The following opportunities have been posted by employers in the region and have not been edited or verified. Contact the person listed for more information about a posting.
The IIDA Northland Chapter invites you to post your company’s open positions on our site. If you have a position open that you would like to advertise, please send the information to email@example.com. The job postings on this page are text only – no graphics or logos, and will not contain linked documents such as PDFs or Word documents.We will link to your website or a specific web page if requested. You may email the text in Word format, txt format, or simply text within an email message. If your job opening fills, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can remove the posting from this page. We reserve the right to remove postings after two months.
Current Job Postings
Kaas Wilson Architects - Interior Designer II
Interior Designer II
Kaas Wilson Architects
Kaas Wilson Architects is seeking an experienced full-time Interior designer who is looking to practice and collaborate within an open, energetic, and team-oriented design firm that is focused on multi-family housing, senior living, historic preservation, and commercial interiors; with current projects throughout the Midwest. The ideal candidate would be described as creative, confident, detail-oriented, professional, motivated, articulate, fun, and client-ready.
– Team with clients, owners, property managers, and operators to develop interior finish concepts and FF&E packages that are trend-setting and aesthetically pleasing.
– Collaborate with design and architectural staff on with project-oriented efforts, including drafting, modeling, and detailing construction documents related to interiors, tenant improvements, and fit plans.
– Create inspiring and unique ways to graphically represent interior design concepts, using digital media, rendering techniques, and physical materials.
– Develop designs and details that are both functional and aesthetically enhance a living space.
– Plan the use and layout of a space, and coordinating color, furniture, casework, lighting fixtures, etc.
– Prepare accurate finish specifications and documentation for project finishes, furniture and light fixtures.
– Review and approve shop drawings during project construction.
– Coordinate FF&E procurement and installation with furniture dealers.
– Communication and coordination with product and material representatives.
– Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from CIDA accredited program required.
– 2-7 years of experience in an architecture or interior design office setting with experience preparing full construction documents, including interior elevations, finish plans, finish schedules, FFE schedules, RCPs and millwork details.
– NCIDQ certification preferred, otherwise must have interest in pursuing NCIDQ certification.
– Proficiency in construction document production experience in Revit required.
– Proficiency in Creative Adobe Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) required.
– Strong communication and organizational skills required.
– Confident working directly with clients, contractors, architects, and product reps.
– Strong graphic and visualization skills with ability to communicate design ideas.
Submit PDFs of cover letter, resume, and portfolio (maximum size 4 MB) to:
Toni Rescigno, kwa+HR@kaaswilson.com
ESG - Marketing Coordinator Position
Are you looking for a fast-paced work environment where you get to utilize your left AND right brain? Love having a wide variety of projects to work on? Want to work with a team with an extensive set of skills? ESG Architecture & Design currently has an opening for a Marketing Coordinator to join our team. We are seeking an upbeat, ambitious, organized and creative individual to help us elevate our brand and tell our story through multiple vehicles and channels.
In collaboration with our in-house marketing team, the candidate will:
- Support our internal project teams by preparing proposals and presentation materials for prospective and current clients, using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Position involves direct support to company principals with light administrative tasks, Photoshop/InDesign assistance for presentation materials.
- Write, edit and proof a variety of materials.
- Assist in development and maintenance of collateral materials including project lists, data and images; resumes; brochures and case studies, using Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Assist with media relations including writing press releases and coordinating advertising and surveys.
- Seek opportunities for award submittals, speaking engagements and tradeshow appearances and help to coordinate.
- Work with Director to manage and maintain all social media efforts (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter.)
Job Requirements include:
- A good attitude, team spirit and willingness to work hard
- Excellent time management, organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a variety of team members at all levels
- 1-5 years of experience, preferably in the A/E/C industry
- Degree in marketing, communications, graphic design or related field
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER, RESUME, DESIGN AND WRITING SAMPLES, REFERENCES AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO ANDY MCDERMOTT, DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS AT ANDY.MCDERMOTT@ESGARCH.COM
HDR - Interior Designer
Interior Designer – 147050
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Interior Designer, we’ll count on you to:
- Take responsibility for interior design for projects
- Develop functional requirements and project design complexities
- Demonstrate substantial knowledge of interior design and planning principles, building and planning code requirements, specification preparation and organization, construction costs and methods, and contract preparation and negotiation
- Demonstrate experience in concept creation, space planning, selecting interior materials, furniture and furnishings specifications and coordination, lighting design, and detailing
- Take responsibility for assignments with specified objectives that require investigation of many alternatives
- Presentation skills are needed to work with clients on projects of any size.
