IIDA Northland Chapter awards region's most Fresh, Artistic and Brilliant design work at the annual FAB Awards.
Save the Date:
12th Annual IIDA Northland Chapter FAB Design Awards
April 23, 2015
McNamara Alumni Center
200 Oak Street SE.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
IIDA Members: $90
IIDA Student Members: $50
Student Non-Members: $50
Table of 10: $900
Tickets will go on sale Monday, March 2.
Project registration is now closed.
12th Annual FAB Awards – April 23, 2015
The region's most outstanding interior design work will be recognized at the 12th annual FAB Awards the evening of April 23rd.
- Workplace (office, financial institution, third workplace environments, etc)
- Education (pre-K-12, high ed, dormitory, etc)
- Healthcare (hospital, clinic, assisted living, senior housing)
- Community & Civic (sports & recreation, religious, municipal, governement, institutional, library, museum, etc)
- Hospitality (restaurants, retail, spa, hotel, residential, etc)
Excellence in Design Award
In acknowledgement that the field of interior design cannot always be contained to prescribed project categories, we have included the opportunity for design recognition through the Excellence in Design Award. This category is heavily dependent on the judges discretion to issue one or multiple Excellence in Design Awards (maximum of three awards given). All projects submited, regardless of category, are eligible to win an Excellence in Design Award. Applicants are also invited to submit projects and designs that do not conform to the predetermined categories.
Examples of Excellence in Design Award submissions can include (but are not limited to) the examples listed below.
- Innovative Design Feature
- Innovative Use of Space
- Innovation in Sustainable Design
- Creative Use of Materials
All projects submitted, regardless of category, are eligible to win the Grand Award and will be selected by the judges.
Members’ Choice Award
IIDA Northland members will have the opportunity to preview a single photo and short description of each entry (without design firm identified) before the event and place a vote for one project to receive the Members' Choice Award.
Friday, February 20th, 2015 – Completed registration form and entry fee(s) must be received by 5pm CST
Detailed submission kit and requirements will be emailed to registered Entrants after registration is received.
Monday, March 16th, 2015 – Completed project submission(s) must be received by 5pm CST
Thursday, April 23rd, 2015 – FAB Awards Presentation and Celebration
Member: 1st project $120; each addl is $75
Non-member: 1st project $170; each addl is $125
Each entry in the FAB Awards program is judged for the success with which the project has met its individual requirements and exhibits a Fresh, Artistic, and Brilliant approach to interior design. Entries are weighted individually, not in competition with each other. Because of the number of entries, it is incumbent upon the submitter to indicate to the jury the category within which the submission should be assessed.
It is necessary to explain to the jury the characteristics that distinguish your entry. Any lengthy written descriptions of factors already clear from your graphic presentation should be avoided. All projects will be evaluated on the information contained in the completed submission package. Jurors will not visit the site.
Submissions should demonstrate design resolution or advancement, societal advancement, technical advancement, and/or environmental advancement. Submissions that are an interior renovation or restoration should demonstrate skill, sensitivity and thoughtfulness in preservation, restoration, or the alternative reuse of existing interior spaces regardless of their original architectural intentions.
The authorship of each project will remain concealed throughout the deliberations of the jury. If the authorship is revealed on any of the JPGs, PDFs, prints or narrative, the jury may chose to disqualify the entry.
- All entries must be submitted by the designer or design firm responsible for design of the project, not the design firm of record.
- Project must be completed after January 1, 2013.
- Entrant must have a separate Registration Number for each project.
- All entries and materials become the property of IIDA Northland and may be used for publication. Entrant certifies that permission has been obtained from the owner(s) and the photographer(s) to publish the project and photographs.
- IIDA is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred during the entry process.
- If any qualifications or requirements are not met, or entry rules are not followed, the submission is subject to disqualification at IIDA Northland's discretion.
- IIDA Northland reserves the right to re-classify a project into a different category, if deemed necessary.
- IIDA Northland reserves the right not to award a winner in any category.
Congratulations to our 2014 FAB Award Winners:
Grand Award Winner:
Janet Wallace Fine Arts Center- Phase One
HGA Architects and Engineers
Purina Conference Center Renovation + Expansion
Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity
Restaurant & Retail:
Millennium Hotel Minneapolis
Mercy Health – West Hospital
Janet Wallace Fine Arts Center – Phase One
HGA Architects and Engineers
Excellence in Sustainability:
Madison Central Library
MSR (Meyer, Scherer & Rockcastle, Ltd.)
Elness Swenson Graham Architects