that it requires an extreme level of artistry, innovative ideas, and three-dimensional thinking. Successful candidates will be responsible for leading interior design on multiple projects by collaborating on design, product sourcing, preparing presentations, material and FF&E selections/specifications, construction
documents and consultant coordination.
This is a great opportunity to regularly ‘think outside of the box’, exploring unique and sometimes fantastical hospitality-style designs. It’s also a great opportunity to build a lasting relationship with an exceptional group of design and construction professionals. How often do you find a job opportunity that is truly about forging lasting relationships and continued creativity with a client who appreciates your imaginative work? You will get to be a part of a special client relationship with a team that focuses on quality and sometimes fanciful design decisions.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, portfolio and cover letter detailing their experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Primarily office-based activity
- Ability to work independently
- Some limited travel within the assigned territory (Wisconsin and Iowa)
- Ability to travel to Canada for training and other Inscape activities (valid passport is needed)
- The role is expected to be full time (40 hours per week) but an 80% (32 hours per week) schedule could be considered
- Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan and paid PTO.
- Work well in a team environment, reporting to lead designer & collaborating with other staff to meet design
goals & deadlines
- Collaborate on conceptual design, then fully develop through various design phases
- Team up on presentation preparations and computer-generated renderings utilizing Photoshop or other
- Assist in creating design presentations at regular fast paced intervals.
- Research, select and specify all furnishings, fixtures & equipment, finishes and lighting.
- Utilizing Revit, prepare construction documents including technical plans, finish plans, elevations, details,
specifications and a complete understanding of a drawing set.
- Establish relationships with team members, consultants and contractors; and coordinate work requests from
them as appropriate.
- Be careful & detailed in your work & time management, planning ahead to comfortably meet deadlines
- Travel for on-site design and coordination meetings will be bi-monthly or monthly for one to three days at a
- Be committed to working with team members in multiple locations.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in interior design. NCIDQ certified is preferred.
- 4-8 years of interior design experience.
- Experience with hospitality interior design. Themed restaurant, Entertainment or Casino experience is a plus.
- Fast idea generation with the ability to adjust in real time.
- Has a passion for following through, from highly creative designs to detailed technical documentation.
- Broad materials selection and installation knowledge
- Be a team player
- Exceptional follow through and the ability to craft a story.
- Possess good communication skills in all forms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Creative Suite required. Experience in Sketch Up, Rhino
or other modeling programs a plus.
- Experience with Revit documentation.
- Flexibility in work schedule. Overtime is
About Cuningham Group Architecture:
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, selfmotivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.