- Direct work efforts of others, develop detailed design concepts, produce contract documents, interpret ordinances and interpret client needs
- Write specifications covering interior design matters, and perform code reviews
- Coordinate work with other disciplines. Collaboration is key in this coordination.
- Assist other Interior Designers or Technicians, and work in all phases of the interior design process
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design
- 5+ years experience in commercial project types (Healthcare, ES&T, Civic and Workplace-related projects)
- May require NCIDQ exam, ID certificate or license in the state of MN.
- Knowledge of Revit, Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and experience working on large project teams
- Proficiency with and experience using Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Please apply https://hdr.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=147050&lang=en&src=PA-10420
Rypen - Content Specialist Intern
Content Specialist Intern
Rypen is a furniture and lighting design firm that is looking to fill a full-time internship opportunity assisting with updating and adding merchandise and content to our retail website. If you’re interested in or are familiar with interior design and furniture, are detail-oriented, organized, and motivated to be a big part of a small team, Rypen may be just the place for you!
Our studio and showroom is located in NE Minneapolis. We like to have fun, work hard, and create a great online shopping experience for our customers and designers.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Collect and sort product data into an easily digestible format.
- Update product specifications and standard Rypen copy for new and existing products on our retail website.
- Proofread and perform quality assurance to ensure published content is clear / accurate.
- Remove discontinued products from all areas of our retail website.
- Work to keep publishing deadlines for the timely release of new products.
- Participate in meetings to discuss and present product details and sales events.
- Work with other departments to clearly and consistently communicate product updates.
- Crop, touch up, and resize image assets for our retail website.
- Assist with creating social content for Facebook and Pinterest.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Junior or Senior earning a Bachelor’s degree in interior design, architecture, marketing, communications, or related area. Recent grads are also welcome to apply.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Adobe CC; Photoshop & Excel preferred.
- SketchUp, AutoCAD, or Revit experience a plus.
- Previous experience in data-entry and QA preferred.
- Ability to stay organized and work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; creative writing a plus.
- Confidence in creating digestible content in an appealing format.
- Ability to work independently while still functioning in a team environment.
- Rypen is a growing company! We are looking for someone with the desire to grow and expand within this role and with us.
Interested in working at Rypen and participating in the world of interior design while expanding your skills? Send along your cover letter and resume today to email@example.com.
General Office Products - Interior Designer
Great opportunity with an outstanding company!
Looking for a position to grow your design career? Interested in a new challenge in a fast-paced, exciting work environment? And interested in working with an amazing clientele? …join our dynamic design team at General Office Products!
GOP is a leading Steelcase furniture dealership with an exciting opportunity for a qualified Interior Designer. As a privately held company for 54 years, we are a reputable, design focused leader in the contract interiors industry. GOP offers substantial design services to our corporate, healthcare, and higher education clientele.
- Support sales staff, utilizing your expertise in design, concept development & space planning, using a consultative team approach in building client relationships.
- Work with dealership sales and clients to determine project scope, product selection and present design concepts
- Develop space plans, typicals, and renderings
- Create detailed furniture specifications
- Check plans for accuracy and compliance with local codes/ADA requirements
- Fabric and finish selections
- Manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Ideal Skill Sets:
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable and progressive with technology
- Great team player
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative
- Degree in Interior Design, with 3-5 years of commercial design experience
- Proficiency in AutoCad and/or Revit
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Dealership experience preferred and working knowledge of Steelcase systems furniture
- CET Designer (3D rendering software) knowledge a plus
Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting office environment! We offer an exciting performance bonus plan, comprehensive retirement/health benefits, technology & work environment that promotes work mobility and competitive compensation.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit a resume & cover letter to HR@gopco.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Winnebago Industries - Interior Design Manager
Interior Design Manager
Director of Engineering
Eden Prairie, MN
Winnebago Industries, Inc., is a leading United States (U.S.) manufacturer of recreation vehicles (RVs), which are used primarily in leisure travel and outdoor recreation activities. The company builds quality motorhomes, travel trailers, fifth wheel products, and toy haulers under the Winnebago and Grand Design brand names.
Our vision is to help our customers explore the outdoor lifestyle, enabling extraordinary experiences as they travel, live, work and play. We want to be the trusted leader in outdoor lifestyle solutions by providing unmatched innovation, quality, and service in the industries we engage – and create lifetime advocates through a relentless focus on delivering an unsurpassed customer experience.
Manage and lead interior styling activities providing designs meeting program deliverables incorporating anticipated customer requirements at product launch. The interior design specifications will meet the requirements of the product creation process from a timing perspective including technical deliverables and creative impact. Responsible for the RV interior décor and an innovator in layout, space, and function for interiors.
Areas of Responsibility
- Design of all customer visible interior finishes and surface profiles of the RV
- Manage the interior creative staff completing surface development and specifying all finishes to program objectives and customer requirements
- Anticipate customer tastes for interior décor, layout, and functionality while incorporating into a harmonious design supporting the program’s timing, cost, and investment targets
- Develop and incorporate innovative design features to enable the product lines to be market leaders visually and functionally
- Interface, coordinate, and communicate with key organizations (Product Managers, Product Planners, Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Quality) during the creation process
- Provide visual properties to communicate designs through computer generated images, story boards, material, and finish samples, to full scale mock-ups generated in partnership with the prototype and sample shops
- Provide proposals to update aged products to maintain market “freshness” and relevance
- Manage storage of samples and properties maintaining relevant and current quantities ensuring orderly and reasonable facility impact
- Support the control of complexity through balanced standardization across product lines as well as supporting supply base strategies coordinated by purchasing
- Foster effective relationships with key interior suppliers
- Ability to survey the related industries and fashion trends to develop themes and designs relative to the focus customer base at time of product launch.
- Knowledge of current interior materials and surfaces. Ability to follow trends on upcoming materials and analyze viability for incorporation into product lines
- Ability to build cohesive and comprehensive interior design proposals across product lines and for targeted products
- Leadership skills to effectively interact with cross-functional stakeholders and achieve approval for designs created by the interior team
- Managerial and leadership skills to develop an interior team that meets and exceeds the requirements and deliverables of the creation process
- Knowledge of cabinet, flooring, seating, and upholstery design. Knowledge of lighting, kitchen and bath fixture designs and trends
- Ability to exercise strong judgement to balance business needs and achieve objectives
- Excellent oral and presentation skills to communicate designs to upper management for decision making
Required Education and Experience
- 4-year interior design degree
- 10+ years experience in the interior design field
- Presentable portfolio of design work creations
Frequent travel will be required.
Mohagen Hansen Architecture | Interiors - Sr. Interior Designer
Sr. Interior Designer (Commercial)
Do you want to be a part of something big? Are you looking for a work environment that allows creativity, innovation and being part of an award-winning architecture and interior design team? If yes, look no further than Mohagen Hansen Architecture | Interiors.
In this Sr. Interior Design role, you will be involved in design development, space planning, product applications and client relationships, as well as working with multidisciplinary project teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works independently and with Project Managers or the Director of Interior Design to develop design concepts, color/finish selections and furniture selections for commercial interior architectural projects.
- Collaborates with the Director of Interiors, Project Manager and other team members to advance the design concepts.
- Functions as the team interior designer on projects ranging in size and complexity.
- Leads the creative design direction during the conceptual and schematic phases of projects.
- Sets budget for interior design projects and writes fee proposals.
- At times, is the primary contact for clients and builds effective client relationships.
- Involved with analyses of client problems and determines and develops interior design solutions.
- Initiates and creates space plans, three-dimension concepts and materials palettes.
- Prepares and conducts interior design presentations to clients.
- Participates in the development of construction documents and specifications to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Develops, modifies, and reviews interior drawings and corrects and updates documents as required.
- Mentors other interior designers and other staff members on interior design concepts to create a learning and growing environment.
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited program.
- At least ten years of commercial interior design experience including experience with furniture applications.
- Must have a NCIDQ and CID certification.
- Extensive working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and Sketch-up, with an emphasis on 3D presentation.
- Experience in Lumion, Bluebeam and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Above average design aptitude and organizational skills.
- Emphasis on strong customer focus to build effective customer relationships.
- Willingness to take on challenging projects.
Mohagen Hansen Architecture | Interiors was founded in 1989. Since that time, the firm has evolved into a full-service architecture and interior design firm, today maintaining a staff of 40 full-time professionals. Our services include a full spectrum of programming, planning, design and interior design services to corporate office, government, healthcare, dental, financial and office/warehouse clients.
In addition, our firm offers competitive salary and benefits, a great team working environment and learning opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about our growing, dynamic firm, visit our website at www.mohagenhansen.com
h:\job postings\interior designer.docx
ESG Architecture & Design - Interior Designer
Elness Swenson Graham Architects (ESG) is an award winning design firm with a national practice in urban residential, hospitality, workplace environments, branding and graphic design. Since the company’s founding over three decades ago, ESG has helped clients create environments for community, business, and leisure by providing holistic, creative solutions to complex problems. The company’s mission is to enrich the built environment beyond architecture and buildings; to deliver the superior, the timeless, the memorable and the unique; and to design environments that capture the human spirit and uplift our lives.
ESG currently has an opening for a talented Interior Designer with a minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience, competent in covering a wide variety of tasks centered on the interior design process through all phases of design documentation, from conceptual design through construction administration.
- Collaboration with interdisciplinary team on multiple projects and project types.
- Involvement in entire project process, from programming through design and into construction.
- Development of finish plans, drawings, details, models and construction documents.
- Development of furniture budgets and specifications.
- Development of client presentation materials.
- Coordination of product reps, furniture dealers and other project consultants.
- Assistance with project proposals.
- Project Management/Lead Interior Designer role
- Interior Design Degree
- Minimum of 8-10 years of Interior Design experience in commercial architecture and construction field
- Highly motivated, excellent time management and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Collaborative spirit
- Strong understanding and knowledge of commercial design
- High level of conceptual creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to provide efficient and elegant design solutions
- Strong graphical and presentation skills (proficiency in REVIT, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Modeling Software)
- Ability to have a solid working relationship with clients and internal teams
IF YOU MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS LISTED ABOVE, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY WITH YOUR COVER LETTER, RESUME AND PROJECT SAMPLES TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Henricksen - Contract Position, Artwork and Accessories Team
Artwork and Accessories Team – Contract position
Henricksen – Senior Living Group
We are looking for a contract employee to join our artwork and accessories team. Working 20- 30 hours a week, depending on workload. We are a commercial design firm specializing in senior environments. Our work is national and we are based out of Minneapolis MN. We are looking to expand our team to work on the artwork and accessory portion of our projects including doing selections of artwork from a listing of Henricksen approved vendors, doing selections of accessories from approved vendors, as well as being a part of the installation/staging of projects. Must be able to be flexible in hours, work occasional weekends, travel occasionally, have own transportation, and provide your own computer with Microsoft Office. Much of the work can be done from home, and can be done at a time that best fits your daily schedule.
The ideal candidate would have a background or education interior design, experience in home or store staging, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Must be able to take design direction and work well with a team of people. Installations require physical work, must be able to be on your feet for 8-10 hours a day including pushing carts, lifting, packing, and marking. We are looking for someone with a good and fun attitude with a passion for creating home for seniors.
Any visual work that you can share of your work, or your personal design taste would be appreciated.
Henricksen - Interior Designer, Systems Product Application
Interior Designer, Systems Product Application
Henricksen – Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
Seeking a technical designer with systems furniture experience. Job responsibilities include design development, space planning, product application/creative solutions, detailed specifications, renderings and accurate installation drawings.
At Henricksen, we take the time to understand our clients’ needs and suggest appropriate and cost effective product applications to achieve their goals. Successful applicants will have working knowledge of the contract furniture industry.
Interested candidates can direct their cover letter and resume to minnresume@Henricksen.com
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Interior Design degree
- 3-5 years contract design experience
- Systems furniture experience (product application) required
- Proven technical ability (AutoCAD, and SketchUp or other 3D rendering software)
- Experience in CAP preferred, but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Detail orientated with excellent organizational skills
Company Description: Henricksen is a full-service office furniture dealership that represents more than 200 manufacturers of quality contract furniture, flooring, lighting and related products. For 52 years, we have provided our clients a full spectrum of office furniture solutions ranging from a single chair to furnishing an entire new facility. We will exceed your expectations no matter what your needs.
We work with companies large and small in all markets including corporate, hospitality, legal, financial, healthcare, and education.
Henricksen has seven locations throughout the United States, including our corporate headquarters in Itasca, IL; Chicago, IL; Peoria, IL; Madison, WI; Milwaukee, WI; Minneapolis, MN; and New York, NY.
Perkins+Will - Interior Designer II
Interior Designer II
Are you committed to design excellence?
Do you thrive in an environment of collaboration?
Do you have a passion for sustainability?
Do you show a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurship?
If yes, join us in changing the world through design!
As an Interior Designer II on the Perkins+Will team, you will:
- Meticulously support throughout the design process which may include design plans, construction contract documents, elevations and details, reflected ceiling plans, millwork design, furniture layouts, ergonomic dimensions, finish plans, color plans, cost analysis, engineering systems coordination, document checking, schematic design and schedules.
- Have a passion for developing presentations.
- Application of basic elements and principles of design including form, scale, color, texture, pattern, light, balance and proportion.
- Participate in site analysis, including survey of existing conditions and field measurements.
- Work alongside and understand the functional organization of the project team
- Keep organized and check your work for accuracy, omissions, and legibility
- Utilize your rock star technical skills in Revit and other design application software
- Work hard, play hard, and learn a lot along the way!
To join us as an Interior Designer II, you should have:
- A professional degree in Architecture, Design, or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Revit, CAD, graphic design, and 3D modeling and visualization software
- Revit proficiency, strongly preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
- Ability to collaborate with team members and follow instructions
- LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
- Interest in completing your ARE or NCIDQ exams
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 4MB).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Perkins+Will is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D
Perkins+Will is an interdisciplinary, research-based architecture and design firm established in 1935. We are all about creative collaboration with a design focus. We believe that great design has the power to transform lives and enhance communities. We are socially conscious and entrepreneurial, always striving for the best solution with the least impact on our communities. We are a learning organization, pushing for research based design and investing deeply in the professional development of our staff. We are architects, interior designers, urban designers, landscape architects, consultants, and branded environment experts who approach design from all scales and perspectives. With hundreds of award-winning projects annually, Perkins+Will is ranked as one of the top global design firms. To learn more, visit www.perkinswill.com
iSPACE - Interior Designer II
Interior Designer II
Reports To: Design Team Lead
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Summary: Assist and lead design and specification process of assigned design projects in collaboration with sales team for client proposals and design development. Design services include: programming, conceptual design, space planning, commercial furniture specifications, site visits, and furniture installation drawings. Works closely with Sales Team, Account Managers, and Project Managers to ensure a positive and successful client experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1. Interior Designer II Specific Responsibilities:
• With minimal direction, assists in or lead in the design and specification of assigned projects.
• Assists or leads sales and design team members in the preparation of client presentations.
• Leads the effort in ensuring completeness and accuracy of all drawings and specifications before
presenting to the selling team member or client – operates with little to no specification errors.
• Displays in-depth knowledge in design trends and appropriate product application.
• Displays in-depth knowledge of Teknion research and leads in consultative selling efforts.
• Prepares and presents design contracts, assists Associate & Design I team members with contracts.
• Serves as mentor and coach to other design team members.
• Serves as a resource to Associate & Design I team members for final specification checks.
• Displays high level rendering and presentation capability.
• Serves as a champion of a design team metric, responsible for efforts that create a streamlined
2. General Designer Responsibilities:
o Attends client planning meetings; presents plans and information to clients for review and
o Conducts programming by interviewing clients/end/users and produces reports.
o Reviews site; conducts field measurements and plan-to site adherence checks.
o Verifies existing inventory/product if necessary; produces as-built drawings/specifications.
• Design Development
o Develops and presents block/space plans.
o Selects, develops and presents color/finish boards.
o Provides design budgets for projects; maintains daily timesheets; manages actual time against
o Develops product specifications; verifies specifications against plans; produces order-ready
specifications utilizing technology; verifies accuracy.
o Manages changes and revisions.
o Maintains detailed project documentation including records of key decisions, and notes from
• Final Design
o Creates finished working drawings for specification and installation; validates plans against
construction, electrical and A & D drawing set.
o May conduct field review during/after installation with Project Managers and/or installation crew.
o Manages adherence to project schedule and budgets.
o Communicates regularly on assignment status to all parties involved.
o Ensures complete and accurate plans/specifications are order ready. May be required to conduct organizational interfaces with; client, A&D firms, contractors, project managers, sales, sales administration, internal operations personnel, and installation crews
3. Serve as a Steward of iSpace Resources and Brand
• Excellence: Be the Best. Commit to the Customer Experience. Attention to Details.
• Integrity: Be Genuine. Dependable. Empathetic.
• Expertise: Be an Authority. Knowledgeable. Confident.
• Creativity: Be Visionary. Inventive. Authentic.
• Work Ethic: Be Tenacious. Execute. Teamwork.
• Fun: Be Positive. Fresh. Collaborate.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Innovation – Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Displays original thinking and creativity. Generates suggestions for improving work. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect and trust. Motivates others to perform well. Reacts well under pressure. Shows courage to take action.
Planning and Organization – Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities Contributes to building a positive team spirit Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback
Quality – Applies feedback to improve performance. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Interior, Industrial or Architectural Design and 4+ years’ experience in furniture/office/space planning or equivalent combination of education and experience. Dealership experience preferred. Knowledge of building codes for furniture design required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD and specification software(s)
Other Skills and Requirements:
• Solid interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (both oral and written) effectively and professionally with both internal and external clients.
• Understands systems furniture; able to learn and apply new product knowledge.
• Excellent problem solving ability and follow through.
• Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
• Works well under pressure in fast-paced conditions; excels at multi-tasking and prioritizing
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Rypen - Client Specialist
Rypen is seeking a Client Specialist position in our growing company based here in Minneapolis. This mid-level position will work directly with the founder / ceo and service team, and has strong growth potential within the company with diverse exposure to sales, support, and client management. This person must be a ‘go-getter’ that comes to work everyday ready to manage multiple tasks and communicate professionally with people both within the business and customers. The perfect candidate has impeccable communication skills, an acute attention to detail, and an exceptionally enthusiastic and energetic personality.
Rypen is fast-paced and requires someone who is flexible, easily approachable, highly organized, possesses strong analytical skills, and is comfortable working with multiple teams, customers, partners, and management.
– In-office project management of furniture installations (Consumer, Production, and Corporate)
– On-site project management of furniture installations (Travel applies)
– Showroom coordinating
– Troubleshoot customer service issues and provide customer service support
– Customer sales over the phone
– Perform miscellaneous office jobs
– Manage inbound and outbound customer communications
– Develop initiatives to improve Rypen’s customer experience
– Obsess over best in class customer service policies
– Demonstrate a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
– Communicate effectively with coworkers, customers, and high level accounts
– Manage tight deadlines and high expectations with a calm demeanor
– Manage customer logistics
– An interest in social media marketing is a PLUS!
– Experience with SketchUp, CAD, Revit and Photoshop is ideal; some experience with one or more is preferred.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
– An entrepreneurial spirit that demonstrates the ability to multi-task and to work both independently and as part of a team
– Proficient technical capabilities
– A loyal and trust-worthy contributor to the team
– Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a related field
– Experience or ability with customer service and CRM tools
– Good attitude is always a must!
Compensation & Benefits:
– Competitive compensation
– Flexible vacation and sick days
– Work environment that emphasizes collaboration, community, fun, and creativity
– Relaxed dress code – Discounts on shopping!
Interested in working at Rypen and participating in the world of interior design while expanding your skills and growing along with our company? Send along your cover letter and resume today to email@example.com.
Rypen - Junior Content Specialist
Junior Content Specialist
Rypen is a furniture and lighting design firm that is looking to fill a full-time opportunity updating and adding merchandise and content to our retail website, and also assisting with custom product design renderings. If you’re interested in or familiar with home design and furniture, detail-oriented, organized, and motivated to be a big part of a small team, Rypen may be just the place for you!
Our studio and showroom is located in the arts district in NE Minneapolis. We like to have fun, work hard, and create a great online shopping experience for our customers and designers.
Job duties and responsibilities:
– Update product specifications and standard Rypen copy for new and existing products on our retail website.
– Proofread and perform quality assurance checks to ensure published content is clear and accurate.
– Collect and sort product data into an easily digestible format.
– Remove discontinued products from all areas of the retail website.
– Work to keep publishing deadlines for the timely release of new products.
– Participate in merchandise meetings to discuss and present new product details and sales events.
– Work with other departments to clearly and consistently communicate product updates and additions.
– Assist senior level team members with renderings for custom product designs and layouts
– Other duties as assigned.
– Preferred bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English, or related area or an equivalent amount of experience.
– Ability to stay organized and work under tight deadlines.
– Excellent writing and communication skills.
– Preferred creative writing experience is a plus.
– Confidence and familiarity in creating digestible content in an appealing format.
– Previous experience in data-entry and QA is a bonus.
– Experience with SketchUp, CAD, Revit and Photoshop is ideal; some experience with one or more is preferred.
– Ability to work independently while still functioning in a team and inter-departmental environment.
– Familiarity or interest in furniture and interior design is a plus. You’ll be learning a lot about home furnishings and accessories!
– Rypen is a growing company! We are looking for someone with the desire to grow and expand within this role and with us.
Interested in working at Rypen and participating in the world of interior design while expanding your skills and growing along with our company? Send along your cover letter and resume today to firstname.lastname@example.org.